• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Safestrap Flashable HDX Stock Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hello guys, I have a Thor now running Nexus Rom V4.0.5 by ggow and want to back to solid stock firmware, can I flash this safetrap flashable zip and update ota to make my Thor be stock everything???
Likely not as OTA updates probably won't work. So you would be stuck on an old FireOS build. There are historical posts scattered in various threads that discuss attempts to reenable OTA; as I recall most were unsuccessful.

Restoring FireOS also restores the soft brick liability - although there's now a somewhat ugly workaround for that.

You should consider unlocking the bootloader (not especially difficult) and updating to a contemporary ROM. Overall experience will be far superior to FireOS v4 and a nice bump from legacy Nexus.

Reactions: tuanshungf

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I think it would better for this device if we are running Android Go, hope someone here can do it in someday :D
I think not given the hardware specs of this device far exceed those targeted by Android GO (discussion). Real world performance with a custom ROM exceeds most budget and even some contemporary mid-range devices despite being a 5 year old design. GPU is the weakest link; nothing can be done about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INCORRECT USE OF THESE FILES WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    PLEASE ENSURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG

Here you can find stock firmware for both thor and apollo devices which are safestrap flashable.

Please note the following:
    - These updates do NOT flash a new kernel or recovery - only a new /system image
    - Before flashing ensure you know which stock base/kernel/safestrap you have installed and choose the appropriate version for that stock base/kernel.
    - Do NOT use these images to downgrade or upgrade your base firmware.

I will be uploading them as and when I have time.

Thor Images:
    - 13.3.1.0 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.2
    - 13.3.2.6 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.5

*** THESE ONES DO NOT HAVE ROOT OR BLOCK UPDATES ***
    - 13.4.5.2 <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

Apollo Images:
    - 14.3.1.0 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.2
    - 14.3.2.6 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.5

*** THESE ONES DO NOT HAVE ROOT OR BLOCK UPDATES ***

- 14.3.2.8 <- Flashable on Safestrap v3.7.5
    - 14.4.5.2 <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

If you want to re-enable over the air updates then do the following:
    - Skip this if you are using the 4.5.2 files - As stated above this does not apply so be careful.
    - rename /system/etc/security/otacert.old to otacert.zip
    - rename /system/app/com.amazon.dcp.old to com.amazon.dcp.apk
    @jimyv
    @Davey126

I have updated the OP with a Safestrap Flashable 14.3.2.8
    ggow, i flashed ss_update-kindle-13.4.5.2_user_452004120.zip and it seems it has the /system/etc/security/otacert.zip.orig file. Do you think this is intentional ?

When updating, its 100% then it says update failed and restarts again the download process.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Ok, definitely this was the issue.

Rooted, renamed to .zip, unrooted. Let it OTA and now successfully updated to 4.5.5.

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app
    Can you make a 13.3.2.1 Stock Image? Just incase if i loose my TWRP backup(s) I can restore.
    Seriously? You expect someone here to create and post a stock image to just cover your behind?

There are tons of links to 13.3.x.x images (<13.3.2.4) in the forums. If you trash your system you can start with one of those and roll up. Better idea is to copy your backups to another media and store them somewhere safe. Cloud is a better idea.
    Hey @ggow, would it be possible for you to release a rooted 14.3.2.6?

Hi _Alex_,
    Sorry about the long wait, I have posted a zip for 14.3.2.6. See OP.