[S912][FINAL]atvXperience – The Ultimate AndroidTV experience!

Search This thread

RuDy7

Jan 16, 2010
Hello Guys,

First thanks for your work !

Unfortunetly, I cannot tried your job because I cannot not install this ROM.
Probably I made a mistake but I don't see when...

I tried differents methods to install the rom but no work.

I haven't USB cable male/male so I didn't try this method.

I Tried method "HOW TO FLASH IMG VERSION:" describe in your first post. When I reboot the bow with reset button pushing, the box start on "android recovery" and installation of the rom doesn't start.

I tried with "burn_card_maker". At the end I think it's the same method than the first tried because the SD card content at same. I have the same problem. the box boot on "android recovery"

Enven if I don't find rom in Zip Format, I tried method "HOW TO FLASH ZIP VERSION:" describe in the first post. When the bow restart, the upgrade start but after few second they are an error.

This is information about my box :
Bqeel K12 - Amlogic S912 - RAM : 2G

Of course, I donwloaded Rom in section S912...

Do you have an idea to help me ?

Thanks In advance.

Rudy.

RuDy7

Jan 16, 2010
Hello Guys,

After many test and black screen.... I install the ROM
Finally I build a usb cable with 2 câbles.

I discover this rom and I have a question.
Is it normal that the ethernet connection doesn't work ?

EDIT 1 :
After some test, Bluetooth doesn't work I cannot connect my kayboard.
I tried to install version H. Bluetooth work but ethernet connection doesn't work and they are many lag.
Also, I cannot parameter my kaypad in "AZERTY" because I don't find option "more setting"

If you have some idea to help me.

Thanks.

Rudy.

Last edited:

alicane

Feb 21, 2009
Funny problem with the IR remote control

Hi N'ayam Amarsh'e,
First of all, thanks for this great ROM. I installed the final version of V2H on a CSA93 (Amlogic S912, 3GB RAM , 32GB Disk). It runs very fast and it's easy to use.
I could even use my IR remote up to 60% after replacing the /etc/remote.conf with the one from my older stock ROM. However, I had also some issues: The Page Down key (IRcode: 0x19) keeps powering off the device :D Until now, I could work around this by disabling the 0x19 code in the remote.conf but this is of course not ideal.
Is there maybe a mapping table for the atvxperience V2H ROM, that summarizes the linux codes available? Hence, I can use/abuse the buttons of my current ir remote control to bind the ircodes of the buttons to different functions on this cool ROM. Especially interesting would be, how to open apps by pressing the buttons (e.g. pressing the 'Video' button on the remote control opens the Youtube app)

Thanks for your replies!

Centoori

May 11, 2020
Hello!

Thanks for your work it s a very good rom!!
I install generally on x96 mini

I try to install V2ff LPDDR Version on beelink gt1 ultimate all is done.

I have just one problem I never seen before. Some apps (puffin browser, iptv smarters pro, web browser, webxperience, Spotify, smart YouTube...) just open and close! I can t do nothing I reboot erase cache and files but it s always the same thing...

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Last edited:

keppi2456

Aug 11, 2011
Bremen Huchting
Hello

I have been connecting my MXQ Plus (M12N) for a long time.
Android is even the 6.0.1.
So there's nothing going on.

Kernel Version: 3.14.29 aimin.he@wyst #4 Sat Aug 13 10:39:02 CST 2016
Build number: MHC19J.20160816 test-keys

The CPU is in any case an S912 with 2GB Ram and 16GB memory.

Can I use this Android version there for?
Or do you even have a newer Android version?

Thank you for the answer and help!

Under MXQ Plus (M12N) can also be found on Youtube

atvcache

Jan 30, 2020
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
Hello

I have been connecting my MXQ Plus (M12N) for a long time.
Android is even the 6.0.1.
So there's nothing going on.

