venioni

Sep 6, 2015
Reactions: m.morcielago

0adbylad

Apr 15, 2016
You could try this one
I think its the one before Jurassic its called Oneday
Let me know how you get on

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Hi,
I followed the instructions but unfortunately dont seem to work with the model MDZ-19-AA. I guess is due to the img file which is only for MDZ-16 model.
by any change someone could tell me how to proceed to save my bricked box 3s? I dont find a full firmware for it.
any other way to restore the any system on it?

many thanks !

Heres the MDZ 16 AA firmware
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862691928

Reactions: m.morcielago

m.morcielago

May 24, 2013
Marand
If you don't have any lights after power on, it is totally dead.

If you have any visible lights, you can flash an update.zip from recovery process.
I guess you never seen a broken mi box
Broken mi box means : there is no any recovery
Everything is gone
Just stock firmware with IMG format can alive it
And you cannot find IMG for mi boxes

oifnave

Mar 24, 2020
hello, your guide so helpful for me.
I have a question, can I downgrade this software to 1.3.106?

badrud rw

Apr 7, 2020
my device does not get recognised

u can downgrade ..

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

hello. thanks for this guide - works fine
Another sequence is at my box
1. Close the contacts as shown in the photo and apply power to the box --- and hold ---
2. apply power to the box
3. Connect TV box to your PC (use USB Male-Male cable)

it says usb device malfunctioned and cannot be recognised. plz help.

badrud rw

Apr 7, 2020
My device cant be recognised (mdz 16 aa)

I followed the same steps and dis exactly same but still when connected it says usb device not recognised. My device is root formatted and there is no led light showing on the device.
Plz help how to do the thing rote.

limpxp

Dec 29, 2011
help

I made a change, this time I put the hardware specifications contained in the dtb file. try it:

MDZ-19-AA_Test2 - Download
Also try this:

1 - First place the rom you will use, then press start, then connect the device to the USB port. Worked for some people.

2 - Uncheck erase flash and bootloader in amlogic tool and this should solve your problem

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

I hope you get a MDZ-16-AB (Mi Box 3) that is more used in the world because it is the international version (ONCE).
I'm trying to understand the amlogic manuals and articles on u-boot, and composition of firmwares. I made some progress but with your knowledge we would advance a lot.

MDZ-19-AA_Test2 - Download
This file has expired, can anyone share it again?

Fetozid

Aug 3, 2020
Need help, done everything i could find here or at google.
Try to burn MDZ-16-AA but always get stuck at 2% with the error:
[0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result

HELP PLS,
tried other pc
tried other cable

PS English is okay, but german would be better^^

hbmedeiros

Mar 29, 2011
Hi guys, I know it's been a while now since you have tried to overcome a bricked MDZ-16-AB, but now you have a new partner on this journey. :) Last friday I got a message in the box stating that Android 9 was available, I then downloaded and applied the update, everything looked good but suddenly the device booted and started looping in MI logo, the sequence of events when I turn on the box is:

1-Mi Logo shows up (only in my Samsung 4K tv, I tried connecting the box to two other FullHD tvs, not even mi logo appears on them, maybe because 4K resolution was set before the issue happened).
2-All screen turns green and keeps freezed.
3-After 5 seconds or so of green screen, the box boots and the loop starts.
4-After 4 or 5 cycles of loop described above, the process freezes in the green screen and nothing happens afterwards.
5-Plugging power off and back on again makes the process start in the step 1.

I've tried all procedures described here in this thread but no luck.
@jrs007, I just found that you are based in Brazil like me, I can send you my device if you want.

Kassa92

Sep 1, 2014
Hi guys, I know it's been a while now since you have tried to overcome a bricked MDZ-16-AB, but now you have a new partner on this journey. :) Last friday I got a message in the box stating that Android 9 was available, I then downloaded and applied the update, everything looked good but suddenly the device booted and started looping in MI logo, the sequence of events when I turn on the box is:

1-Mi Logo shows up (only in my Samsung 4K tv, I tried connecting the box to two other FullHD tvs, not even mi logo appears on them, maybe because 4K resolution was set before the issue happened).
2-All screen turns green and keeps freezed.
3-After 5 seconds or so of green screen, the box boots and the loop starts.
4-After 4 or 5 cycles of loop described above, the process freezes in the green screen and nothing happens afterwards.
5-Plugging power off and back on again makes the process start in the step 1.

I've tried all procedures described here in this thread but no luck.

@jrs007, I just found that you are based in Brazil like me, I can send you my device if you want.

I habe this same problem, any help for this??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys!
    Today I show you how you can UNBRICK your Xiaomi TV box
    This manual from 4pda by sashlav

1. Download & Install AmLogic USB Burning tool
    2. Download & Extract Firmware Image
    3. Run AmLogic USB Burning tool as Administrator and set English language
      uNeKDMU.png

ZkVUjVn.png
    4. Import image file of software
      TtGTYZI.png
    5. Wait for the end of the verification the software image
      Zz0nzBQ.png
    6. Open your box
      IbiW8mL.png

s9MHM4a.png
    7. Connect TV box to your PC (use USB Male-Male cable)
    8. Close the contacts as shown in the photo and apply power to the box
      A12bUCE.png
    9. The system should recognize the new device as the "WorldCup Device"
    10. The AmLogic USB Burning tool will display "Connect success"
      ieg34gM.png
    11. In the menu "Configuration" note "Erase flash" and select "Erase all" in the drop-down menu.
      Be sure to remove the checkbox with "Erase bootloader"! It should look like this:
      IzIpSr3.png
    12. Press "Start" button
      If successful, the program will write "100%: Burning successfully"
      hIUIzDj.png
    13. Turn off the box, assemble, and connect to your TV
      Note:
      If you see this message:
      hGRrsNC.png

Unplug and reconnect USB, the firmware update should continue
    Good news , someone is sending me a MiBox, not sure what model but if all goes well we will have a proper unbrick method
    Not 100% sure if connection over UART is needed or not but ive ordered a UART debugger just incase
    sir @Ricky Divjakovski is this bootloader console you are talking about is the one you said you are still developing now?

Yes, i have finished building it, will be included in my next release of Amlogic tools.
    See below
    aml_Bl.png
    As for anyone with a total brick, like i said, feel free to send the device to me to attempt bootloader unlock/root and if im successful, i will send it back..
    Companies and people send me devices all the time, but im yet to recieve a mibox
    where can i download the one from amlogic?

and by the way sir, when are you going to release this? (see screenshot)

thanks.

Search customization tool 2.0.8
    As for my tools, im making this release as stable as possible with everything functional, a proper release thats stable and supports multiple android versions, im currently redesigning the unpacking system and fixing all bugs that reside, my time however is limited, but i did make major progress last night and update.zips will be supported