Sac23 full s8 port V9 (oreo apps) for s7/s7 edge(20-11-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kcramp858

Sep 19, 2017
For those struggling with T-Mobile USA wifi-calling -- I found a solution!

Note: I came from Superman ROM (not the latest, the one from before) where it was working great. However, it slowed down to the point of un-usability. I switched to a solid 5 or 6 different ROMs on the front page, and none of them would work. I would always get VoLTE but Wifi Calling would be stuck on "Enabling..."

Here is EXACTLY what I did to fix it:
  1. Removed my China Mobile card -- My TMO USA sim is in SLOT TWO (glued to an SD Card) and my China Mobile sim is in SLOT ONE. I removed SLOT ONE.
  2. Did a factory reset and installed the ROM as normal. Not sure if it matters, but I did the chain root (not the magisk). I also used the DEFAULT CSC. Rebooted as usual.
  3. I booted as normal and was sad to find that Wifi Calling was stuck on 'Enabling...' and VoLTE was working fine.
  4. I turned on AIRPLANE MODE.
  5. I turned on WIFI -- magically, wifi calling worked great! I made a phone call and I got the success message.
  6. I then went into the wifi calling menu and changed it from Wifi Preferred to Cellular Preferred. Then I changed it back to Wifi Preferred -- I think the ROM comes "stuck" set on Cellular Preferred. It is important to note that the ROMs all come with "Wifi Preferred" ALREADY selected.
  7. I turned off Airplane Mode and everything was working great.
  8. I turned the phone off, re-inserted my China Mobile SIM into SLOT ONE (which was Empty). Booted as normal.
  9. I found Wifi Calling stuck on Enabling... again. I repeated the airplane mode -- wifi on -- make a call -- airplane mode off procedure.
  10. Success!

I have been unable to conquer this issue in every ROM since my last Superman ROM. Even the latest Superman ROM did not work. I believe that there is some issue with it being "stuck" on "Cellular Preferred," so it never kicks on until you go into Airplane Mode.

Hope this works for someone!

Last edited:

efmese

May 12, 2014
Hi, i need some guidance

My first question is if i can flash the new bootloader and modem needed for this ROM via twrp or do i have to do it in odin? 2. Someone can say finally which is the latest build, sept 17 version or sept 18? 3. What are the bugs of this ROM, i saw in an early post that the camera qaulity is bad, one kernel lead to bootloop? I'm not on my first ROM flash but i like to know all of this stuff before i move from a stable working ROM.

Reactions: HurdibuckSchlunz

shegeloaf

Jun 9, 2014
sydney
My first question is if i can flash the new bootloader and modem needed for this ROM via twrp or do i have to do it in odin? 2. Someone can say finally which is the latest build, sept 17 version or sept 18? 3. What are the bugs of this ROM, i saw in an early post that the camera qaulity is bad, one kernel lead to bootloop? I'm not on my first ROM flash but i like to know all of this stuff before i move from a stable working ROM.
Just flash the bl and cp via twrp from this link7 and all Will ne updated.
https://mega.nz/#!WpFlVJ4T!Fe09Vn-outOMeJa-DKAim9Lu3JpxrqhdyRm5KdwTZo4, just flash this, is new Bl and Cp(bootloader and modem) and will work

Max195

Dec 17, 2014
www.youtube.com
just installed v7, seems to be working just as well as v5, found one bug so far: the data usage mods settings and the recents ram swap info settings do nothing
also i now have an issue where my screen keeps ghost touching (it's a software issue for me since it only happens in the actual OS, not in TWRP or anywhere else)

Last edited:

shegeloaf

Jun 9, 2014
sydney
good video for reference. by the way, i see you are using noto 1.8.8. do you flash after rom boot finished, or do you flash in one flash process?
I flashi clean install rom, reboot intorecovery again and then flash N.Kernel via twrp. After Kernel ibrestart the phone as normal.

Can i flash the rom only wiping System and cache ? I dont want to wipe data. Is it ok ?
Try it and see.

Reactions: mashardpro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts