• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S905x (Android 7.1.2 ) TV Box GamePad support

Search This thread

JuroClimax

Nov 2, 2011
Hey all,

I just got a MXQ Pro+ 4K (Android 7.1.2) hx_s905x TV box with 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM. Tested SU root with a root testing app, says the device is rooted ok. I checked for software updates and it says that Android is up to date:
Android Version: 7.1.2
Security patch level: May 5 2017.
Kernel version: 3.14.29 (March 2018)
Build: hx_s905x-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180316 test keys Rev B5

I can not get my Logitech Rumblepad 2 wireless gamepad to work with it. Trying to avoid flashing a new ROM or anything that could brick it so I'm only looking for drivers for it and instructions on how to install them.

Good news:
1. I see the device listed as plugged in through the "USB Device Info" app, it recognizes it as Logitech Rumblepad 2 and recognizes another generic gamepad as well.
2. Gamepad is not broken - my old Android Box with Android v.4.4.4 detects it just fine, I can play games and navigate through Android UI on it using the gamepad.

Bad news:
1. Neither the Logitech Rumblepad nor the generic gamepad work in games or in Android UI on the MXQ Pro+
2. Tried a bunch of gamepad testing apps from Play Store but no values come up, it is not detected at all.

What I need help with:
Drivers, modules... anything that will allow gamepad support on Android 7.1.2 and instructions how to install them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It is really weird that an older Android comes with support out of the box yet the latest one doesn't.

Daxiongmao87

Oct 10, 2014
www.criticalhitstudio.com
I know this is old, but after doing searching, it seems like no one replies to these threads with gamepad issues. Is this just something that's troublesome for devs to implement? Are the driver modules just not available? I am in the exact same boat as you, I'm hoping in the future I can turn my little android boxes into steam link + htpc devices.