• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S9 not detected in fastboot and odin

Search This thread

spawnlives

My device is still not been detected by odin and drivers are installed
There are a few reasons why it won't read.
You could try reinstalling samsung driver. I think v1.7.43 in the latest version.
Try a different lead and/or usb port.
If you start your phone normally you should be able to see it through windows explorer as well as odin.

shezy14

Aug 28, 2014
Redmi Note 10
There are a few reasons why it won't read.
You could try reinstalling samsung driver. I think v1.7.43 in the latest version.
Try a different lead and/or usb port.
If you start your phone normally you should be able to see it through windows explorer as well as odin.
Thank you very much i did that and it worked, but the problem right now is that i flashed twrp using odin but its still stock recovery that show when i boot into it and the flashing was successful and bootloader is unlocked.

spawnlives

Thank you very much i did that and it worked, but the problem right now is that i flashed twrp using odin but its still stock recovery that show when i boot into it and the flashing was successful and bootloader is unlocked.
You can use this guide to installed twrp. While in general it's more about the process/method to install twrp. There have been upgrades versions of twrp,root,custom roms etc. On my S9 running latest firmware is slightly different to the guide in regards to the files that i have to flash.

Will need to know what android version your on.

Note: Twrp will require you to Format your Data partition so if anything you need copy or backup and keep stored off the phone.