Sailfish for the HTC Desire HD

Search This thread

PiggZ

Apr 2, 2007
I'm sure,I have wiped data,cache and all the data except the SD,then installed the Sailfish,I used the CM11.

As I said, Install CM10.1 SR3 and try again. It uses some of the files from 10.1 and I think 11 has a different graphics stack.
Then install the Sailfish .zip over the top.

If you use 4ext touch recovery it should say if the install is successful

And if it still doesnt work, you can 'adb shell' from recovery and navigate to /data/.stowaways/sailfish and look in init.log

Just be aware that this is developer centric..

Cheers

admet615

Sep 28, 2012
impressive OS

As I said, Install CM10.1 SR3 and try again. It uses some of the files from 10.1 and I think 11 has a different graphics stack.
Then install the Sailfish .zip over the top.

If you use 4ext touch recovery it should say if the install is successful

And if it still doesnt work, you can 'adb shell' from recovery and navigate to /data/.stowaways/sailfish and look in init.log

Just be aware that this is developer centric..

Cheers
Thank you man,It's a impressive OS,wish you bring new life to DHD..

cypy_21

Feb 19, 2010
ok....i installed the latest build of this rom (pgz4)....i like it.
i found the following:
- UI is nice and smooth, sometimes a little laggy but nothing to bad
- camera is not working( the app opens but with black image)
- sound does not work( to be honest i didn`t tried the fix from the first post)
- cellular network is working in terms of SMS
- keyboard creates all sorts of graphic artefacts, and also the graphics are sometimes a bit crippled

I`m verry currious what the next builds will bring, if you need testers i can be one of them.

Feb 5, 2011
montigny le bx 78
hello piggz i would like to know if you are the author of this port because in this case i would like to ask some questions i would like to use your zip to make a portage on an other machine
i suppose that we must keep the android modules of the target machine that my first question
i have already begin to analyze the zip
thank you for your future advices

PiggZ

Apr 2, 2007
hello piggz i would like to know if you are the author of this port because in this case i would like to ask some questions i would like to use your zip to make a portage on an other machine
i suppose that we must keep the android modules of the target machine that my first question
i have already begin to analyze the zip
thank you for your future advices

Yes im the author

I wouldnt use the .zip. Just follow the instructions in the hadk, http://bit.ly/hadk-doc-rev2

You will often find me in #sailfishos-porters on freenode if you use IRC

Adam

Feb 5, 2011
montigny le bx 78
thanks a lot adam this document seems to be very usefull for the moment i have untar and uncompress sailfish....tar.bz2 on a USB and i can use it as i do with several linux see http://jeanmichel.gens.free.fr/etc/install
( use of linux in concert with android )
i have one first question i will go on IRC later i cant add package with zypper may be repositories not updated
i am a bit sad to not find wget ...
i keep you informed

Feb 5, 2011
montigny le bx 78
ok curl can replace wget
i have also a debian linux on my sdcard ( lenovo A10 has 2 USB + a micro sdcard )
i have copied some binaries from debian to sailfish partition it works i.e nano
systemd still not started and wayland too
can you send me a "ps -ef f >file " listing made on your HTC
and send file on my email or attached in the forum
thanks

PiggZ

Apr 2, 2007
Progress update

Small progress update. I built an image with sailfish os 1.1.1.27. It works but has a bug which currently requires manual intervention. An update to the MCE component stops the touchscreen working, so its config currently needs manually edited to disable the proximity sensor plugin.

When i get it figured out i'll post an updated image.

I may also try and rebase the kernel against the latest from the OpnDesireProject

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Small progress update. I built an image with sailfish os 1.1.1.27. It works but has a bug which currently requires manual intervention. An update to the MCE component stops the touchscreen working, so its config currently needs manually edited to disable the proximity sensor plugin.

I may also try and rebase the kernel against the latest from the OpnDesireProject
@PiggZ Nice project u got there, it pains me that I never had the chance to test sail fish when I owned a DHD.
I was wondering if u could fire up a build for the Motorola Droid RAZR XT912??

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

PiggZ

Apr 2, 2007
@PiggZ Nice project u got there, it pains me that I never had the chance to test sail fish when I owned a DHD.
I was wondering if u could fire up a build for the Motorola Droid RAZR XT912??

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry, its time consuming enough building for a device I have, let alone one I dont!

You could give it a go yourself though. The only requirement is that CM10.1 is installable on the device. Then you 'just' follow the guide (after reading it thoroughly!) http://bit.ly/hadk-doc-rev2

Reactions: mickeyasamoah

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
kowofa.me
New version pgz5 is available. The only change is that it is now based on Sailfish version 1.1.1.27 (which is a big enough change in itself) but there are no major device changes.

Thanks for your effort on sailfish for our device, but could you possibly build based on CM11 or even if possible CM12 ;) , (in that way it could be easier for more people to flash, test and stay on it) CM10 is quiet obsolete and people actually find it difficult or hard to flash CM10 just because they want to try Sailfish.

PiggZ

Apr 2, 2007
Fix for current version

If you notice, in the current version there is issues regarding transitions and animations in Qt applications.

