Question S8 screen quality?

Search This thread

march9

Feb 10, 2018
Looking to buy S8 as it is comparatively more compact & cheaper.

How is the overall quality of LCD on S8? Does it have any accuracy issue like warm tone?
Thanks

donomark

Apr 15, 2009
I've a Tab S8 since some months. The screen quality is excellent. It is a LCD display , one of the best.
In the past I had also a Tab S7 plus with amoled but I like more the Tab S8 because of the size. The LCD allows also better energy consumption compared to the amoled.
I may suggest to buy also the keyboard with trackpad (the one made for tab S7 , not the recently released version without trackpad) . It is a nice accessory that transform the tablet into a semi Surface expecially in the Dex Mode.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Jake.S

I've a Tab S8 since some months. The screen quality is excellent. It is a LCD display , one of the best.
In the past I had also a Tab S7 plus with amoled but I like more the Tab S8 because of the size. The LCD allows also better energy consumption compared to the amoled.
I may suggest to buy also the keyboard with trackpad (the one made for tab S7 , not the recently released version without trackpad) . It is a nice accessory that transform the tablet into a semi Surface expecially in the Dex Mode.
LCD takes actually more power than amoled/oled. Since black on amoled/OLED has got leds turned off which takes less power on black areas. While LCD keeps leds on and mixes colours into more like grayish black.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

JagerPL

Dec 7, 2021
Google Pixel XL
Huawei P20
LCD takes actually more power than amoled/oled. Since black on amoled/OLED has got leds turned off which takes less power on black areas. While LCD keeps leds on and mixes colours into more like grayish black.
What you say it's true but S8 battery life is much better than S8+ (according to what i saw on the internet), this might be cause S8 is the only one with adaptative refresh rate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen of S8 is good, it's a TFT screen but is consistent even in the edges of the screen. Only issue i got is that Samsung doesn't have adaptative warm tones on panels that aren't oled, also don't expect perfect blacks.
    You are right Sosimple, i respond to quickly. Sorry for that.
    Looking to buy S8 as it is comparatively more compact & cheaper.

How is the overall quality of LCD on S8? Does it have any accuracy issue like warm tone?
    Thanks
    S8 has got TFT panel instead of OLED like s8+ and S8 Ultra has got.
    Screen quality is better than Tab s5e

(especially if your have allergy and tears on Amoled)

UPDATE: screen is amazing
    It's great. I have no complaints with it.