Safe to Debloat S6 Threads

wasthewad

Nov 22, 2016
Hi. I have a Galaxy J7 2016 and I think I disabled a package that resulted in the absence of haptic feedback settings in settings menu. Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

The..King

Dec 2, 2016
but the phone will crash and never restart when i try to remove the following apps:
Briefing
Dictionary
Drive
Many months late replying to this thread, but I know that 'Dictionary' is definitely the culprit. I don't know if 'Briefing' also causes the same issue, but I know that uninstalling 'Drive' causes no issue.

The minute I removed dictionary - same thing happened to me. (Ironically, it can be 'disabled' in the apps manager even without root, but uninstalling it screws the phone.)

And for the other reply you got, it would be great to 'freeze' the app instead and then test it, but that's not possible with the unpaid (non donated) version.

Still haven't found a definitive list for the S6 "safe to remove" apps...

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Many months late replying to this thread, but I know that 'Dictionary' is definitely the culprit. I don't know if 'Briefing' also causes the same issue, but I know that uninstalling 'Drive' causes no issue.

The minute I removed dictionary - same thing happened to me. (Ironically, it can be 'disabled' in the apps manager even without root, but uninstalling it screws the phone.)

And for the other reply you got, it would be great to 'freeze' the app instead and then test it, but that's not possible with the unpaid (non donated) version.

Still haven't found a definitive list for the S6 "safe to remove" apps...
I've been waiting on an official thread too, it's kind of shocking that one doesn't exist. Im on s5 neo but I've heard it's basically an s6 in an s5 shell so, the individual apps can't be that different

Sent from my SM-G903W using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Cuzeg Spiked

Oct 24, 2016
Is bootagent recommended to remove. It's basically called
com.ucs.agent.boot . I froze it and it's harmless but I noticed myself not getting anymore notifications which is never good mostly.

But if you like no notifications, sure, remove bootagent.

Edit: Yes it's bootagent that controls notifications. I tested with bootagent but the apps below I frozen and I get the notifications but when I froze bootagent, no push notifications or any kind as of now.

This list of frozen apps I found without much effect I found from Alexis ROM but could apply for any ROM

I also freezed/removed these apps and no harm done for now and no noticeable effects yet although one of those might have removed my ability to get notifications if i frozen but feel free to correct me if anyone's knowledgeable.

Are some of those system apps a good idea to freeze and what exactly do some of them do. I searched Google for every one of them, even bootagent but no answers so I discovered myself that bootagent is in charge of push notification:

AcDisplay (I know it's custom ROM feature but you can remove/freeze if you don't like it and no harm done).

AdAway (Harmless if you don't need this system app on custom ROM. I think it can be installed again on apk online after uninstalling this system app version).

Adapt Sound (I don't use the sound service apps from Samsung music but I do use Dolby Atmos and/ or ViperFX apps).

IMS Service (com.sec.imsservice).

IMS Settings

ImsLogger+

com.sec.ims

HwModule Test (com.sec.android.app.hwmoduletest). Basically this is testing screen but if you don't need it, it's fine to remove.

App Lock

Applemint

AppLinker

Automation Test

AudioConnectionService

ArkamysAudio

Adapt Sound

Bookmark Provider

CaptivePortalLogin

Certificate Installer

Some system clock apps (only if you use external alarm clock apps but generally no need). Harmless freeze/removal though as you will still have the ability to get alarms from other apps and tell the time on your phone.

CMHProvider

com.android.backupconfirm

com.android.managedprovisioning

com.android.sharedstoragebackup

com.samsung.dcmservice

com.samsung.enhanceservice

com.samsung.faceservice

com.samsung.hs20provider

com.samsung.ipservice

com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations

com.sec.app.TransmitPowerService

com.sec.bcservice

DCMProvider

DeviceKeyString

DeviceTest (what's this for?)

Documents (useless app imo if you have gallery)

Dual Clock (again optional but this might be widget)

EasyOneHand (if you don't like that feature of one handed mode)

EmergencyManagerService

EmergencyProvider (unsure whether I need to freeze them but no harms done and I think it's for the emergency mode).

Enterprise VPN Services (I disabled it but I cannot use VPN apps with it. But if you don't mind, it's optional t uninstall/freeze and no harm done to device)

Filter Installer

Filter Provider (I'm not exactly sure what these filter apps do but no harm done and installing as usual without problems)

Fused Location (I think it's used for Google maps and it's app but I think it's useless and I had no problems after removing it as I never use Google maps and location for a while).

Galaxy Apps (obvious for most)

Game Launcher (I don't like the app and the power saving mode seems to lag out my games when I tried it but it's optional. I only ever use game tools for screenshot reasons).

GameMode (don't need if I never use the power saving modes of game launcher and it's optimization service for games). It's also known as game optimization service or something like that.

GamePadService (I have yet to see any use for this apk but no problems without it).

Google Text-To-Speech Engine ( Don't need it but if you do, keep it).

Health Service

Highlight video Player

HTML Viewer (if you're not into html viewing but if you do want to look at html code, html viewer can be kept)

Input Devices (I don't know when that's useful)

Interaction Control

Key Chain

Launcher (S launcher totally optional to either keep or freeze/remove)

LogsProvider (guessing it provides logs but if I never use, I freeze)

My Interests

Nfc Service (I never use NFC)

Ok Google enrollment (I don't use ok Google app)

I'm unsure about PacProcessor but I do want to uninstall it. I heard it doesn't do much . I'll have to test it first.

