S8+ - sm-g955 - SW Rev. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 4 BINARY: 3

Search This thread

hackerjj22

Feb 26, 2017
Hello, please I need help on this

Model: SM-G955 - MX Telcel
Update: I cannot reproduce the issue of the Kernel rev. I tried in another computer and the result continue SW Rev. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 4 BINARY: 3

Having this issue:
Odin 3.13
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/015> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/015> File analysis..
<ID:0/015> Total Binary size: 5529 M
<ID:0/015> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/015> Initialzation..
<ID:0/015> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/015> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/015> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/015> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/015> boot.img
<ID:0/015> FAIL!
<ID:0/015>
<ID:0/015> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Steps to Reporduce
I was following this thread [GUIDE] How To Install TWRP & Root Galaxy S8 After Oreo Update breaking the device, and get a loop device with the legend of the OEM. After that, I follow this thread [ROM] [8.0] [OFFICIAL] [CRGB] [ODIN FLASHABLE] For Galaxy S8+ [G955F/FD] [08.09.2018]. Everything was ok, I received an OTA didn't remember the version and continue configuring until I install the Magisk.apk and restart the device, the device stays on OEM boot loop again, trying to reflash S8+ Official Oreo CRGB Firmware 07.09.2018 this version, comes the error SW rev. check to fail device 4 binary 3 related that I am trying to use an older version.

So I find 2 newer versions: SM-G955F_1_20180904043214_2afttpa4az_fac // SM-G955F_1_20180904010814_39o648ohci_fac. Try and now the error is the Kernel rev.

Hope you can help me with some guideline here.

Thank you!

Last edited:

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9

Update: I cannot reproduce the issue of the Kernel rev. I tried in another computer and the result continue SW Rev. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 4 BINARY: 3

Having this issue:
Odin 3.13
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Steps to Reporduce
I was following this thread [GUIDE] How To Install TWRP & Root Galaxy S8 After Oreo Update breaking the device, and get a loop device with the legend of the OEM. After that, I follow this thread [ROM] [8.0] [OFFICIAL] [CRGB] [ODIN FLASHABLE] For Galaxy S8+ [G955F/FD] [08.09.2018]. Everything was ok, I received an OTA didn't remember the version and continue configuring until I install the Magisk.apk and restart the device, the device stays on OEM boot loop again, trying to reflash S8+ Official Oreo CRGB Firmware 07.09.2018 this version, comes the error SW rev. check to fail device 4 binary 3 related that I am trying to use an older version.

So I find 2 newer versions: SM-G955F_1_20180904043214_2afttpa4az_fac // SM-G955F_1_20180904010814_39o648ohci_fac. Try and now the error is the Kernel rev.

Thank you!

As you have already guessed you are trying to flash older firmware than what is on your phone. Device 4 = current bootloader version on phone.Binary 3 = bootloader your trying to flash.
Have a look through this and use samfirm to download latest firmware then flash with odin. Or download latest from sammobile and flash.
When looking at firmware names the 5th number from the right is the bootloader version number.You will need version 4 bootloader firmware.

https://www.xda-developers.com/download-stock-odin-firmware-samfirm/

hackerjj22

Feb 26, 2017
As you have already guessed you are trying to flash older firmware than what is on your phone. Device 4 = current bootloader version on phone.Binary 3 = bootloader your trying to flash.
Have a look through this and use samfirm to download latest firmware then flash with odin. Or download latest from sammobile and flash.
When looking at firmware names the 5th number from the right is the bootloader version number.You will need version 4 bootloader firmware.

Thank you Spawnlives, you are right, I reflash this one: BL_G955FXXU4CRI5_CL14315050_QB19732162_REV00_user_low_ship.tar from Device 4, and everything is ok.

Reactions: spawnlives

hilalattamimi

Oct 18, 2018
thanks so much my brother your tips working

:angel:

galaxynoobie

Mar 3, 2020
Hi, but what if Lineage OS is Android 10 (currently running) and Samsung / Sammobile doesnt offer a ROM with corresponding bootloader version? I want to go back to stock but it doens't work, right? Thanks!

ben.marks

Jul 23, 2010

Anyway to flash older firmware once the device has been updated?
Used to be absolutely fine on older devices, could rollback and flash any firmware you wanted.

Nima_shah

Apr 11, 2021

you seem to know things brother how about a little help
so my running bootloader is G9550FXXSBDUA3 what binaries are used in case i want to load a combination file
p.s: i cant boot the device only runs download mode and bootmenu

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
so my running bootloader is G9550FXXSBDUA3 what binaries are used in case i want to load a combination file
Bootloader version numbers,

A - bootloader version 10
B - bootloader version 11
C - bootloader version 12
And so on

You can check bootloader version in download mode.

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
your best bet is to go to sammobile.com/firmwares and download the latest FW for your device and flash it with Odin. I bet itll boot right up barring any hardware issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Having this issue:
    Odin 3.13
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..

Steps to Reporduce

Thank you!

Thank you Spawnlives, you are right, I reflash this one: BL_G955FXXU4CRI5_CL14315050_QB19732162_REV00_user_low_ship.tar from Device 4, and everything is ok.