[S905X][FINAL]atvXperience : The Ultimate AndroidTV experience!

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013

• Android OS version: 7.1.2
• For devices: S905X
• Recovery: TWRP
• Thread Made By: N'ayam Amarsh'e

- download and unzip this ap6330 folder

https://mega.nz/#!QAQ3mSBK!0ku...bWcw0xHXr2t9jYwtB8iYiHZo66begA

- use X-plore file manager app (with superuser+moutable system file option) copy all ap6330 folder to /etc/wifi/. Then reboot.

Attention:
I don't force you to use our(yeah, our, we are a team of 3) ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver.
If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
I am doing my best to provide you the best ATV Experience.

THIS ROM CAN BE FLASHED OVER 6.0 AS WELL.

Based on AndroidTV OS & AOSP. Has all the features of an Android TV + Extras.
please consider donating if you appreciate our hard work - https://paypal.me/atvXperience

ROM DEVELOPMENT, UX, UI : Me and Carmine Rovito(@Carmine)
WEBSITE, BRANDING, UX, UI: Taylor Stephen Hadden(@stephenh)
v2E onwards, Credit Goes to Minixfreak for his contributions towards atvX builds.

HOW TO FLASH IMG VERSION:

VIDEO TUTORIAL:

TEXT TUTORIAL:

1. Download ROM, the file must be a .rar, extract it with WinRAR, 7Zip or any other archive extractor. Now you'll get an IMG. Just rename the IMG to atvx so it now becomes atvx.img.

2. Download Amlogic Burn card maker http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/ZoilYyaS/file.html

3. Get an EMPTY SD Card

4. INSERT THE MEMORY CARD INTO YOUR COMPUTER WITH A USB CARD READER.

4. OPEN THE TOOL AND SELECT THE IMG ROM FILE. NOW SELECT THE SD CARD DRIVE.

5. SELECT *FORMAT* OPTION, DESELECT ERASE BOOTLOADER. NOW, LEAVE OTHER SETTINGS AS IS.

NOW CLICK ON (MAKE)

6. IT WILL TELL YOU TO FORMAT MEMORY CARD. FORMAT MEMORY CARD WITH FAT FILESYSTEM AND USE QUICK FORMAT.

7. IT WILL NOW FLASH THE ROM IN MEMORY CARD.

8. INSERT MEMORY CARD IN BOX.

9. USE A MATCHSTICK AND PUT IT IN THE AV PORT HOLE OF THE ROM.

10. NOW PUSH THE MATCHSTICK INSIDE THE HOLE TO PRESS THE BUTTON. KEEP IT PRESSED AND TURN ON THE POWER.

11. WAIT FOR 5 MINUTES TO FLASH.

12. ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED.

13. ENJOY!

HOW TO FLASH ZIP VERSION:

1. DOWNLOAD THIS http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/85eCS93k/file.html and put it into sdcard.

2. Download the rom and put it into sdcard.

3. Open Update&Backup App, Click on select and select TWRP311.zip, now hit UPDATE.

4. Now you'll be in TWRP. If you aren't, select Update from EXT and select sdcard, now again select TWRP311.zip

5. Now once in TWRP, Swipe if you get a warning.

6. [OPTIONAL] Go to Backup and select SYSTEM, DATA, LOGO, BOOT, RECOVERY and swipe to backup. Now go back to home.

7. Go to Wipe - Advance Wipe - Select Data, system, Dalvik cache and cache and Swipe to wipe.

8. Go back and select install. Now Click on select storage and select External sd card, ATVXperience zip file. Now, swipe to flash.

9. Once rom is flashed, select Reboot system.

10. Enjoy!

v2E

• Based on latest AndroidTV OS, made to be compatible with all S905XDevices.
• Leanback UI
• All Google Apps Work!
• Pre-installed with exclusive atvXperience apps!
• Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
• Chromecast Works
• Comes with latest AndroidTV OS.
• Latest Security Patches from Google and MANY MORE!!
• COMPATIBLE WITH ALL S905X DEVICES!!

Please consider donating if you appreciate our hardwork.
https://paypal.me/atvXperience

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP, AndroidTV

Version Information

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][S905X]atvXperience : The Ultimate AndroidTV experience!, ROM for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
N'ayam Amarsh'e
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: A compatible Processor Type
Based On: atvXperience Project

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v2F
Stable Release Date: 2018-09-10

Created 2018-09-05
Last Updated 2018-09-12

Attachments

Last edited:

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
so already posting donation links when no rom is available?

or is it you get "early access" if you pay forit?

either way, pretty sure place holder roms arent allowed but i could be wrong

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013

Actually, the atvXperience project has already been released for s905w and I did something similar(coming soon thread) back then for it too. This thread acts as a deadline for me. I'll release the public release of the rom in 2 weeks and as usual, people who have donated to s905w know what my rom promises and will get the s905x version 5 days before the Joe Public release :) If mods have any problem with this thread, they can delete it without any problem :D

MarkyMan

Jan 9, 2011
Actually, the atvXperience project has already been released for s905w and I did something similar(coming soon thread) back then for it too. This thread acts as a deadline for me. I'll release the public release of the rom in 2 weeks and as usual, people who have donated to s905w know what my rom promises and will get the s905x version 5 days before the Joe Public release :) If mods have any problem with this thread, they can delete it without any problem :D
Hi,

is it for ANY S905x Box?? My Box have Android 6.0..is it Possible??

