Sailfish OS for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Search This thread

Linux Lounge

Apr 30, 2016
Afaik this is the only public build. I also tried to build SFOS 3.2.1.20 but sold the phone before could complete the port. If you need newer you should build one yourselves. If you are interested I am happy to help with what I know.
I'd love the help, I want to get Sailfish running on this device :)

edp17

Dec 9, 2019
I'd love the help, I want to get Sailfish running on this device :)

That's the spirit! :cool:

Here are the steps:
  1. Be prepared that your S7 will NOT be ready for normal operation for a longer-term. So a backup phone for daily use is highly recommended.
  2. The porting steps are documented in the latest hadk. Please read it before you start.
  3. You need to choose an Android base (I recommend Los 14.1, the one I used is available here lineage-14.1-20190224-nightly-herolte-signed.zip)
  4. At some point you'll face some issues that are not documented in the hadk. You can find solutions in the hadk-faq created by the porters.
  5. And the last is my detailed, step by step instruction. I have put this together during my work and it is available from here: S7_Porting-guide-by-edp17.txt
Good luck and keep me posted! Just for the record, I am very envy, because I wanted to do this. However as I do not have got the device anymore, I think better to give my knowledge to someone else and let him make it a success for all the other S7 users who would like to use Sailfish OS on their device. :cowboy:

Reactions: JCMax1

vfdfhhh

That's the spirit! :cool:

Here are the steps:
  1. Be prepared that your S7 will NOT be ready for normal operation for a longer-term. So a backup phone for daily use is highly recommended.
  2. The porting steps are documented in the latest hadk. Please read it before you start.
  3. You need to choose an Android base (I recommend Los 14.1, the one I used is available here lineage-14.1-20190224-nightly-herolte-signed.zip)
  4. At some point you'll face some issues that are not documented in the hadk. You can find solutions in the hadk-faq created by the porters.
  5. And the last is my detailed, step by step instruction. I have put this together during my work and it is available from here: S7_Porting-guide-by-edp17.txt
Good luck and keep me posted! Just for the record, I am very envy, because I wanted to do this. However as I do not have got the device anymore, I think better to give my knowledge to someone else and let him make it a success for all the other S7 users who would like to use Sailfish OS on their device. :cowboy:
Thanks a lot, i was really hoping that i would find some newer guide online on how to port sailfish os, i wanted to do something for fun with my s7 and this seams like it could take me some time. Thanks again.

edp17

Dec 9, 2019
Thanks a lot, i was really hoping that i would find some newer guide online on how to port sailfish os, i wanted to do something for fun with my s7 and this seams like it could take me some time. Thanks again.
Hello. Please bear in mind that my instruction was built on SFOS version 3.2.1.20 and was created for somebody who wanted to build a newer SFOS version 3.3.0.16, but the current version is 3.4x. This means that many things have already changed, so I strongly recommend using my S7-porting-guide.txt only as a guide rather than a step by step instruction. I also strongly recommend to use the HADK and hadk-faq as main source and follow the instruction there. If you get stuck or have questions, let me know or ask them on the #sailfishos_porters telegram channel. Any of us are happy to help. :) Good luck and keep me posted!

Reactions: jmo707
May 31, 2023
Took me a while to realize the "sailfish" being mentioned here is not the same "sailfish" on my google pixel lol... was wondering how you pulled it off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I doesn't have enougth rigth to post to roms, so will post here.

WARNING! Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk. I do not bear any responsibility for your faulty devices.
    Knox will tick. ROM in alpha and not suitable for every day use.

Installation instructions:
    1. Install TWRP
    2. Reboot in TWRP (Menu unlock phone - Recovery)
    3. Wipe -> Format Data -> write - yes -> Enter
    4. adb push <LineageOS> /sdcard
    5. adb push <SailfishOS> /sdcard
    6. Into TWRP: Install <LineageOS>
    7. Into TWRP: Install <SailfishOS>
    8. Into TWRP: Install <Audio FIX>
    9. Reboot in System
    Enjoy!

Sailfish OS Android HAL based on Lineage OS 14.1.

Downloads:
    TWRP for herolte
    Lineage OS 14.1 for herolte
    Sailfish OS 2.1.4.14 for herolte
    Sailfish Galaxy S7 audio fix(based on work of painted.man)

Sources:
    https://github.com/Driim
    Build guide can be found here.

Problems:
    1. WLAN worked partially(can't remember network to automatically connect after reboot)
    2. Bluetooth not working
    3. NFC not working
    4. Fingerprint not working (Sailfish problem)

Debug:
    In Ubuntu. Connect USB cable. telnet 192.168.2.15 2323 or ssh.

Changelog:
    Update to Sailfish OS 2.1.4.14
    GSM calls fix
    Working mobile data and sms.
    solution for audio

I found solution for audio problem.

You have to edit /system/etc/audio_policy.conf:
    - Delete AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER flag on primary audio device
    - Comment sections tms and playback_record

You also can pass argument config to pulseaudio-modules-droid and set location to your correct config file instead of editing vendor file.
    Then you need to extract the components that make up the HAL layer. If you don't know how to do this, you could try asking around XDA or doing some web searching, but I'm afraid that I can't help you by actually doing it; I can only provide suggestions. :( However, since I'm quite interested, I'll stay subscribed to your post here.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Please provide more screenshots!

I think you do not quite understand. I already extracted them and just wrote the version from which I extracted. So there are no Lineage OS on phone, only Sailfish OS and HAL components from Lineage OS 14.1(only proprietary components).

I update release and add new screenshots.
    I do not have Galaxy S7 Edge, but someone else can do it.
    As for the Wi-Fi not reconnecting; On the s7 atleast (probably more) there's a line in the build.prop "ro.securestorage.support"

Change that to the opposite of what it's on