Search This thread

Mem_0

Oct 4, 2014
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hello fellows
So my issue is a bit long so sorry for that
I got this phone 3 days ago
S908N KTC Unlocked ( I live in Middle East and the SIM is working just fine )
I didn't know that this was a branded phone from KTC, I thought it was unbranded KOO
So right now I want to change the firmware to KOO to get rid of the KTC Boot animation and the KTC bloatware/settings
So how should I do that ? Just flash the KOO firmware using Odin? do I need to change csc? is that risky and may trigger Knox and block the phone ?
and after that can I just flash like the middle east firmware ?
Thank you in advance and sorry for taking too long
I'm attaching a screenshot of the CSC and software version of service provider

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-131909_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-131909_Settings.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220812-125729_DeviceKeystring.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-125729_DeviceKeystring.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 46

Mem_0

Oct 4, 2014
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes, but some users already tried and it worked. I remember reading one or two days ago about exactly this...it says it is not supported but it works. I recall it was an Exynos device not SnapDragon but should work the same
okayy great, if you can refer me to link of that I would appreciate it.
another thing is after changing the csc I will be able to flash any stock rom which matches the device SOC which is snapdragon correct ?

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
another thing is after changing the csc I will be able to flash any stock rom which matches the device SOC which is snapdragon correct ?
Hi, have you managed to change the CSC?

I also have the s908N and want to maybe put a European CSC. Also have no idea how does that work with SAMKEY

Reactions: Mem_0

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
unfortunately i tried all ways , seems nothing is working until now, seems that Samsung has locked csc change on Korean Version for S22U
Thanks for confirming 🙏🏻

At least it appears possible to root it and maybe install a custom rom.

I assume that only the rom builders might be able to create a solution for the N version as an installation option in a rom.

However they might not be motivated due to the small number of people having the N versions. Unless of course a few of us agree to contribute in the form of a donation, then maybe a developer can play around and make it happen. What do you think?

Last edited:

Mem_0

Oct 4, 2014
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks for confirming 🙏🏻

At least it appears possible to root it and maybe install a custom rom.

I assume that only the rom builders might be able to create a solution for the N version as an installation option in a rom.

However they might not be motivated due to the small number of people having the N versions. Unless of course a few of us agree to contribute in the form of a donation, then maybe a developer can play around and make it happen. What do you think?
well, I'm not really planning to root as this will trip knox.

spnchik

Oct 21, 2022
Any news on changing KTC to KOO? I rooted SM-S908N, installed app Phone INFO+ Samsung, but don't see a way to change CSC. It just sees KTC region. Chimera Tool also gives info SM-S908N is not supported device. So, is there any way to get KOO or at least get rid of KTC Boot animation and the KTC bloatware/settings?

smartmobee

Jun 1, 2009
Any news on changing KTC to KOO? I rooted SM-S908N, installed app Phone INFO+ Samsung, but don't see a way to change CSC. It just sees KTC region. Chimera Tool also gives info SM-S908N is not supported device. So, is there any way to get KOO or at least get rid of KTC Boot animation and the KTC bloatware/settings?
Same question, looking for any solution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, have you managed to change the CSC?

I also have the s908N and want to maybe put a European CSC. Also have no idea how does that work with SAMKEY