Thx

Reactions: N'ayam Amarsh'e

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Down be so harsh, atleast he is posting the rom after properly testing it and NOT labelling it "(Testers Needed)".
There is also a flag button if you need it, either use it or make your way out of this thread.

Besides, Donation for early releases? sounds good to me, why shouldnt donators get early access? after all they are contributing to resources aswell as the future of this project.

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Down be so harsh, atleast he is posting the rom after properly testing it and NOT labelling it "(Testers Needed)".
There is also a flag button if you need it, either use it or make your way out of this thread.

Besides, Donation for early releases? sounds good to me, why shouldnt donators get early access? after all they are contributing to resources aswell as the future of this project.
Just going based off personal experience as I have seen people get warnings or banned for posting threads just like this one..

There is no readily available free version of his rom and links take users off xda with promise if they pay up they will get access to the rom before a public release is made

Wasjust giving a warning that he might have issues with this post from one dev to another but I suppose I can formally complain about the thread since you suggest that would be a better option.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Divjakovski

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
Just going based off personal experience as I have seen people get warnings or banned for posting threads just like this one..

There is no readily available free version of his rom and links take users off xda with promise if they pay up they will get access to the rom before a public release is made

Wasjust giving a warning that he might have issues with this post from one dev to another but I suppose I can formally complain about the thread since you suggest that would be a better option.

atvXperience is a free firmware. The s905w chipsets already have it and I do redirect to our website but it's not virus or something lol. It already has 6k downloads and everybody having an s905w device has it.

Anyway, if you're so keen for a download link. I'll post a link of the unfinished rom.

Last edited:

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney

Well, you have done one great deed for the AMLogic community, zip version is up and available publicly!
Would be great to get a great dev like yourself around here, the amlogic community are dying for a decent ROM and tools to modify firmware, i assure you, AMLogic firmware is literally about 10x harder to work with than any other firmware and the only tools created to modify firmware are made by me
So if you get a device, feel free to jump onboard with some of my projects that noone else has been able to deliver to this date

Reactions: N'ayam Amarsh'e

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
atvXperience is a free firmware. The s905w chipsets already have it and I do redirect to our website but it's not virus or something lol. It already has 6k downloads and everybody having an s905w device has it.

Anyway, if you're so keen for a download link. I'll post a link of the unfinished rom.
youre missing the point lol.. this thread is for the s905x, not s905w and a rom isnot available for the s905x.. but if you donate money, you will get "early access" with no publicly available alternative for s905x..

sort of click bait too when clicking a s905x thread link it takes you to a website offxda for another chipset?

This thread is basically a "place holder" thread and shouldnt be asking for donations until a public free version is available.

I was just tryna give you a tip as I have seen devs get warnings and/or banned posting threads just like this one but hey, last time i try to help someone out lol

carry on and ignore me lol

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Well, you have done one great deed for the AMLogic community, zip version is up and available publicly!
Would be great to get a great dev like yourself around here, the amlogic community are dying for a decent ROM and tools to modify firmware, i assure you, AMLogic firmware is literally about 10x harder to work with than any other firmware and the only tools created to modify firmware are made by me
So if you get a device, feel free to jump onboard with some of my projects that noone else has been able to deliver to this date
no biggie, i personally use the international version of the mibox3.. i mainly work with cell phones, not android tv boxes..

I have used your kitchens a while back but have since moved to other methods..

i was not questioning yours or anyone elses work by any means, was just giving a tip as I have been warned years ago for far less infractions, not a big deal lol i can just be ignored, wasnt trying to offend anyone

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
no biggie, i personally use the international version of the mibox3.. i mainly work with cell phones, not android tv boxes..

i was not questioning yours or anyone elses work by any means, was just giving a tip as I have been warned years ago for far less infractions, not a big deal lol i can just be ignored, wasnt trying to offend anyone
No problem, but the mods of this forum won't mind me posting a coming soon rom because I already have done the same for s905w. You can check out the first few posts on this forum where people were commenting "Waiting for this rom"

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney

Well jump on board!
TV Boxes are much more fun.
I know your intentions are good you just came across rude in the first post!
The moderators around here will be happy your looking out for the forum.

Yeah my Kitchens are obsolete and useless now, Android is not what it was a few years back.

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Well jump on board!
TV Boxes are much more fun.
I know your intentions are good you just came across rude in the first post!
The moderators around here will be happy your looking out for the forum.

Yeah my Kitchens are obsolete and useless now, Android is not what it was a few years back.
agreed, ive actually moved more into exploits/security since SamPWND on the S8/S8+ and a pixel 2 xl somore so building from source these days..

i found an exploit for VZW tab s3 but reported it to Samsung as that device is not popularand it didnt seem to work on other samsung devices..

i am currently working on exploits for US variants of S9/S9+..

With that being said, root was easy on the mibox3 with userdebug firmware but with the way security is going with android was only able to use tethered root due to selinux needing to be manually set to permissive after each reboot..

i really dont use it for anything other than media.. the mibox3wasalso just updated to oreo so its nice.. plus i havent found a quality box outside of mibox3 or shield tv..

I used to buy and sell android tv boxes so ive tried a ton and the quality has been hit or miss for me..

one thing i can say for certain is for the international mibox3 having a locked bl sucks..