SAFE MODE?

Search This thread

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
Running official ICS stock and rooted. I have access to both recoveries on my phone. Using the button combo I get 3e and using a manager app I get CWM. When I tried a reboot from 3e recovery I got this...on the bottom left of the screen, is this the same as a kernel panic?
3f8ae809-2e00-1d85.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

Jemack

Dec 10, 2010
Baton Rouge
You would not believe the information Google search gave me when I typed in "safe mode galaxy s2". It was unreal!. Instead of starting 2 threads 20 minutes apart, which you've been a member long enough to know better, just take a deep breath, don't panic, and think for a few minutes on how to figure this out without back to back threads.

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
Trust me, there was no panic and you're right ...but my time should be an indication that maybe it was an accident...posting from mobile I lost signal in the middle of an edit of the title and it posted twice on it's own. I was just looking to share something I thought was kinda cool as I was unaware that the phone has a safe mode. Trust me my days of panic over a phone are long gone. But thank you to all you Google share holders for the advice.

Last edited:

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Trust me your right, and there was no panic...and my time should be an indication that maybe it was an accident...posting from mobile I lost signal in the middle of an edit of the title and it posted twice on it's own. I was just looking to share something I thought was kinda cool as I was unaware that the phone has a safe mode. Trust me my days of panic over a phone are long gone. But thank you to all you Google share holders for the advice.

yer right. We should definitely have searched Google for you and posted the results instead of allowing you to figure it out for yourself and learn something.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
So the mods pulled my post?...you have to admit though, it was pretty good and I would like to thank you for giving me the perfect oppurtunity to use that one! Gave you a good slap on the old thanks button just for it too...and to the mods I apologize for having a bit of fun and posting a Troll Bait thread but you have to admit, it's so freaking easy on here, and it's almost always the same ones! Man it's like shooting fish in a barrel!! Now if you dont mind since it appears to be the accepted norm around here...I'm gonna go be an ass in someone else's thread. :angel:

Reactions: j510

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
Bang...and another one floats to the top! You guys need another hobby...This ia not the Development forum...its Q&A and I posted a question, GET OVER IT and stay out of the thread if you're coming here with crap. This is not directed at the persons pointing out the double posts (that was totally unintentional) as I was unaware this had happened but whats the point of even having a Q&A thread if people are just going to come in it and say..."you should've Googled that". Instead of comprehending my explanation and the reason for posting the thread in which I clearly explain in my second post (post # 5)...you choose to show your level of intelligence is limited to the MOB MENTALITY of: ..."you should've Googled that". Guess you were raised to think it's OK to be an A-hole every chance you get, and from the safety and cozy little comfort of your keyboard...it's not and only shows an immature attitude. And though some are fairly young I cant imagine why at any point in your life you would ever want to come off as "childish"? You shouldn't type anything in your post you wouldn't say to the person as if they were in the same room. We all have something in common here on this Forum...Android Phones, and something more in common Samsung Android phones, and another thing in common; reading/posting and being a member on a forum site for Samsung Android phones (would't it be cool if more of your friends had these things in common with you?) ...yet some of you feel the need to bash in another persons thread every chance you get and if you really think about it...ANY thread in this section could've been googled...seriously what's the point of the section then? I've gone back and read some "posting history" of the people who have posted negatively and one of you in particular must clearly have developed 'Coulrophobia" just from your first 2 attempts at posting a thread. Maybe that would explain the reason for your obvious angst toward others? Remember where you have come from and learn from it...just because your at a different point now doesn't make you better than anyone else...espescially me. In conclusion...if you feel I or anyone for that matter made an error in posting and not google search first, how does you coming in here just to flame (also XDA rule violation) make any sense? It doesn't and is just as much a FAIL as anything in these forums. Cheers!

Last edited:

clay101eve

Jul 8, 2010
Hewitt, TX
You mad bro?

Seriously though, take this into consideration:

You posted a thread without so much as giving ANY effort into finding the answer yourself. This in turn creates clutter, useless information and most of all, irritation from those who scour these forums looking for problems to solve. In simplistic form: wasting time.

As was already stated, it took someone less time to find the answer you were looking for than it took for you to make this thread. When the answer is so readily available, is it really such a hard concept to grasp that those with lots of knowledge about our phones (supposedly including you) get irritated when they read threads like this everyday?

Hell, I did it when I first got my GS2, but I quickly learned how things work around here and how to keep it running smoothly.

