Be aware it has a lot of bugs, can break your device and it's not ready for daily usage.
First sailfish os for allwinner A31 based tablet: FreeTab 8014 (pcb1.7 firmware files). With little effort it can be probably used on any A31 based device. Sources and patches are based on a31_v4.5_hummingbird_kfb_ok.
- To control volume use 3 fingers gesture (unreliable)
- Battery level stuck sometimes at different levels
- Jolla store is not enabled
- Whole first boot wizard might not work at first boot so if you have any issues with unlocking screen wait for a while and reboot. This is probably related to slow sdcard access and some systemd timeouts.
- Power down is slow
- Nested wayland compositor is unusably slow for unknown reason
- There is no hardware decoder support in browser in 188.8.131.52 v7 image
- When screen is off device is in deep sleep without wifi, hdmi or usb.
You can use this kernel + initramfs to boot debian/ubuntu also. If there is no sdcard or it's incorectly partitioned you can telnet to device, fix issues and continue:
- First you need to flash firmware with modified boot which will init from second partition on sdcard
- Then copy this image to sdcard (using dd or Etcher) and enjoy
telnet 192.168.2.15 23
Sailfish OS, ROM for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/elros34/freetab_8014
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Last Updated 2018-10-03