"Sahara communication error" on Msmdownload tool with Hard bricked Oneplus 6T locked bootloader with custom rom (allowed on DivestOs)

Search This thread

ASPi-3

Sep 30, 2022
Hi,
As in the title i've tried to install DivestOs and everything was fine until the relocking of the bootloader (very likely skipped a step).

Now i'm trying to use Msmdownload tool to flash stock rom and reflash DivestOs after that. My hardware is a laptop with usb 3.0 ports OS: Fedora 36 (which i used to flash divestos) and a windows 10 VM ( i use this for msmdownload tool). The phone error says "your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot".

But i continue to get the "sahara communication error", i tried to follow guides and tutorials but it doesn't work. I tried to reinstall qualcomm, oneplus drivers, Windows 10 VM and i also tried the volume up (+) and power button trick. I also tried different msmdownload tool for oneplus 6T. Is there a solution or should i just bring it to a repair shop? Is there a linux msmdownload tool alternative?

Thanks for any help

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
divested.dev
Have you tried simply unlocking it first? The unlock ability won't go away once locked.

As for flashing via VM, it works, but you need to pass a USB host controller into the VM as there are multiple VID/PID pairs used for EDL.

ASPi-3

Sep 30, 2022
Hi, thanks for answering, i tried to just unlock it as said on the official site,( i also asked the dev that created the rom). So i should find the drivers for usb controller for windows? Thanks again