• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sailfish OS for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910C) - (treltexx)

Search This thread

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
I've uploaded the image for you. It is available at the Download section on the main page.
error 7 even with the assert line deleted
interesting that the v 3.3.0.16 was installed - but was sooooo slow
and could not manage to connect via wifi (maybe it's me as noob :)
so there's no difference between the update scripts in both versions 3 and 4 with the exception of the name of the tar (3.3.0.... and 4.1....)
also, why did you insert the boot.img (I believe it's the kernel) twice in the zip? once is standalone hybris img and then also in the sailfish tar? no criticism at all, I'm interested to learn
thanks

Attachments

• 20210923_164346[1].jpg
    20210923_164346[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

edp17

Dec 9, 2019
so there's no difference between the update scripts in both versions 3 and 4 with the exception of the name of the tar (3.3.0.... and 4.1....)
also, why did you insert the boot.img (I believe it's the kernel) twice in the zip? once is standalone hybris img and then also in the sailfish tar? no criticism at all, I'm interested to learn
thanks
Assert line deleted? How do you mean this? Have you modified the content of .zip file?

What TWRP version did you use? On other devices I have got that error 7 when used a too old or too new version of TWRP. I use version 2.8.7.
The other question, have you flashed the LoS image first then (without rebooting) the SFOS?
I have not inserted the boot.img twice, this is how the process creates the installable .zip file. However, I have checked that zip file and there is a hybris-boot.img in there and there is no other in the .tar.bz2 file, so I am not sure where you did find it twice.
I recommend you to restore an backup and start over with formatting everything except the external SD card.

Reactions: w41ru5

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Assert line deleted? How do you mean this? Have you modified the content of .zip file?

What TWRP version did you use? On other devices I have got that error 7 when used a too old or too new version of TWRP. I use version 2.8.7.
The other question, have you flashed the LoS image first then (without rebooting) the SFOS?
I have not inserted the boot.img twice, this is how the process creates the installable .zip file. However, I have checked that zip file and there is a hybris-boot.img in there and there is no other in the .tar.bz2 file, so I am not sure where you did find it twice.
I recommend you to restore an backup and start over with formatting everything except the external SD card.
OK, will try again.
TWRP is the latest, 3.5.2.9, but it was my intention to get 2.8.7.
Normally error 7 is from not recognizing the correct device from build prop.
About the hybris img, check the pictures.
It seems that the installation is OK on version 3, version 4 I couldn't install.
After installing v3 and setup, I've connected to internet via Wi-Fi, all ok, but couldn't create a Jolla account. I've created the account with another device, after that I've tried to connect with settings account etc in order to get the v4 via OTA, couldn't connect with existing account credentials. No connection message. Weird, since the browser works.
I'll try to install twrp 2.8.7 and give it a go as you said.
Thanks for your patience 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-123228_RAR.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-123228_RAR.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210924-122559_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-122559_ES File Explorer.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017

done, everything looks ok now
many, many thanks!

edp17

Dec 9, 2019
Waydroid on Galaxy Note4 (treltexx)

First of all a huge THANKS to Erfan Abdi who helped me to make this happen.

This instruction is for SFOS4.1! (I have not tried/tested on older releases)

Install Waydroid:
1. Download both the kernel and waydroid_for_treltexx20211014.tar.gz file and save them on an SD card in the Note4 (links are at the bottom)
2. Boot into TWRP, flash the kernel into Boot partition, then reboot into SFOS
3. Start a root session
4. Extract the data from the waydroid_for_treltexx20211014.tar.gz
5. Copy all files from the extracted folder into the system (if a folder doesn't exist, create that)
6. As user, enable the waydroid-sensor service: systemctl --user enable waydroid-sensors
7. Reboot

Start Waydroid:
- Tap on the Waydroid icon on your desktop

Limitations (just a few):
- Camera, GPS, BT don't work within Waydroid (there are is down to the old HAL and probably cannot be fixed, or not easily at least)
- Android apps cannot install from file manager within Waydroid
- Battery is set to 85% by default and doesn't reflect the real state
- Sometimes you need to take the battery out (when shutting down SFOS) otherwise the device gets rebooted (this is an issue at the SFOS side, I'll try to fix it later)
- etc.

What works (just a few):
- Touch and screen
- Network
- Sensors (except the one listed above)
- Sound
- Install Android apps from stores like UpToDown store app and F-Droid
- Install Android apk from SFOS command line: waydroid app install <path-to-the-app.apk>
- Gapps/Magisk can be installed (have not tried it). Instruction is here
- etc.