Kernel Version: 3.14.29 aimin.he@wyst #4 Sat Aug 13 10:39:02 CST 2016
Build number: MHC19J.20160816 test-keys

The CPU is in any case an S912 with 2GB Ram and 16GB memory.

Can I use this Android version there for?
Or do you even have a newer Android version?

Thank you for the answer and help!

Under MXQ Plus (M12N) can also be found on Youtube

Use atvxperience! It's android 7.1.2 for the S912. In my opinion it's #1 to bring your old box back to life, I've tested them all on an old tronsmart Vega S96 which is an S912 2GB/16GB. Works flawlessly!

Last edited:

aeoros

Jul 30, 2009
Mazatlan
Does this is compatible whit wifi q6330 chipset?
I have a csa93 tvbox it's s912 but as far as i know tere are 2 revisions, 1 whit and other whit QCA9377

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Hello to all!Will this rom work on a Vorke Z6?(Not plus)

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Links are dead, could some please share zip and img files?
Ohh just noticed too!! can someone PLEASE share rom zip to flash with twrp?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Latest version of slimbox ported to Mecool BB2 (non pro) https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https:/....php?showtopic=764998&st=19900#entry101633536 link is to 4pda for download via mega. I'm using it on my YOKA KB2 (non pro) it's a android 9 ATV ROM, and working fine on my box. it also has twrp installed. I don't know if it works on other S912 boxes, but WiFi and Bluetooth works on my box. I know the file says BB2 PRO but it works. install via latest version of USB burning tool.on the 4pda thread, some users who have the pro version ( BB2 PRO AND KB2 PRO) said they had problems installing the ROM. so read the thread and install at your own risk.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Link to 4pda thread https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=764998&st=19900#entry101633536

Last edited:
Latest version of slimbox ported to Mecool BB2 (non pro) https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https:/....php?showtopic=764998&st=19900#entry101633536 link is to 4pda for download via mega. I'm using it on my YOKA KB2 (non pro) it's a android 9 ATV ROM, and working fine on my box. it also has twrp installed. I don't know if it works on other S912 boxes, but WiFi and Bluetooth works on my box. I know the file says BB2 PRO but it works. install via latest version of USB burning tool.on the 4pda thread, some users who have the pro version ( BB2 PRO AND KB2 PRO) said they had problems installing the ROM. so read the thread and install at your own risk.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Link to 4pda thread https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=764998&st=19900#entry101633536

Hi,
Did you manage to have Wifi & Bluetooth to work with Slimbox ROM ?
I installed it yesterday but cannot have Wifi & bluetooth. I am currently using ethernet so I'm not stuck but would be better to have everything working to be complete. What about IR Remote, is it working or are you using CEC remote also ?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Hi,
Did you manage to have Wifi & Bluetooth to work with Slimbox ROM ?
I installed it yesterday but cannot have Wifi & bluetooth. I am currently using ethernet so I'm not stuck but would be better to have everything working to be complete. What about IR Remote, is it working or are you using CEC remote also ?
Yes, both WiFi and Bluetooth work. remember, as I said in the earlier post, this was ported to the mecool BB2 (non pro) which is the same as my box (YOKA TV KB2 non pro) there another version for the pro version (3gb ram DDR4) further along the 4pda thread which gives a link to other roms for S912 boxes, does your box have similar specs to the KB2 or BB2? maybe your WiFi/Bluetooth is different. and on the slimbox thread there is only one S912 box listed. you need to see if your box has similar specs that one listed. or go on that thread and ask the developer to support your box or do a search on 4pda to see if there are any roms for your box. there a number of android 9 ATV roms out there (Google search) just make sure they are for the S912 and match your WiFi and Bluetooth. also check on freaktab site as there are a number of roms posted there.

