• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S9 Plus SM-G965F not detecting 5Ghz Wifi

Search This thread

iamextreme

Jul 11, 2011
Hi fellow xda members. I recently purchased the Samsung S9 Plus SM-G965F variant and in Wifi it cannot see the 5Ghz network that i have created. It will only detect the 2.4Ghz networks. I have installed the wifi-analyzer app as well but that also doesnt see it whereas my iphone can see it and connect to the 5ghz network without any issues. Ive been googling and searching this forum but couldnt find anyone having the same problem as me. I am not that experienced in android so dont know what could be the solution. Here are a few more details that might help

Baseband version: G965FXXU2BRG8
Build Number: R16NW.G965FXXU2BRGA

iamextreme

Jul 11, 2011
never mind....problem was with the router not broadcasting ssid on a greater channel range. Fixed it. Thread can be closed

mozz093

Sep 17, 2012
Dakar
Go to your wifi router settings and change the 5Ghz channel. Set it to one that is not too crowded (use the wifi analyser app) and that all your devices can connect. In my case the channel 157 solved my problem. I live in Canada and channel regulations can be different depending on each country laws.

aegis_sim

Nov 27, 2013
Solved It

I'm also havingthe same issue.it's definitely not a problem with the router..my every device can detect 5ghz wifi while s9 plus can't. ..
What to plz help..

just put ur mobile on airplane mode than try to search for wifi, my note 10 plus can detect 5ghz wifi in this method.