S9+ U1 Flash Instant Odin Error

Search This thread

ReapersDeath

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,368
220
Washington
So, originally my phone was ATT or Tmobile (I forget now), I flashed to U1 and stayed there for quite awhile. Then some months back I flashed to a Sprint U version. OTAs and everything worked. But Sprints version is missing some stuff that I came to love on the unlocked version.

I'm trying to go back to the U1 US unlocked (which is XAA region), and my boot loader is v7, and so is the U1 firmware I'm trying to flash with patched odin. I have USB Debugging enabled, removed the lockscreen and any sorts of locks.

My Sprint version is G965USQS7CSJ7, and the Unlocked I'm trying to go to is G965U1UEU7CSK1. I go into download mode/flash mode or what ever as usual, connect phone with the latest Samsung USB drivers installed with patched odin already open, its detected as 0:[COM3] in a cyan/light blue. I add the:
BL_G965U1UEU7CSK1
AP_G965U1UEU7CSK1
CP_G965U1UEU7CSK1
CSC_OMC_OYM_G965U1UEU7CSK1,

and after they all finish doing their checks, I start it, and It instantly stops.

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 6714 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Am I missing something?

Edit: I downloaded patched odin again, and the firmware. Still the same error.

Edit 2: I tried to reflash my current firmware as well. Same issue.

Edit 3: Reinstalled USB drivers and ADB. Still nothing.

Final Edit: Issue solved. It was an issue specific to Ryzen CPUs. Just do it via what ever Intel system you have.
 
Last edited:

spawnlives

Senior Member
Jan 27, 2018
1,121
422
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
So, originally my phone was ATT or Tmobile (I forget now), I flashed to U1 and stayed there for quite awhile. Then some months back I flashed to a Sprint U version. OTAs and everything worked. But Sprints version is missing some stuff that I came to love on the unlocked version.

I'm trying to go back to the U1 US unlocked (which is XAA region), and my boot loader is v7, and so is the U1 firmware I'm trying to flash with patched odin. I have USB Debugging enabled, removed the lockscreen and any sorts of locks.

My Sprint version is G965USQS7CSJ7, and the Unlocked I'm trying to go to is G965U1UEU7CSK1. I go into download mode/flash mode or what ever as usual, connect phone with the latest Samsung USB drivers installed with patched odin already open, its detected as 0:[COM3] in a cyan/light blue. I add the:
BL_G965U1UEU7CSK1
AP_G965U1UEU7CSK1
CP_G965U1UEU7CSK1
CSC_OMC_OYM_G965U1UEU7CSK1,

and after they all finish doing their checks, I start it, and It instantly stops.



Am I missing something?

Edit: I downloaded patched odin again, and the firmware. Still the same error.

Edit 2: I tried to reflash my current firmware as well. Same issue.

Edit 3: Reinstalled USB drivers and ADB. Still nothing.


If your stuck on setup connection on Odin some things to try assuming using windows
Use Odin 3.13.1 ( or modified Odin 3.13.1B )

If you have smart switch/Kies install, un-install it.
USB cable i'm assuming is a data cable.
USB port try plugging into USB 2 port.
Plug phone directly into PC not any hubs.
Use latest Samsung USB drivers.
Run Odin in administrator mode.
Boot into download mode then reboot back into download mode again.
Maybe turn off any anti-virus/firewall programs.
Maybe plug/unplug leads a few times
Try a different PC.

These are a few things to try ( and some you've already tried ) as failing at setup connection can be a common issue with some people and can vary with the PC.
 

ReapersDeath

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,368
220
Washington
If your stuck on setup connection on Odin some things to try assuming using windows
Use Odin 3.13.1 ( or modified Odin 3.13.1B )

If you have smart switch/Kies install, un-install it.
USB cable i'm assuming is a data cable.
USB port try plugging into USB 2 port.
Plug phone directly into PC not any hubs.
Use latest Samsung USB drivers.
Run Odin in administrator mode.
Boot into download mode then reboot back into download mode again.
Maybe turn off any anti-virus/firewall programs.
Maybe plug/unplug leads a few times
Try a different PC.

These are a few things to try ( and some you've already tried ) as failing at setup connection can be a common issue with some people and can vary with the PC.

Have unfortunately done all of those listed minus the different computer thing which I'm transferring files for now.. Also its Odin 3.13.1_3B. I looked around and there's a good chance its a current Ryzen CPU issue.

Edit: Did appear to be a Ryzen issue. It worked smoothly on an Intel laptop.
 
Last edited:

spawnlives

Senior Member
Jan 27, 2018
1,121
422
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Have unfortunately done all of those listed minus the different computer thing which I'm transferring files for now.. Also its Odin 3.13.1_3B. I looked around and there's a good chance its a current Ryzen CPU issue.

Edit: Did appear to be a Ryzen issue. It worked smoothly on an Intel laptop.

Glad it worked. It maybe with certain types of PC's out there. No issues on my HP laptop.
 

albieprod

Member
May 29, 2015
9
0
Ran into issues flashing XAA software on odin. Same problem, constantly failed on a Ryzen PC, tried it on an intel laptop and voila, it worked flawlessly. Thanks Reapersdeath for posting this solution.