• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sailfish OS for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon/mido)

Search This thread

bosanac1976

Feb 3, 2013
Again install 3.2.1.20 image;

Login in to Jolla store - download File Browser aplication;

Copy adaptation-community.ini file ( from /usr/share/ssu/features.d/ ) in Documents folder on phone;

Then copy file to desktop computer.

Change path in file from:

to:

then:
copy file to mobile phone ( in Documents folder);

then:
devel-su

cd Documents

cp adaptation-community.ini /usr/share/ssu/features.d/

then:
- run terminal, login as root
- than run 'pkcon refresh', following by 'ssu re 3.4.0.24' and finally 'version --dup'
- after finishes, reboot (shutdown -r now)

then again in desktop computer change in file parth from:

to:

then:
copy file to mobile phone ( in Documents folder);

then:
devel-su
cd Documents
cp adaptation-community.ini /usr/share/ssu/features.d/

then:
devel-su
ssu release 4.0.1.48
ssu ur
version --dup
reboot

Upgrade to 4.0.1.48 version complete. The phone is constantly reboting.
Same as before....

lopov

Mar 27, 2014
It seems development stopped and latest stable build is 3.4.0.24 -- here:

Contents of devel folder didn't change since I last posted here and I assume it's not complete build.

Looking at testing branch for Xiaomi phones only Note 5 (vince) still have some development (reached 4.0.1.48), other models are more or less dead :(

Anybody -- please continue with mido support. Please!

Meanwhile, SailfishOS reached 4.1.0.24 -- Jolla C just received update.

Last edited:

HPHovercraft

Jul 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any success installing flatpak? I've only tried
briefly myself at this point. But I noticed that the prerequisites
seem to fall short:

From sailfishos-flatpak:

Supported devices

Kernel version >= 3.5 (PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS, maybe possible to backport)

libhybris version >= 0.0.5.34

From my device:

AID64:

Kernel version:

3.18.05-ElectraBlue-11.0-mido

zypper se -s libhybris

libhybris version 0.0.5.33.tama.1.1.17.1.jolla

In part, I ask because I noticed (I am presuming the same) @Magic Cucumber seemed to show signs of success with it in the flatpak thread on another forum:

talk.maemo.org

By way of background:

I'm on Sailfish 3.4.0.24.

I've only recently got dual boot (Stock MUIU and SFOS) up and running. Both
recent TWRP and OrangeFox recovery environments failed to install sailfish in particular (Type 7 error), so I went back to an earlier version of TWRP (3.1.1.0) and it installed fine.

I installed the 3.2.1.20 base sailfish image and then (with a certain amount of tinkering) was able to upgrade it to 3.4.0.24 by terminal.

Thank you all for you contributions to this thread. I seem to have learnt something from everyone.

May 26, 2017
Hello,
Aye, it still works for me (3.4.0.24). But. There are huge amounts of Gigabytes, but just a few usable apps. Falkon is buggy a bit for example and Knetwalk (game) is seamless :) . How-to is in the talk.maemo I already forgot how I did this :)

HPHovercraft

Jul 13, 2021
Thanks for that Magic. I'll get back to looking into it then and post back here. Particularly, if I have any sustained difficulties or have to do anything usual to get it working.

My impression is that Sailfish is slowly dying and something like Flatpak support, as much as it is, no doubt, rather inefficient, provides some potential relief from that, much like the other container type stuff discussed on maemo talk. It now also looks like this port probably isn't going anywhere quickly either, so it's great to hear that such access to software from elsewhere may still accessible in spite of this.

I did read Rinigus say in that thread that he had very modest plans for Flatpak on Sailfish. Basically Angelfish was it. I've only been on Sailfish for a couple of weeks now, but do plan to stay, and the default browser has been getting a bit tedious. Otherwise, Sailfish doesn't look too disappointing, but I've never expected that much from a phone. I'm mainly just relieved to get away from Android.

Hello,
Aye, it still works for me (3.4.0.24). But. There are huge amounts of Gigabytes, but just a few usable apps. Falkon is buggy a bit for example and Knetwalk (game) is seamless :) . How-to is in the talk.maemo I already forgot how I did this :)

Reactions: hrazib

Top Liked Posts