This can be fixed by opening a terminal as root and
ssu ar qtfix http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/qtfix/sailfish_1.1.1.27_armv7hl
zypper ref qtfix
zypper dup --from=qtfix
ssu rr qtfix
systemctl-user restart lipstick

This will update the version of Qt used to one slightly newer that in the stable sailfish.

I'll create an image that contains this at some point.

asim.sidz

If you notice, in the current version there is issues regarding transitions and animations in Qt applications.

This can be fixed by opening a terminal as root and
ssu ar qtfix http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/qtfix/sailfish_1.1.1.27_armv7hl
zypper ref qtfix
zypper dup --from=qtfix
ssu rr qtfix
systemctl-user restart lipstick

This will update the version of Qt used to one slightly newer that in the stable sailfish.

I'll create an image that contains this at some point.

Awesome project! Eagerly waiting for more development and improvements!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sailfish OS for the HTC Desire HD

Announcing Sailfish for the HTC Desire HD

What is Sailfish?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS

This is not Android!
    This should be thought of as a development experiment. It may be useful if you are a developer and want to write/port apps the the Sailfish operating system. It is not an end-user product, however, if you wish to experiment and try something different then feel free!
    Please do not contact Jolla Care or Jolla Developer Care, as this is not the Jolla phone

Video
    Special Thanks
    To Mustaavalkosta for the CM11 kernel and answering my queries via Google Hangouts!
    The sailfishos porters in #sailfishos-porters on freenode

Installation
    Make sure you have an up-to-date recovery. I used 4ext touch. Philz recovery doesnt have the required tar command.
    Format/wipe etc
    For version < pgz11 Install the latest CM10.1 and make sure it works
    For pgz11 onwards Install CM 12.1 nightly 20120131 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-hd/development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-1-nightlies-t3070621
    Copy the .zip to the SDCard and install it. The installation script take a little time.

First Run
    On first run you are presented with a language selection, after this time you should be presented with the first-run wizard. Complete as much as possible, but dont try and create a Jolla account as there wont be a network connection (unless you have inserted a sim and by chance it works, I havnt tested that). To get out of the wizard, scroll down because the 'skip' link is off the bottom of the screen.

Hardware Status
    https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

Bugs
    Lots
    Several major graphical bugs, such as the keyboard struggling to show and corruption in the windows of minimized apps. This is probably down the the kernel hack I made to get apps to load. (no longer true as of pgz11)
    Cellular network is pretty unusable. No audio input! (fixed in pgz13)
    Proximity sensor is not working and blanks the screen (note, progress has been made on this)
    Mobile data is not working (being worked on) (fixed in pgz13)

Notes

Downloads
    Version pgz1
    Version pgz2
    Version pgz3
    Version pgz4
    Version pgz5
    Version pgz11
    Version pgz12
    Version pgz13

History
    pgz1:
    Initial Version
    pgz2 (11-Oct-2014):
    Fixed sound (output only, see notes)
    Fixed developer options in settings
    Added some extra programs (including the open source app store and my own game ;)
    First boot works without restart

pgz3 (22-Oct-2014)
    Connects to Cellular network (see bugs)
    Fixed usb-networking in the release build
    Tweaked boot to remove root access/debug mode

pgz4 (28-Oct-2014)
    Based on the new Sailfish 1.1.0.39
    Fixed some init bugs

pgz5 (11-Jan-2015)
    Based on new Sailfish 1.1.1.27
    Disabled Proximity Sensor until MCE is fixed

pgz11 (4-Feb-2016)
    Based on Sailfish 2.0.1.7 and CM12.1
    New video drivers
    Better all-round

pgz12 (7-Fen-2016)
    Fixed sensors
    Fixes sound
    Updated ofono but no mobile network yet

pgz13 (14-Feb-2016)
    Calls work
    Mobile data works
    Reliability not guaranteed!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sailfish, ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    PiggZ, piggz
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2014-09-19
    Last Updated 2014-09-19
    Progress update

Version pgz4 is out now.
    Based on the new sailfish 1.1.0.39, other than that there is nothing much new as far as the ACE is concerned, apart from fixing some init bugs.

Some progress has been made with the prox sensor, so that should be fixed in the next version.
    Enjoy!
    maybe you should contact @PiggZ as he left without notice.

No im here, and with news!

I hit a major road-block with sfos on the ACE....the graphics drivers would not work reliably, and didnt work at all with sfos 2. Now however, @Mustaavalkosta has updated CM12.1 to use new adreno drivers, and it helps sfos!

I dont have time this evening to post more info and downloads, but https://twitter.com/adampigg/status/695001435889614848

That is sfos 2.0.1.7, without any kernel hacks to get apps to work. i need to polish it up a little and i will post a download.

Adam
    Sound is working

Good news peeps, I got sound output working! A new rom will follow in a few days :)

Ive been using this for the last weeks to allo developing sailfish applications, and for that purpose it is working just fine. Ive not attempted to get the mobile network up yet, but i'll make some enquiries.