Sad State of Development

Search This thread

vogonpoetlaureate

Feb 4, 2013
Megabrantis Cluster
Dear Yasir, Atis112, Prototype-U, ckpv5, MaartenXDA, xpirt, The Android Manual and fellow devs,

I have downloaded all your ROMs and installed them faithfully on my phone. However I must express my utter disappointment that these ROMs aren't running Key Lime Pie. Why are you so lazy?

Also, my phone does not turn into an umbrella when it's raining. WTF is this? How can you ignore such basic stuff? It doesn't walk my dog, or chop my vegetables. I wanted to use my phone as a lightsaber to impress all my friends, but can I do this with your ROMS? No!

You use excuses like: "We don't have kernel sources from HTC", and manage to give us a measly 4.2.2 ROM / Sense 5 themed ROM / Sense 4+ Full / CM 10.1 instead!? Really it's just that you are not listening to us, your non-paying customers. Why should we donate to you or support your work when we can't even play the latest PS4 / Xbox One games on our Desire X. Is that too much to ask?

So, please get with the program, and make us some awesome ROMs with no new sources and nothing but endless hours of hacking and slashing at code to work with. We promise to do nothing but moan at you and suggest how you should spend your volunteer time and efforts.

Sincerely,

A random noob

Last edited:

hcdav

Mar 17, 2013
Dear Yasir, Atis112, Prototype-U, ckpv5, and fellow devs,

I have downloaded all your ROMs and installed them faithfully on my phone. However I must express my utter disappointment that these ROMs aren't running Key Lime Pie. Why are you so lazy?

Also, my phone does not turn into an umbrella when it's raining. WTF is this? How can you ignore such basic stuff? It doesn't walk my dog, or chop my vegetables. I wanted to use my phone as a lightsaber to impress all my friends, but can I do this with your ROMS? No!

You use excuses like: "We don't have kernel sources from HTC", and manage to give us a measly 4.2.2 ROM / Sense 5 ROM / Sense 4+ Full / CM 10.1 instead!? Really it's just that you are not listening to us, your non-paying customers. Why should we donate to you or support your work when we can't even play the latest PS4 / Xbox One games on our Desire X. Is that too much to ask?

So, please get with the program, and make us some awesome ROMs with no new sources and nothing but endless hours of hacking and slashing at code to work with. We promise to do nothing but moan at you and suggest how you should spend your volunteer time and efforts.

Sincerely,

A random noob
Sense 5 ROM...? Where!?

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Haha. Nice one OP. A very unique way of thanking.

Your welcome. I hope we will get more devs with time and then you might get more distractions, like fully working cmx and bug free sense 5.

And I would include even more people like maartenxda, xpirt, TAM, who are making each day better than last.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

mirost1

Nov 10, 2009
Blagoevgrad
OP - very well said mate, most of us are acting this way and want everything not for today, not for tomorrow but for yesterday.
Most members are asking for ETAs everyday, when its been said many times not to do so, many members are moaning about non working stuff, without donating, without thinking that this is what Development means - stuff being fixed needs time, time which our not many, but working devs need to spend for us, not for their private life.

So i agree with you and i wish all of us to be more friendly and more patient with the development and developers we have here.

Reactions: hcdav

realCyphox

Apr 6, 2012
Germany
Dear Yasir, Atis112, Prototype-U, ckpv5, MaartenXDA, xpirt, The Android Manual and fellow devs,

You use excuses like: "We don't have kernel sources from HTC", and manage to give us a measly 4.2.2 ROM / Sense 5 themed ROM / Sense 4+ Full / CM 10.1 instead!? Really it's just that you are not listening to us, your non-paying customers. Why should we donate to you or support your work when we can't even play the latest PS4 / Xbox One games on our Desire X. Is that too much to ask?

Sincerely,

A random noob

i also demand a flux capacitor, so we can travel into the future and get our jb kernel sources from htc

vogonpoetlaureate

Feb 4, 2013
Megabrantis Cluster
There's a serious point to this post, which is that there are people who are making attacks against devs, criticising people's efforts while having made no contributions themselves, and generally going against the spirit of XDA (that is to foster a community of people committed to learning and developing together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and courtesy). So stop with the moaning and the whinging. the ad hominem attacks, and the armchair developer schtick. Give developers the respect they deserve. They volunteer their time and energy on the things they choose to. They don't owe us anything.

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Feb 19, 2013
There's a serious point to this post, which is that there are people who are making attacks against devs, criticising people's efforts while having made no contributions themselves, and generally going against the spirit of XDA (that is to foster a community of people committed to learning and developing together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and courtesy). So stop with the moaning and the whinging. the ad hominem attacks, and the armchair developer schtick. Give developers the respect they deserve. They volunteer their time and energy on the things they choose to. They don't owe us anything.
I agree with you. All people who don't like dev's work can learn and make by themeselves.
I respect all dev's work like @neXus PRIME one because he made all recoveries for us and we have to be grateful to him.

xpirt

Reactions: nunein and Mr.Jay

MaartenXDA

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Why the hell aren't you a news writer? Seriously, I have seen some of your posts - like the ROM reviews - and they're post by post AWESOME. It'd be great if the rest of the forum could join the happiness of reading your posts!

Reactions: vogonpoetlaureate

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland City
www.ascendapps.tk
Why the hell aren't you a news writer? Seriously, I have seen some of your posts - like the ROM reviews - and they're post by post AWESOME. It'd be great if the rest of the forum could join the happiness of reading your posts!

Ikr, his use of language is perfect for articles and reviews, you should ask for a position at xda portal if that's possible

Sent from the future.

Reactions: vogonpoetlaureate

mindlesSheep

Sep 13, 2011
Prague
^
exactly why this thread was made, they may not be "devs" but they are still dedicating plenty of personal time to you and all others here, they made things noone else would do and let everyone to benefit from it, further development included, they are pushing desire x in others eyes up, they should be thanked, not labeled as "not dev, pfff"...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sincerely,

A random noob
    Haha. Nice one OP. A very unique way of thanking.

Your welcome. I hope we will get more devs with time and then you might get more distractions, like fully working cmx and bug free sense 5.

And I would include even more people like maartenxda, xpirt, TAM, who are making each day better than last.

Sincerely,

A random noob

i also demand a flux capacitor, so we can travel into the future and get our jb kernel sources from htc
    Made my day :D

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone