• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

s7edge changin network band

Search This thread

stjepa90

May 30, 2016
Hi. Since I got s7edge ,i have been having some really bad network signal. I barely can got 4g with 1 bar,even though i have here good coverage for 4g .however,i have 3g and 2g full signal.With other phones i have had (p10,s7flat,htc one m9) i got full bars LTE+ signal. What could be the problem? I assume network band. I tried changing it on *#0011# but i cannot enter band options. I got sac23 v8 port.

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
"sac23 v8 port"
That's your problem. Get the original software if you want stability and reliability.

PS: You didn't say what hardware version of the phone you have and what cell network you are on. There are too many combinations for us to guess.

stjepa90

May 30, 2016
@SoNic67 Hm. Sorry,didn't think you would need hardware version.. i had same problems with official stock firmware and rom,thats the main reason i rooted my phone. So ,my hardware version is MP 0.801 and I'm on Serbian network,company name is MTS. We have some solid 4g coverage here..

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
Based on this, MTS has LTE Band 3 and Band 20.
Note that what is called 4G in Europe is technically LTE. So it means the same thing.

Looking at cellmapper.net, in Serbia, outside Belgrade, I see on MTS a lot of cells only with B20.
I don't know about Serbia, but in Romania I know that band 20 is a shared band (10MHz) by all the providers, in rural areas, so the connection to it is very unstable (I am not sure who has priority in case of congestion). I often saw there only 3G signal when B20 was overwhelmed. The actual speed test in those places was identical on 4G/LTE and 3G (H+) - the back-haul connection was limited.

Also, I am not familiar with your hardware version. Some versions have differences in supported LTE bands.

So... I would investigate that - what bands are actually implemented in your modem. Flashing different firmware won't change that, it's in a different memory.
I would start looking at this, at least to read the NV #06828 value (phone doesn't even need to be rooted):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059

Last edited:
Reactions: stjepa90

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
Take the SIM out first, reboot and then do the *#2263# without SIM inside.

However, note that when changing the SIM, the CSC file is re-flashed the modem with the appropriate bands and different restrictions (including locking service modes).
On my S7Edge, only with an AT&T SIM I can see the *#2263#. With Verizon SIM it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on this, MTS has LTE Band 3 and Band 20.
    Note that what is called 4G in Europe is technically LTE. So it means the same thing.

Looking at cellmapper.net, in Serbia, outside Belgrade, I see on MTS a lot of cells only with B20.
    I don't know about Serbia, but in Romania I know that band 20 is a shared band (10MHz) by all the providers, in rural areas, so the connection to it is very unstable (I am not sure who has priority in case of congestion). I often saw there only 3G signal when B20 was overwhelmed. The actual speed test in those places was identical on 4G/LTE and 3G (H+) - the back-haul connection was limited.

Also, I am not familiar with your hardware version. Some versions have differences in supported LTE bands.

So... I would investigate that - what bands are actually implemented in your modem. Flashing different firmware won't change that, it's in a different memory.
    I would start looking at this, at least to read the NV #06828 value (phone doesn't even need to be rooted):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059