Links:
waydroid_for_treltexx20211014.tar.gz
kernel with waydroid support (hybris-boot-sfos42-06-waydroid.img)

Picture:
Android 10 and desktop Debian Sid are running at the same time on top of SFOS 4.1 on the Galaxy Note 4 (treltexx):
Waydroid-and-Desktop-Debian-Sid-running-on-SFOS4-1-Galaxy-Note4-treltexx.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks

Running Windows XP (with Qemu 4.2.0) on Desktop Debian (Sid) distro within an LXC container on the Galaxy Note 4 (SFOS4.0).
    (The Qemu 4.2.0 is compiled on the device within the Desktop Linux.)

Galaxy-Note4-Debian-Sid-in-LXC-running-Windows-XP-in-QEMU1.png

Galaxy-Note4-Debian-Sid-in-LXC-running-Windows-XP-in-QEMU2.png
    The first OTA update is ready. (Well, sort of :) as it requires some additional manual work.)
    Because sfos 3.4 is a stop release, the device must be OTA updated to 3.4 first.
    As I have not built a sfos 3.4 image for this device, the OTA update to version 3.4 is meant to be only an interim step.
    The manual additional work is needed because, for unknown reasons, some packages and the kernel is not deployed to the device during the update.

The benefit of upgrading this way, rather than installing the sfos 4.0 image from scratch:
    • nemo user is kept as the default user
    • all scripts that hardcoded to use user nemo, should work without any change
    • all your data, files and apps will remain and should work as before
    • if you installed and configured a desktop Linux in an lxc container, that also should work (don't need to reinstall/reconfigure again)
    • patchmanager and installed patches like Mouse cursor, More folder icons and Notes app cover will remain working

Here is the instruction what to do:

Step 1 - OTA 3.3 to 3.4
    1. Boot into sfos, enable developer mode and set a password
    2. Connect the phone to a wifi network (for downloading packages)
      From this point, we will work on the PC, leave the phone connected.
    3. Connect the phone to a PC, open a console and on the PC run (enter the password when you prompted):
      Code:
    4. Switch user to root (enter the password when you prompted):
      Code:
      devel-su
    5. Check repos:
      Code:
      ssu lr
    6. Disable all repos, except: apps, hotfixes, jolla:
      Code:
      ssu dr <repo_name>
    7. Add/modify adaptation-community-common repo:
      Code:
      ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.4.0.24/
    8. Add/modify adaptation-community-treltexx repo:
      Code:
      ssu ar adaptation-community-treltexx http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/samsung:/treltexx/sailfishos_3.4.0.24/
    9. In case you have the mousetracker repo
      Code:
      ssu ar mousetracker http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_3.4.0.24/
    10. Put the device in release mode:
      Code:
      ssu release 3.4.0.24
    11. Refresh packages:
      Code:
      pkcon refresh
    12. Upgrade the system:
      Code:
      version --dup
    13. Then reboot:
      Code:
      reboot

Step 2 - OTA 3.4 to 4.0
    1. Boot into sfos, enable developer mode and set a password
    2. Connect the phone to a wifi network (for downloading packages)
      From this point, we will work on the PC, leave the phone connected.
    3. Connect the phone to a PC, open a console and on the PC run (enter the password when you prompted):
      Code:
    4. Switch user to root (enter the password when you prompted):
      Code:
      devel-su
    5. Check repos:
      Code:
      ssu lr
    6. Disable all repos, except: apps, hotfixes, jolla:
      Code:
      ssu dr <repo_name>
    7. Add/modify adaptation-community-common repo:
      Code:
      ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_4.0.1.48/
    8. Add/modify adaptation-community-treltexx repo:
      Code:
      ssu ar adaptation-community-treltexx http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/samsung:/treltexx/sailfishos_4.0.1.48/
    9. In case you have the mousetracker repo
      Code:
      ssu ar mousetracker http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_4.0.1.48/
    10. Put the device in release mode:
      Code:
      ssu release 4.0.1.48
    11. Refresh packages:
      Code:
      pkcon refresh
    12. Upgrade the system:
      Code:
      version --dup
    13. Then reboot:
      Code:
      reboot

Once the device is updated to 4.0 boot into TWRP and flash this kernel: 02-hybris-boot-firejail-enhanced.img
    Then boot into SFOS and install these two packages:
    Reboot again and after this, all apps and Bluetooth should work as before.

If you have any issues, give me a shout. :)
    Good luck!
    thanks

Looks really good, have you posted the source on github or anywhere? I made a port of UT for the snapdragon note 4 and would like to make one for the exynos variant

Yes, all sources are available on github: here
    Please let me know when the UT is available for this device! I'd like to try it. :D
    Oh, it's you again dude :D That is AWESOME

:D I am still chasing my n7000. Once I got that I will complete that port too. Will let you know.