PopupuiReciever

Private Mode (The private Mode and app lock I don't need as better app lockers in Xposed Directory but if you do use these Samsung Private Mode and App Lock, you can use them).

SPlanner

Safety assistance

Safety Information

Samsung Account (I don't use Samsung Account and their browser/services)

Samsung Content Agent

SamsungPaymentFramework (I don't use Samsung pay)

Samsung Push Service (Useless if you don't use the Samsung ChatOn or some other app that need it)

Samsung Sans (font so uninstall can do no harm)

EUK (CoolEUK, CHOCOEUK , ROSEEUK are fonts and harmless to uninstall)

SapaMonitor

Screen Write , Air command and other S-Pen related apps if you don't like them. I don't know if S-Pen works on S6 but Alexis ROM had a feature where you could use S-Pen. My fingers didn't act like S-PEN but will the S-Pen work?

Screencast (probably the native recording app of Samsung and or Samsung but I use better recording apps)

Simple Sharing (who uses this? You can share just fine without this system apk)

Slow Motion

Smart capture

Smart Manager and it's related apks like it's SDK , framework, monitor. I absolutely think smart Manager is scam like clean master for clear RAM and no need to clear RAM tbh. Useless app.

SmartFaceService (I don't use this because it's waste of battery by wakelock and the screen is on a lot if I type or watch videos anyways).

SplitSoundService

Sound Picker

SysScope (waste of battery bloatware and track you)

Tags (don't use NFC and whatever tags is used for)

Tasks provider (I don't see this being used but how does one use this)

TetheringAutomation (I think it's used for WiFi or Bluetooth tethering but I don't use this. If you do need to tether, then that's fine)

Theme Store (If you don't use themes except default)

Tinker (it's a font so not a problem uninstall)

Toolbox (I tried this from Custom ROM but I don't like it)

Edge apps (I tried the edge features but I just don't like them so I either uninstall/freeze or reflash custom ROM so s6 doesn't get edge feature but it's cool that I can get edge features on my S6).

TouchWiz Home (I use Nova launcher and other launcher so no need for this launcher so it's not a problem freezing/uninstalling but if you do use TouchWiz launcher, keep it).

UcsPinPad (I don't see how this be used but i had no problem without it)

UIBCVirtualSoftKey (I don't see when this is used so I had no problems without it)

UrgentFWUpdateNfc (I don't use NFC but i guess its somehow important)

User Dictionary (no problems uninstalling).

VideoTrim (I don't see video trim features on S6 so I use external video trim apps like VidTrim)

Virtual tour

Voice Assistant (don't need it but if you may need it , keep it)

VpnDialogs (I can still use VPN without this app no problems)

Wallpapers app (freeze to see if you need this app for wallpaper. If you can still add wallpaper just fine, then no problem uninstall).

Weather app from system (I don't use them) .

Video Player and/or Samsung Music Player (If i don't like them and find better external apps and one I use is VLC which is video+music player)

Gallery (freeze/uninstall gallery if you prefer external gallery apps but if you only use system gallery, keep this app)

This concludes the list of system apps I froze and can still use my device daily without any issues. But correct me if I'm wrong and if any apps need to be unfrozen or reinstalled. I can reinstall due to Titanium backups.

Cuzeg Spiked

Oct 24, 2016
That list I made is safe to freeze/uninstall but maybe one of them might be something that controls Google updating so maybe I may not be able to update apps at Google play. I can download apps though. I'm not 100% sure though.
Or maybe it's a wakelock from Google Play Services that controls the Google Play update service. But if I can still update just fine even with the whole list of frozen apps I shown, then that's awesome!

Edit: I can still update on Google Play just fine even with my list of the apps I Frozen/uninstalled no problems after waiting for the updates. My doubts are over. Also PacProcessor is a harmless uninstall so great!

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

heres some others i noticed you didnt have that ive disabled without any problems

3DTourViewer
Basic Daydreams
Calendar Storage
ChocoEUKor
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
com.samsung.android.visualeffect.res
com.sec.android.app.minimode.res
CoolEUKor
DT Ignite
Favorite Contacts
RoseEUKor
S Beam
Samsung Account
Samsung Galaxy
Samsung Link Platform Connectivity
Samsung Updates
SamsungSans
Setup Wizard
SVF
Swype
Tags
Task Provider
Theme Store
User Dictionary

This a good list but if people do use Google calendar or some other Calendar, it may mess up the Calender app or make a lot of them unusable. I had that problem when I Frozen/uninstalled Calendar Storage or even simply Greenify it.
Still if you don't use calendar apps, then calendar storage isn't a problem to uninstall/freeze. Overall great list.

Last edited:

Stacyj

Jun 3, 2017
A bbc debugger keeps comong on and email and weather and i dont know why!?! My system logs say most of my apps are fake nd I have a call listener none of which I understand

RCALL

Jul 29, 2013
FL
S6-Active (7.0.1) Disabled App List 01/2018

The following list are Apps "Disabled" using Adhell-2's Package Disabler function. The resultant configuration allows for Dependable, Fast, Battery-Efficient, and Error-Free operation of this *almost Perfect android device.

* As of this writing, I have not found a method for attaining Administrative Access (No SU or Unlocked Bootloader?)

Attachments