Yes, both WiFi and Bluetooth work. remember, as I said in the earlier post, this was ported to the mecool BB2 (non pro) which is the same as my box (YOKA TV KB2 non pro) there another version for the pro version (3gb ram DDR4) further along the 4pda thread which gives a link to other roms for S912 boxes, does your box have similar specs to the KB2 or BB2? maybe your WiFi/Bluetooth is different. and on the slimbox thread there is only one S912 box listed. you need to see if your box has similar specs that one listed. or go on that thread and ask the developer to support your box or do a search on 4pda to see if there are any roms for your box. there a number of android 9 ATV roms out there (Google search) just make sure they are for the S912 and match your WiFi and Bluetooth. also check on freaktab site as there are a number of roms posted there.

I do have a Yoka KB2 (non pro) also and was looking for a fix for WiFi and bluetooth. I managed to have all netflix, prime video and disney plus to work on it and I may have find a way to fix it manually from original slimbox ROM so I will try it first but really good to know that the version you suggest is working fine on that box so I can use it. BTW, is IR remote also working ?
Is there a specific topic for that ROM on 4pda ?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
I do have a Yoka KB2 (non pro) also and was looking for a fix for WiFi and bluetooth. I managed to have all netflix, prime video and disney plus to work on it and I may have find a way to fix it manually from original slimbox ROM so I will try it first but really good to know that the version you suggest is working fine on that box so I can use it. BTW, is IR remote also working ?
Is there a specific topic for that ROM on 4pda ?
Just seen your post on slimbox thread, read my reply there. I still don't understand why you unticked the boxes on usb burn tool.if your box really is the KB2 non pro version, then you wouldn't had problems installing the ROM on your box.

Just seen your post on slimbox thread, read my reply there. I still don't understand why you unticked the boxes on usb burn tool.if your box really is the KB2 non pro version, then you wouldn't had problems installing the ROM on your box.

I've looked at your both replies :) It is fine now, I have the same ROM as you and everything is running great also IR remote, that's awesome :)
I've talked about untick erase bootloader because I read in original slimbox thread that it was required during the installation.
And since I had the original S912 ROM installed with the option activated I was not able to start on bootloader by pressing the reset button + power supply and USB, it was always going straight to OS but I've find a way to force it to bootloader so I was able to flash the correct ROM you gave me and now it is all OK ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FETEEcTAuEvGeP66vxV2qmTWtUPo%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fpreview.ibb.co%252FkmdL08%252Fwebbanner.png

• Android OS version: 7.1.2
    • For devices: S912
    • Recovery: TWRP
    • Thread Made By: N'ayam Amarsh'e

Attention:
    I don't force you to use our(yeah, our, we are a team of 3) ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver.
    If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
    I am doing my best to provide you the best ATV Experience.
    Please consider donating if you like our work :)
    https://paypal.me/atvxperience

Based on AndroidTV OS & AOSP. Has all the features of an Android TV + Many More Extra Features!

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FQOkesnkCyFJOMwwxD5ZCrL46cHo%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fpreview.ibb.co%252Fm1BjSo%252Fteam.png

DEVELOPMENT, UX, UI : Me, Carmine Rovito(@Carmine)
    WEBSITE, BRANDING, UX, UI: Taylor Stephen Hadden(@stephenh)
    v2E onwards, Credit Goes to Minixfreak for his contributions towards atvX builds.

HOW TO FLASH IMG VERSION:

VIDEO TUTORIAL:

TEXT TUTORIAL:

1. Download ROM, the file must be a .rar, extract it with WinRAR, 7Zip or any other archive extractor. Now you'll get an IMG. COPY IT TO YOUR SD CARD.

