Question S8 Ultra Battery life (really bad)

Search This thread

remix92

Jun 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Since last week I have my brand new Ultra...

But the battery life is soooo bad... Around 4 hours display on time (1,5h playing a game and the other 2,5h surfing/taking notes etc) I loose 50% battery..
Is this normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221121_210859_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20221121_210859_Device care.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 86

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
But why?

I didn't set up anything.. Only 120 hz refresh rate
Don't know. 120hz eats battery too as does increased brightness. It maybe a combination of things. All Samsung's should be optimized.
Try in safe mode to rule out 3rd party apps.
Clear system cache. Use Device Care to clean Storage/user logs etc.
Keep all social media apps, shopping apps off the phone. Cloud anything will suck battery.
Turn off Google, Samsung, app and carrier fedback. Try temporarily disabling Google play Services, Gmail, Gmaps and Google backup Transport are dependencies.

Use a Package Disabler or adb edits to kill useless bloatware (leave the Samsung system apps alone!). Target only the battery hogs. Beware of dependencies and know what the apk you're disabling does! Names can be misleading.

remix92

Jun 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Don't have such apk/packages on my device

Used "Package Manager" from. Playstore to check
They are from the Galaxy Store. These aren't the solutions you need. Package Disabler will work with Android 9 and 10, no problem. PM if you need the website, not on Playstore. Cost 4 or 5 bucks. It runs real time so you can make changes on the fly, effortlessly.
Screenshot_20221122-002744_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

Reactions: Jerrvdll

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
They are from the Galaxy Store. These aren't the solutions you need. Package Disabler will work with Android 9 and 10, no problem. PM if you need the website, not on Playstore. Cost 4 or 5 bucks. It runs real time so you can make changes on the fly, effortlessly.
View attachment 5767429

Looked up that app, Package Disabler and I thought wow . . . it works and does NOT need root. So that's a nice trick. The hard part is figuring out what to touch and what to stay away from. They warn you. The bricking is up to you. Thanks goodness there's Odin.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Looked up that app, Package Disabler and I thought wow . . . it works and does NOT need root. So that's a nice trick. The hard part is figuring out what to touch and what to stay away from. They warn you. The bricking is up to you. Thanks goodness there's Odin.
It can't brick a phone. I never had to do a factory reset to purge it in over 3 years. However it does run in safe mode as it has full Administrator privileges.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't have such apk/packages on my device

Used "Package Manager" from. Playstore to check
    Screenshot_20221122-002744_Package Disabler Pro.jpg