S8+ Android Pie - Call recording

Search This thread

i87008

May 24, 2018
Hello, after upgrading my phone to Android Pie I cannot record calls, I've been using ACR recorded. After the update, I've tried a few more recorders - Call Recorder - SKVALEX and Call Recorded by Boldbeast. Is there any way how to enable call recording without Root? I would be willing to use ADB.
Thank you in advance

SSHLord-R

Apr 15, 2012
Bucharest
This is what i heard...
We would like to inform our users that there will be no call recording workaround on Android 9 and above. No 3rd party call recording app will be able to do so.

A quick history
Official call recording API was discontinued on Android 6 by Google on the grounds of user privacy. *(Google encourages users to lower their security by getting root access which they need to unlock this feature. Rooting also voids device warranty.)* Luckily, few developers found a workaround and it worked up until Android 8.1. Sadly, we have learnt that Google has closed that workaround on Android 9.

Future
There will be no call recording possibility on any Android 9 phone. No app will be able to record calls properly.

zirt57

Sep 7, 2010
Cambridge
It is NOT Google's job to police the world. Where I live, it is legal to record your phone calls. I do this to protect myself just as I have a dash cam for the same reason. When the government introduced "privacy laws", I knew they were put in place, not to protect "my" privacy, but to protect the politician from having to answer to us, the voter's. Now when asked a question, they can say that they can't answer due to the privacy laws. Damn politicians. Damn corporations. Damn Google, Apple, Facebook. DAMN!

bgdrls

Jul 22, 2014
It is NOT Google's job to police the world. Where I live, it is legal to record your phone calls. I do this to protect myself just as I have a dash cam for the same reason. When the government introduced "privacy laws", I knew they were put in place, not to protect "my" privacy, but to protect the politician from having to answer to us, the voter's. Now when asked a question, they can say that they can't answer due to the privacy laws. Damn politicians. Damn corporations. Damn Google, Apple, Facebook. DAMN!

Exactly

Ledaa

Nov 16, 2010
Hello, after upgrading my phone to Android Pie I cannot record calls, I've been using ACR recorded. After the update, I've tried a few more recorders - Call Recorder - SKVALEX and Call Recorded by Boldbeast. Is there any way how to enable call recording without Root? I would be willing to use ADB.
Thank you in advance
According to someones, Google removed the call recording function out of Android Pie, but Samsung re-added it in the One UI.
There should be a "Call recording" option in the parameters of the dialling function.
However, after the update of my S8+, I didn't find it.
My version is G955FXXU4DSBA
My version of One UI is 1.0 (some users report 1.1).

Should I hope an update to One UI 1.1 for obtaining the Call Recording ?

Regards.

yycDAAN

Sep 24, 2017
Losing the record call is a definite no for some.
As of now, some S8+ have yet to receive the firmware update to Android 9.0. Follow these steps to stop the update to Android 9.0 Pie :

under Settings >>> Developer Options >>> Auto Update System has been disabled.
under Settings >>> Software Update >>> Download Updates Automatically has been disabled.

As far as I'm aware, this is the best option to prevent over night mandatory firmware updates that were common in the past.

sid8840

Jun 28, 2013
Mumbai
ASUS ROG Phone 3
According to someones, Google removed the call recording function out of Android Pie, but Samsung re-added it in the One UI.
There should be a "Call recording" option in the parameters of the dialling function.
However, after the update of my S8+, I didn't find it.
My version is G955FXXU4DSBA
My version of One UI is 1.0 (some users report 1.1).

Should I hope an update to One UI 1.1 for obtaining the Call Recording ?

Regards.

Do you have Sm-955FD of Sm-955F??

asadulhuq

Apr 8, 2019
Call recording in S8 with Pie

I have downgraded my s8 from Pie to Andoid 8 official. Now call recording app ACR by nll works fine as before. I need Call recording very much so I downgraded my s8. Only problem is that Pie upgradatiion pop up appears now and then. I push later since I can't stop the notification permanently.

Feb 7, 2019

Well I hate to say this but what is good in your country doesn't mean a lot when you are using something from another country. In the US the laws change almost by the mile. Where one brother lives call recording is allowed if only one person knows its being recorded, my other brother lives in a place where both people have to know and I live in a place where it is not allowed at all.

Now you are more then welcome to try and remember the laws for everywhere you call. But as Google is a US company it has to do its best to follow us laws. Also less and less courts are allowing phone records as proof of anything as they can easily be faked.

