S9+ can't revert to stock ROM (howto or why not)?

Search This thread

eb_xda

Jan 22, 2009
Moto G
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Short version: How can I get working stock firmware? Or why I will never be able to get working stock firmware?
Supplementary question: what if anything *should* I have (not) done to avoid this situation?

I'm trying to revert to stock Samsung firmware to test handset (top speaker) audio level, which is very low on Lineage or /e/ ROMS.
I also would like to be able to revert to stock if I choose to resell this phone.

I've tried two different stock firmware packages, but both go into bootloop showing the early samsung logo.
From there I can still get to TWRP and adb sideload the abovementioned roms and they work OK, so it is not the worst outcome.

This phone started with Oreo, I then used heimdall to load all 17 files from the stock Q firmware, then sideload ROM without running stock setup...

Stock firmwares tried:
NZC-G965FXXUFFUC6-20210428121900.zip
TNZ-G965FXXUFFUC6-20210423174601.zip

Phone complete model : SM-G965F ZPATNZ (edit: add F)

Last edited:

eb_xda

Jan 22, 2009
Moto G
Samsung Galaxy S9+
TLDR: "No, it is not possible to go back to stock"

Thanks to @hainguyenthao for the education.

@hainguyenthao : "To be able to flash stock without server that's means you need official repair and device must be knox 0"
So i guess no need to flash stock and u can stay on custom better"

Me: "Oh. So basically it is impossible to go back to stock after flashing a custom ROM (Using ordinary tools odin/heimdall)?"

@hainguyenthao : "Yes"