2. Download The Package https://www.atvxperience.com/download/sd-card-img-pre-burned-files/

3. Get an SD CARD. Make sure there are no corrupt files or sectors in it.

4. INSERT THE MEMORY CARD INTO YOUR PHONE/COMPUTER.

4. OPEN THE PACKAGE YOU DOWNLOADED AND EXTRACT ITS CONTENTS WITH WINRAR ONLY TO YOUR SD CARD.

5. NOW YOU WILL HAVE 3 FILES IN YOUR SD CARD. ONE .INI FILE, ONE .UBOOT FILE AND ONE .IMG FILE.

6. RENAME THE IMG FILE TO aml_upgrade_package WITHOUT REMOVING THE IMG EXTENSION.

7. SD CARD PART IS DONE NOW.

8. INSERT MEMORY CARD IN BOX.

9. USE A MATCHSTICK AND PUT IT IN THE AV PORT HOLE OF THE ROM.

10. NOW PUSH THE MATCHSTICK INSIDE THE HOLE TO PRESS THE BUTTON. KEEP IT PRESSED AND TURN ON THE POWER.

11. WAIT FOR 5 MINUTES TO FLASH.

12. ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED.

13. ENJOY!

HOW TO FLASH ZIP VERSION:

1. DOWNLOAD THIS http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/85eCS93k/file.html and put it into sdcard.

2. Download the rom and put it into sdcard.

3. Open Update&Backup App, Click on select and select TWRP311.zip, now hit UPDATE.

4. Now you'll be in TWRP. If you aren't, select Update from EXT and select sdcard, now again select TWRP311.zip

5. Now once in TWRP, Swipe if you get a warning.

6. [OPTIONAL] Go to Backup and select SYSTEM, DATA, LOGO, BOOT, RECOVERY and swipe to backup. Now go back to home.

7. Go to Wipe - Advance Wipe - Select Data, system, Dalvik cache and cache and Swipe to wipe.

8. Go back and select install. Now Click on select storage and select External sd card, ATVXperience zip file. Now, swipe to flash.

9. Once rom is flashed, select Reboot system.

10. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD (v2F)

• Based on latest AndroidTV OS, made to be compatible with all S912 Devices.
    • Leanback UI.
    • All Google Apps Work!
    • Pre-installed with exclusive atvXperience apps!
    • Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
    • Chromecast Works
    • Comes with best performance tweaks to feel the Xperience.
    • Latest Security Patches from Google and MANY MORE!!
    • COMPATIBLE WITH ALL S912 DEVICES!!

Please consider donating if you appreciate our hardwork.
    https://paypal.me/atvxperience

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP, AndroidTV

Version Information
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [S912] atvXperience – The Ultimate AndroidTV experience! -, ROM for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
    N'ayam Amarsh'e
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: A compatible Processor Type
    Based On: atvXperience Project

Version Information

Created 2018-09-08
    Last Updated 2018-09-12
    Hello,
    Can you Update your ATV ROM for S912 devices with the new Android 9.0 ROM for S912 devices e.g. Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3/32. Tanix has relleased Android 9 for S912 devices. https://androidpctv.com/tanix-tx9s-price-opinion/
    Yes I'm working on it :)
    The new year is the release date I've set for now because in November I have exams, whole month [emoji14]

Sent from my RMX1901 using Tapatalk
    v2FF has been released. We worked hard to get it working. I hope you like it. We are finally done with the v2 and won't be releasing any new updates.
    Many changes have been introduced and I hope it works well for you like it does for me(it actually does on my h96 pro and x96 mini).
    Anyway, we'll be taking a long break so I hope you guys don't mind :)
    This has got to be the worst streaming box i have ever had the pleasure of working on.

No wonders people buy the Nvidia Shield TV, at least it works, and works bloody well.

As for flashing your amazing looking ROM, neither method works with the X92.

Putting the 3 files you on a SD Card and renaming the image file does nothing but cause a freeze at bootup NOR does converting the img file to a zip file via AMLogicTools so it can be flashed via TWRP comes up with an ERROR 6 in red.

I don't understand why you can't make us a ZIP file that works WITH TWRP without errors, it has been "requested" for at least a dozen times over the last 16 pages and i'm sure i'm not the last person to ask for help.

I'll even consider donating if you can get us a working ZIP file for the S912/X92.

Thanks
    New Update coming soon, will be truly universal and will fix the av sync bug.