Last edited:

zirt57

Sep 7, 2010
Cambridge
Well I hate to say this but what is good in your country doesn't mean a lot when you are using something from another country. In the US the laws change almost by the mile. Where one brother lives call recording is allowed if only one person knows its being recorded, my other brother lives in a place where both people have to know and I live in a place where it is not allowed at all.

Now you are more then welcome to try and remember the laws for everywhere you call. But as Google is a US company it has to do its best to follow us laws. Also less and less courts are allowing phone records as proof of anything as they can easily be faked.
Google is an international company that has to abide by the laws of each country that it wants to do business in. Those countries do NOT have to abide by the laws of the U.S. Don't think so? Look at how China forces Google to modify it's search engine. The USA is NOT the world's police force and we don't want it to be. I will not abide by US laws unless I am visiting there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2019
Google is an international company that has to abide by the laws of each country that it wants to do business in. Those countries do NOT have to abide by the laws of the U.S. Don't think so? Look at how China forces Google to modify it's search engine. The USA is NOT the world's police force and we don't want it to be. I will not abide by US laws unless I am visiting there.

China doesnt as google is banned in China or did you miss that.

You are right the countries dont. So as soon as your country ads call recording the the OS that it makes......oh wait thats right.
Google has to follow the rules in the country it is made. Not to mention if you use that on someone in the states like I mentioned they can and have been known to sue across country lines and win. So that is up to you.

zirt57

Sep 7, 2010
Cambridge
You are right the countries dont. So as soon as your country ads call recording the the OS that it makes......oh wait thats right.

Google has to follow the rules in the country it is made. Not to mention if you use that on someone in the states like I mentioned they can and have been known to sue across country lines and win.

Which State? Only 11 States require 2 party consent. And I would guess (actually I'm not guessing) that 100% of my calls are not only, only in my country, but also in my one consent province. Now PROVE (i.e. show actual cases of someone successfully being sued across country lines) your last statement. Otherwise you're just spewing garbage.

Again, I don't need Google, the USA or YOU policing me. I've checked the local laws with a local lawyer and you are right on one item (kind of but not 100%). Your call recording "may not" be allowed on court, but it CAN be used against a witness if they perjured thenselves. If they lie in court (talking Ontario Canada only here), a NEW case can be opened against the witness, charging them with perjury. Your lawyer would probably take the defendant's lawyer aside and inform him/her that, if the witness perjures themself, he has evidence and will have them charged. Pretty strong deterrent having the recording, even if you can't use it directly.

Reactions: robnitro
Feb 7, 2019
Which State? Only 11 States require 2 party consent. And I would guess (actually I'm not guessing) that 100% of my calls are not only, only in my country, but also in my one consent province. Now PROVE (i.e. show actual cases of someone successfully being sued across country lines) your last statement. Otherwise you're just spewing garbage.

Again, I don't need Google, the USA or YOU policing me. I've checked the local laws with a local lawyer and you are right on one item (kind of but not 100%). Your call recording "may not" be allowed on court, but it CAN be used against a witness if they perjured thenselves. If they lie in court (talking Ontario Canada only here), a NEW case can be opened against the witness, charging them with perjury. Your lawyer would probably take the defendant's lawyer aside and inform him/her that, if the witness perjures themself, he has evidence and will have them charged. Pretty strong deterrent having the recording, even if you can't use it directly.

Wow you just dont get it do you. Your laws dont matter. They mean nothing. If you want proof go get it yourself. I am not your mother and we dont spoon feed here. Might take some time. It has been awhile since I cared about it to be honest. I use a voice scrambler on all my calls for fun. So recording the call became useless.
If you dont think you are held to our laws by using a US based OS just ask China.

https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-loses-access-to-google-android-987873/

Now if you dont like it then by all means code and OS yourself that will follow your laws.

zirt57

Sep 7, 2010
Cambridge
Wow you just dont get it do you. Your laws dont matter. They mean nothing. If you want proof go get it yourself. I am not your mother and we dont spoon feed here. Might take some time. It has been awhile since I cared about it to be honest. I use a voice scrambler on all my calls for fun. So recording the call became useless.

If you dont think you are held to our laws by using a US based OS just ask China.

Now if you dont like it then by all means code and OS yourself that will follow your laws.
Just wondering, have you been told today?

Reactions: robnitro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Google has to follow the rules in the country it is made. Not to mention if you use that on someone in the states like I mentioned they can and have been known to sue across country lines and win.

Just wondering, have you been told today?

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone