[S7/S7 Edge][OneUI Pie][JetBlackUI][15-Jan-2020][v20] LightROM

Hey Users!!! Is this thread useful... :)

• Total voters

psmari

May 26, 2020
interesting, did you have to do anything to get it working? did you already have your fingerprint saved using a previous rom, then flashed this one over it?
I just get told to check the sensor is clean and not obstructed whenever i try to add a fingerprint.
i've only had fingerprints working on lineage based roms, i had assumed that all NFE based roms were the same story.
I initially had v12 of this rom installed and fingerprint worked then too, and after a wile I upgraded to v20 over the v12 and it keeped on working.

l4n1xg

Feb 7, 2017
use of magisk hide in magisk manager app.
yes , you HAVE TO install magisk and then use safey net fix module and magisk hide to pass safety net
Thanks, i finally did that and it's working perfectly. Well, i was looking for a rom without any trace of root but it's kind of difficult ! ^^ Thank you !

hi guys, i have been using this ROM since it was released. And is the best one so far however the root is causing me troubles for banking and other apps now.
After several attempts to unroot with SuperSU and Magisk all were unsuccessful in the end. Can anyone please advise if it's possible this ROM to be unrooted pr how to hide with magisk and "use safety net fix module"? Does anyone here runs bank apps with it?

Thanks

Last edited:

Nekher87

Nov 27, 2020
Hi I not flash Samsung for 4 Years ago.. this rom Need to download It to sd or i can insatall It from internal Memory ?with delete cache ecc can i found It in internal Memory or Need ad card?

moliva_85

Nov 21, 2010
Shumen
Hi I not flash Samsung for 4 Years ago.. this rom Need to download It to sd or i can insatall It from internal Memory ?with delete cache ecc can i found It in internal Memory or Need ad card?
Inatal from SD card. Wipe everyting. Work perfect :) i switch from A10 back to this rom :)

Sent from my gracerlte using XDA Labs

AuroraLX

May 13, 2012
Stuttgart
Hey guys, I have been using this rom for years, everything was perfect until now.
I have bought a Galaxy Watch3 and can not connect to the watch via Galaxy Wearable App.
I have already reverted to stock both watch and phone, no luck at all.
Changing settings and models, name etc. in build.prop does not help at all.
Could somebody help me?

Last edited:

Timbergetter2

Dec 13, 2020
Does any one know what phone I am dealing with here? It is nominally a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the IMEI lookup reports “Model = G930F Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P)”. Is this some sort of hybrid? CPU-Z indicates the Qualcom chipset. All the bands that IMEI lookup reports are present on Global/Exynos phones and some would be missing from the US / Qualcom phones.

DKS1DR

Mar 14, 2013
Hey guys, I have been using this rom for years, everything was perfect until now.
I have bought a Galaxy Watch3 and can not connect to the watch via Galaxy Wearable App.
I have already reverted to stock both watch and phone, no luck at all.
Changing settings and models, name etc. in build.prop does not help at all.
Could somebody help me?

AuroraLX

May 13, 2012
Stuttgart
Thanks, but I have already tried it, it did not help at all. I had to install another rom, due to the discontinued support of this former "perfect" rom. I would have used it further otherwise...

tester2

Dec 1, 2006
Thanks, but I have already tried it, it did not help at all. I had to install another rom, due to the discontinued support of this former "perfect" rom. I would have used it further otherwise...
To what ROM do you switch?
I'm looking for the best ROM as daily driver. This so far have one of the best comments.

oneearth

Apr 8, 2013
I foolishly removed my old version of LightROM without doing a TWRP backup and now am re-installing this latest version.

I have run into a problem where if I want to change the wallpaper on the home/lock screen, when I try to activate the wallpaper icon, it comes back with "No app found"

Is this because I didn't know what to include in the Aroma phase (which was first time for me)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

sa3d1337

Feb 17, 2013
Hello, first of all I'd like to say awesome work on this rom and thank you for supporting galaxy S7. I also have a question, I was wondering if I can use this rom without root or uninstall root after flashing this rom? I have to verify my phone through a business app and need my phone to be unrooted. Please let me know if its possible. Thank you.

ChoyLeh

Mar 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello, first of all I'd like to say awesome work on this rom and thank you for supporting galaxy S7. I also have a question, I was wondering if I can use this rom without root or uninstall root after flashing this rom? I have to verify my phone through a business app and need my phone to be unrooted. Please let me know if its possible. Thank you.
Not sure if it helps but you could hide magisk manager through the 'Settings' section inside magisk app (not the superuser 'MagiskHide' section). I found this is the most effective way to bypass 'modification detection' apps as it renamed the magisk app to manager and also changed the magisk app icon logo to a generic android logo. Magisk remains functional while banking apps, apps that detect modification are working as intended on my end. Hope it helps you though

WesMata

Oct 9, 2012
Sem mais atualizações? achei que iriam fazer algum update para o Android 10 ou 11 e na One UI

De qualquer forma, é uma excelente ROM

Translation:
No more updates? I thought they would do some updates for Android 10 or 11 and One UI

Anyway, it's an excellent ROM

Last edited by a moderator:

pointgourd

Jul 3, 2020
Great Rom. Best Oreo and close to stock rom for this device. Just loving it and haven't seen any bugs too. Fully debloated rom just way it should be. Thanks a lot for this master rom.

Nevaran

Jul 21, 2018
Well, this is the only rom that doesnt have a broken weak bluetooth, or the sim card not working. Nicely done; Though for some reason apps dont want to update/install from the app store right now (they did initially)

Update: after messing around a bunch and installing both addons included in the post, and gapps 9.0 nano; the issue with unable to download apps from the app store seems to have fixed itself

Last edited:

Nevaran

Jul 21, 2018
Well, all but full dark mode works which is nice. But does anyone know why dark mode doesnt work on all apps/notifications? Play store for example will not have dark mode, and neither will Gmail