SafetyNet (Magisk/EdXposed) Tests Failing After Supposed Server-Side Changes

Search This thread

tech_head

I've switched to the canary edxposed and it still is half and half passing, I can check and it passes and then check again and it doesn't. It's got to be something Google did on their end.

And I haven't been able to get Android pay working since

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Same here.
I've stopped using EdXposed for now.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
What modules are you guys running? On magisk and edxposed.

I'm only running adaway systemless host, edxposed, and in edxposed XPL only and I'm consistently passing safetynet

Edje

Nov 14, 2014
Passing here with Magisk 20.4 and Edxposed canary (4547). I even have xPrivacyLua running properly alongside snapchat and pokemongo, no problems.

Occasionally Magisk reports that safety net isn't passing, but it usually then reports a failure accessing the API to check. If I give it a few seconds it begins passing again. If you are having trouble with either snapchat or pokemon go, I would highly suggest using Storage Isolator with Riru's enhanced mode magisk module.

Reactions: Josh McGrath

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Safetynet just now fails period. just with magisk now installed on OP7 pro.

Yup failing here also and was passing yesterday

Edit:. And without changing anything at all, a few hours later, passes fully yet again.

Edit 2: maybe it's a magisk issue because I keep going back from pass to fail pass to fail on back to back tests ten times. "Safety net api failure"

Last edited:

nousernamesorry

Feb 15, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I might have figured this problem, let me know if it helps you pass safetynet too as it did work on my device ( OP6T ):
Install everything just as the above steps,
-config magiskhide, install the fingerprints
-Install riru etc, install the canary version of sandhook
-put in airplane mode as soon as you reboot
-enable applist and blacklist google framework and services and playstore (also assuming you have done hidden these in magisk too)
-clear data from services, framework, playstore
- open playstore and check if youre logged in and its working
- Go check safetynet
Gpay is working for me flawlessly

As of april 25 this solution seems to work for me.

D

Deleted member 6313649

I might have figured this problem, let me know if it helps you pass safetynet too as it did work on my device ( OP6T ):
-enable applist and blacklist google framework and services and playstore (also assuming you have done hidden these in magisk too)
- Go check safetynet

Was having the same issue on my Samsung s7, did everything as suggested worked perfectly. SafetyNet now passes. Thanks

dipleg

Jan 15, 2020
- Go check safetynet

Great post, love your run-through, sounds bulletproof! :cool:

TuRDMaN

Dec 9, 2005
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Go check safetynet

Thanks for this. I had forgotten to enable the Applist in EdXposed. Now I pass SafetyNet. But... I still can't log in to Snapchat :(

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
- Go check safetynet

this solution worked for me for the past few weeks and I was able to play mario kart tour with edxposed installed. yesterday when i launched mario kart tour the error code for safetynet failing was displayed. i clean flashed 3 times now and tried every combination of enabling flight mode prior installing or after installing edxposed but it seems to be not working anymore. safetynet is failing for me permanently since of april 27 after rebooting with anything related to edxposed installed even with blacklisting enabled. I will try to clean flash the phone a few times more, because last time when safetynet failed with flight mode enabled before rebooting, i managed to get it working again after i clean flashed a few times.

Hirs_E_Fruit

Aug 9, 2015
this solution worked for me for the past few weeks and I was able to play mario kart tour with edxposed installed. yesterday when i launched mario kart tour the error code for safetynet failing was displayed. i clean flashed 3 times now and tried every combination of enabling flight mode prior installing or after installing edxposed but it seems to be not working anymore. safetynet is failing for me permanently since of april 27 after rebooting with anything related to edxposed installed even with blacklisting enabled. I will try to clean flash the phone a few times more, because last time when safetynet failed with flight mode enabled before rebooting, i managed to get it working again after i clean flashed a few times.

Its Riru Core who is now failing, you dont need to try more clean flashs!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the Canary Version v0.4.6.3 (4536) of EdXposed and SafetyNet wont fail anmyore.
    This is what did to pass safteynet with EdXposed using OnePlus 7 Pro OOS 10.3.3 GM21AA

Instructions:
    Make sure to have latest Magisk

1. Install EdXposed Manager 4.5.7 (may ask you to uninstall any other EdXposed Manager)
    ===> a. Open EdXposed Manager (Will show Framework is not installed)
    ===> b. Go to settings > Enable App List Mode and Enable Pass SafteyNet (Google Services and Google Framework will be chcked)

2. Install Riru Core v21.2 via Magisk Module

3. Install EdXposed SandHook v0.4.6.3 via Magisk Module

4. Clear Data on Google Play, Google services and Google Framework. (You may be able to just clear cache, but I cleared data on all)

5. Reboot... Check EdXposed to see if Framework is working. Check SafteyNet via Magisk (may show fail at first but refresh magisk and try again)
    ===> a. You may need to add Google junk to Magisk Hide.

Downloads
    - Go check safetynet

Here's how you get it to work:

1. Download and install Magisk and in the settings enable "Magisk hide." Close the app and open it again (additionally, ensure that you fc'd Play store and Gpay.)

2. You should now have a Magisk hide tab, open it and hitting the three dots, check "Show System Apps." Enable Magisk hide for the following:
    -Gplay services
    -Glplay Store
    -Gpay App
    -NFC Services (if there are two, both of them.)

3. Download and install the following Modules : "BusyBox for Android NDK" and "Magiskhide Props Config." Reboot after installation.

4. This next step requires terminal emulation, so which ever one you prefer (I use termux) will do it. Open your terminal and type:
    -"su" grant it root
    -"props"

5. A menu will pop up, choose "Edit device fingerprint" then "Choose certified fingerprint." From here, you choose your make of your phone, model and OS version. Once that is done, it gives the option to reboot, do it.

6. Going back to Magisk, test to see if you pass safetynet and CTS, and if you did everything correctly, you should be able to use Gpay.
    Hello, I have Installed Lineage OS from the start, then installed riru+exposed from the magisk downloads, then safetynet failed. Now, even uninstalling exposed, safetynet still fails. Any way to 'reset' the safetynet to work again ? The exposed is uninstalled and it still fails

I've tried also to install the version you mentioned from here:
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ElderDrivers/edxposed/builds/31948274/artifacts
    BUT the problem persists !

I'm using the stock OS 10.3.2 and running a custom kernel with EdXposed and GravityBox.
    No issues passing SafetyNet.

Once you fail SafetyNet, you need to stop GoogleServices and clear the cache.
    Then reboot. Just changing the state of the phone isn't enough it needs to rebuild the cache data once you fail.