Sailfish for Xc

Search This thread

eswaran00

May 11, 2021
Update 9/7/18 - Now possible to have full Xperia X official version support on XC, including Android apps and OTA update. See post by g7 in this thread in Jolla forum - https://together.jolla.com/question/185922/sailfish-os-on-sony-xperia-x-compact/

Requires official Sailfish X system image,, which can only legally be obtained from Jolla by buying a licence for 50 Euros. Once you have the image, download and unzip g7's patcher, and copy image to same folder and run the patcher.. Then fastboot the rom using the same instructions as for the community port below.

--------------------------------------
Here is the info for community port, (v. 2.1.3.7, no license required, no official Android support, no ota):

Check it out - https://together.jolla.com/question/180109/announcement-community-sony-xperia-x-compact-release/

Not my work, I just found it. I downloaded, but won't be able to test until tomorrow. It's not a flashable, instructions to flash via fastboot are included in the zip.
If anyone beats me to it, post here and let us know...

Flashed successfully and working well. Auto flash didn't work for me on Win10. I had to make a modification to bat script, and didn't work anyway, so had to flash fastboot commands manually.

Working: cellular, wifi, mobile data, gps, bluetooth, sensors... Call volume is good.

- Download zip from link above and extract
- Download oem image from Sony site linked in README file in zip, and extract to sailfish folder
- Open cmd, and cd to sailfish directory to flash
Code:
fastboot flash boot hybris-boot.img
fastboot flash system fimage.img001
fastboot flash userdata sailfish.img001
fastboot flash oem (name of Sony oem file).img

Done

So far my experience:
Very impressive. Much better than the Firefox OS and Ubuntu touch ports, etc, that I've tried on Xperias in the past. Main issues for me are,
- camera not so good in low light, (good in good light)
- limited system app options, (alternative browsers, keyboards, etc.). There is functiining Jolla app store, with some good apps, as well as dev-type repos, like warehouse, and openrepo, with patches, etc, but I find the system apps kind of laggy/buggy. Hopefully more development coming
- app switching/multitasking cumbrersome. In general, don't expect anything like android. It's all gestures and no buttons. Probably actually better than I realize, but takes getting used to.

pros,

- Really nice ui, and lots of customization options. I've just started figuring out a little bit.
- boot time is less than 10 seconds, (about 2 or 3 seconds after Sony logo).
- good experience so far with support forums
- potentially capable of using android apps. Sailfish has a service called aliendalvik that can run Android apps. I can't tell yet if it works on this phone, though. It seems like it doesn't, out of the box, but maybe could... (update 5/24 - see here for working Android files: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76612066&postcount=71).
the community version linked is not working... can u send me the link to the community version plss??

eswaran00

May 11, 2021
the community version link is not working, can someone send me the link to the community version of sailfish os files?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 9/7/18 - Now possible to have full Xperia X official version support on XC, including Android apps and OTA update. See post by g7 in this thread in Jolla forum - https://together.jolla.com/question/185922/sailfish-os-on-sony-xperia-x-compact/

Requires official Sailfish X system image,, which can only legally be obtained from Jolla by buying a licence for 50 Euros. Once you have the image, download and unzip g7's patcher, and copy image to same folder and run the patcher.. Then fastboot the rom using the same instructions as for the community port below.

--------------------------------------
    Here is the info for community port, (v. 2.1.3.7, no license required, no official Android support, no ota):

Check it out - https://together.jolla.com/question/180109/announcement-community-sony-xperia-x-compact-release/

Not my work, I just found it. I downloaded, but won't be able to test until tomorrow. It's not a flashable, instructions to flash via fastboot are included in the zip.
    If anyone beats me to it, post here and let us know...

Flashed successfully and working well. Auto flash didn't work for me on Win10. I had to make a modification to bat script, and didn't work anyway, so had to flash fastboot commands manually.

Working: cellular, wifi, mobile data, gps, bluetooth, sensors... Call volume is good.

- Download zip from link above and extract
    - Download oem image from Sony site linked in README file in zip, and extract to sailfish folder
    - Open cmd, and cd to sailfish directory to flash
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot hybris-boot.img
    fastboot flash system fimage.img001
    fastboot flash userdata sailfish.img001
    fastboot flash oem (name of Sony oem file).img

Done

So far my experience:
    Very impressive. Much better than the Firefox OS and Ubuntu touch ports, etc, that I've tried on Xperias in the past. Main issues for me are,
    - camera not so good in low light, (good in good light)
    - limited system app options, (alternative browsers, keyboards, etc.). There is functiining Jolla app store, with some good apps, as well as dev-type repos, like warehouse, and openrepo, with patches, etc, but I find the system apps kind of laggy/buggy. Hopefully more development coming
    - app switching/multitasking cumbrersome. In general, don't expect anything like android. It's all gestures and no buttons. Probably actually better than I realize, but takes getting used to.

pros,

- Really nice ui, and lots of customization options. I've just started figuring out a little bit.
    - boot time is less than 10 seconds, (about 2 or 3 seconds after Sony logo).
    - good experience so far with support forums
    - potentially capable of using android apps. Sailfish has a service called aliendalvik that can run Android apps. I can't tell yet if it works on this phone, though. It seems like it doesn't, out of the box, but maybe could... (update 5/24 - see here for working Android files: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76612066&postcount=71).
    Whitc oem you are using? Loire 4.4 kernel or 3.4?

Inviato dal mio D6603 utilizzando Tapatalk
    I used "SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_N_MR1_3.10_v13_loire", coming from clean flash 8.0, (not the latest version, but the previous update, [Feb. patch]).
    I'm running sailfish on my XC now, I really like it, I would keep it if I could get a usable maps app like HERE WeGo or google maps. One issue I had during install was that the link sony software binaries in the "readme" file supplied by jolla only provides up to version 12 (it clearly reads that v13 is needed). I did a search of what levone1 used from post 18 to get the right .zip drive. Booted right up on the second try.

Android map apps work great. I prefer Satstat or OSMAnd from Forbid, but Gmaps works too. Follow the post a few back, (#71), to get Android support and MicroG...
    Success flashed script on ubuntu but for app android?

Inviato dal mio D6603 utilizzando Tapatalk

Files for Android support are paid, and not officially supported for Xc, so I don't think you can get them even if you want to pay, and you also can't legally pass them around. What you're looking for are some 'rpm' files. Names are:

aliendalvik-1.0.80-1.armv7hl.rpm
    apkd-0.7.28-10.36.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
    apkd-android-settings-0.7.28-10.36.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
    apkd-config-default-0.7.28-10.36.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
    libqapk-0.4.7-10.9.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
    quazip-0.5.1-1.1.9.armv7hl.rpm

I don't think you need all of them, (actually I think some might not even install), but they're probably all archived togerher...
    Still works like a charm, Sailfish 3.2.1.20 with android support on an x compact.
    - 4G is good
    - Wifi is not very strong
    - camera is as expected (so, not very well but thats a hardware problem)
    - call quality is good
    - Bluetooth is also ok
    - compass is ok

Depending on your usage it is totaly possible as daily driver, but that's also depending on what apps you need to rely on.
    If you are new to Sailfish, I recommend to check out openrepos.net.