• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Safest way to flash with MiFlash Tool (Unlocked Bootloader Users)

Search This thread

mhocine47

Aug 19, 2018
Laghouat
When always you download a fastboot firmware from the official site (the fastboot method) you need to do these steps in order not to soft brick your mobile by forgeting to switch from "clean all and lock" to "clean all" by default
1)- download the fasboot firmware of your device .
2)- remove the files that is mentioned in photos 👇 .
therefore we don't want that mistake to happen
i hope that i helped you guys ☺️ with my little tip that might save someone new to flashing

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
When always you download a fastboot firmware from the official site (the fastboot method) you need to do these steps in order not to soft brick your mobile by forgeting to switch from "clean all and lock" to "clean all" by default
2)- remove the files that is mentioned it photos. so that when you open the app , it won't select "clean all and lock" by default
i hope that i helped you guys
very good tip. thanks for sharing!

can also move the clean all and lock files to another location. so just in case if relocking of bootloader is required, can just move the files back

Last edited:

kaczorcuchnie

May 7, 2021
i used clean all and lock without problem, is this tip for specific variants of poco phones?
you mean relock later in fastboot mode?
why?

mhocine47

Aug 19, 2018
Laghouat
i used clean all and lock without problem, is this tip for specific variants of poco phones?
you mean relock later in fastboot mode?
why?
if you use it with diffrent rom like the chinese rom of the redmi k40 it will softbrick your mobile , i don't advise you to do so
but for the stock phone (original poco rom ) you can choose the option "clean flash and lock" because it will contain the original firmware like the one was locked with , so no harm

mhocine47

Aug 19, 2018
Laghouat
will it work on global f3 ? and is this best option for not brick global f3 ?
* first you need to unlock bootloader (this is the first safe step to do) .
* then flash your rom without locking you bootloader (because it will lead to bootloop and soft brick your mobile when trying to flash diffrent rom other than you official rom ) .
* the most important thing is the correct driver to flash .

kaczorcuchnie

May 7, 2021
if you use it with diffrent rom like the chinese rom of the redmi k40 it will softbrick your mobile , i don't advise you to do so
but for the stock phone (original poco rom ) you can choose the option "clean flash and lock" because it will contain the original firmware like the one was locked with , so no harm

well on poco x3 nfc forum people claim flashing indonesian over global with flash and lock is problem free but thank you for your insight

Reactions: mhocine47

msm1965

Oct 10, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F3
2)- remove the files that is mentioned in photos 👇.
i hope that i helped you guys ☺️ with my little tip that might save someone new to flashing
I have RKHEUXM and if I flash the Global Indian RKHINXM version, will I have some features like call recording? Secondly will I need to unlock the bootloader?
cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2)- remove the files that is mentioned in photos 👇 .
    2)- remove the files that is mentioned it photos. so that when you open the app , it won't select "clean all and lock" by default
    i hope that i helped you guys
    very good tip. thanks for sharing!

can also move the clean all and lock files to another location. so just in case if relocking of bootloader is required, can just move the files back

well on poco x3 nfc forum people claim flashing indonesian over global with flash and lock is problem free but thank you for your insight