[EDIT] PS - You missed. When that shot entered the water it was deflected by the resistance of the waters' surface. You now have a hole in the side of your fish barrel... And no dead fish!

Clay

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Last edited:

snipe2nite

Aug 1, 2011
NorCal, Bay Area
Bang...and another one floats to the top! You guys need another hobby...This ia not the Development forum...its Q&A and I posted a question, GET OVER IT and stay out of the thread if you're coming here with crap. This is not directed at the persons pointing out the double posts (that was totally unintentional) as I was unaware this had happened but whats the point of even having a Q&A thread if people are just going to come in it and say..."you should've Googled that". Instead of comprehending my explanation and the reason for posting the thread in which I clearly explain in my second post (post # 5)...you choose to show your level of intelligence is limited to the MOB MENTALITY of: ..."you should've Googled that". Guess you were raised to think it's OK to be an A-hole every chance you get, and from the safety and cozy little comfort of your keyboard...it's not and only shows an immature attitude. And though some are fairly young I cant imagine why at any point in your life you would ever want to come off as "childish"? You shouldn't type anything in your post you wouldn't say to the person as if they were in the same room. We all have something in common here on this Forum...Android Phones, and something more in common Samsung Android phones, and another thing in common; reading/posting and being a member on a forum site for Samsung Android phones (would't it be cool if more of your friends had these things in common with you?) ...yet some of you feel the need to bash in another persons thread every chance you get and if you really think about it...ANY thread in this section could've been googled...seriously what's the point of the section then? I've gone back and read some "posting history" of the people who have posted negatively and one of you in particular must clearly have developed 'Coulrophobia" just from your first 2 attempts at posting a thread. Maybe that would explain the reason for your obvious angst toward others? Remember where you have come from and learn from it...just because your at a different point now doesn't make you better than anyone else...espescially me. In conclusion...if you feel I or anyone for that matter made an error in posting and not google search first, how does you coming in here just to flame (also XDA rule violation) make any sense? It doesn't and is just as much a FAIL as anything in these forums. Cheers!

Well said, I like the way you think.... To bad they don't get the fact acting tuff on here tells a lot about you..... Just glad you see it.
".just because your at a different point now doesn't make you better than anyone else..." <~~~~~ Real talk....

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

You mad bro?

Seriously though, take this into consideration:

You posted a thread without so much as giving ANY effort into finding the answer yourself. This in turn creates clutter, useless information and most of all, irritation from those who scour these forums looking for problems to solve. In simplistic form: wasting time.

As was already stated, it took someone less time to find the answer you were looking for than it took for you to make this thread. When the answer is so readily available, is it really such a hard concept to grasp that those with lots of knowledge about our phones (supposedly including you) get irritated when they read threads like this everyday?

Hell, I did it when I first got my GS2, but I quickly learned how things work around here and how to keep it running smoothly.

[EDIT] PS - You missed. When that shot entered the water it was deflected by the resistance of the waters' surface. You now have a hole in the side of your fish barrel... And no dead fish!

Clay

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Hmmm and your post helps who how? "This in turn creates clutter, useless information and most of all, irritation from those who scour these forums looking for problems to solve"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trust me your right, and there was no panic...and my time should be an indication that maybe it was an accident...posting from mobile I lost signal in the middle of an edit of the title and it posted twice on it's own. I was just looking to share something I thought was kinda cool as I was unaware that the phone has a safe mode. Trust me my days of panic over a phone are long gone. But thank you to all you Google share holders for the advice.

yer right. We should definitely have searched Google for you and posted the results instead of allowing you to figure it out for yourself and learn something.

Why two threads?

Because he thinks safe mode is special enough to warrant 2 of them?

Seriously though it's just safe mode. Google it. Normal and been around for quite some time

So the mods pulled my post?...you have to admit though, it was pretty good and I would like to thank you for giving me the perfect oppurtunity to use that one! Gave you a good slap on the old thanks button just for it too...and to the mods I apologize for having a bit of fun and posting a Troll Bait thread but you have to admit, it's so freaking easy on here, and it's almost always the same ones! Man it's like shooting fish in a barrel!! Now if you dont mind since it appears to be the accepted norm around here...I'm gonna go be an ass in someone else's thread. :angel:
    I think the question has been answered, lets let this thread die a natural death. Glad the OP got an answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone