Sailfish OS for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/ 5 Plus (vince)

Search This thread

PizzaProgram

Feb 13, 2018
www.pizzaprogram.hu
You flashed the wrong sailfish os zip file. Updated to 3.2.0.12 now https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261644870

I've tried that one 5 hours long yesterday, but didn't boot.
(No loop, just loading with Miui white LOGO, and nothing happens. Waited 5 min.) :(
- Yes, I've started LOS15.1 >> it booted well >> than TWRP again.
- Tried with DATA wipe / cache wipe / no wipe /etc and re-re-flashed, but nothing helped. It just does not boot.
- Tried older TWRP too (3.2.1) >> no difference.

So I gave up, flashed LOS14 and the other ZIP ( linked at the first page) >> that went fine, loaded well, WORKING fine. :good:
Should I try to flash LOS15.1 now OVER current SFOS_3.2 without wipe? :confused:

Interesting thing is: both LOS and SFOS reported error during installs:
failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system

Last edited:
Reactions: rossholmes

0312birdzhang

(No loop, just loading with Miui white LOGO, and nothing happens. Waited 5 min.) :(
- Tried with DATA wipe / cache wipe / no wipe /etc and re-re-flashed, but nothing helped. It just does not boot.

So I gave up, flashed LOS14 and the other ZIP ( linked at the first page) >> that went fine, loaded well, WORKING fine. :good:
Should I try to flash LOS15.1 now OVER current SFOS_3.2 without wipe? :confused:

Yes, you can flash LOS 15.1 without wipe, all sailfishos data is under /data/.stowaways/sailfishos/ . Sailfishos don't modify your LOS files.

rossholmes

Sep 18, 2011
London

I am having exactly the same issues. Performed a full wipe of my Aex Rom and after flashed 8.x firmware recommended by dev. Afterwards flashed lineage 15, booted up - but error appeared on vendor image file, ignored it and went back to recovery where I done a flash of sailfish 3.2, but it didn't boot into system, just got stuck at the very beginning of black mi welcome screen.

I also managed to flash lineage 14,but when flashing sailfish 3.2 over the os, I got the same result as above. Haven't found working link of earlier versions sailfish os unfortunately to try your solution.

Any idea what I could try out? Thank you

rossholmes

Sep 18, 2011
London
Not available to download the zip :( but is available from the gitlab :D thanks

Thank you for the hint. Managed to find it, but it didn't worked.. I installed and booted lineage 14, then reboot to recovery and flashed sailfishos-vince-release-3.0.1.11-devel-20190325.zip but the installation didn't go though (at the very end orangefox rebooted itself). Afterwards lineage is boots only.

0312birdzhang

Thank you for the hint. Managed to find it, but it didn't worked.. I installed and booted lineage 14, then reboot to recovery and flashed sailfishos-vince-release-3.0.1.11-devel-20190325.zip but the installation didn't go though (at the very end orangefox rebooted itself). Afterwards lineage is boots only.

Use twrp, do not use orangefox

Reactions: rossholmes

rossholmes

Sep 18, 2011
London
Is it LOS 14.1 or LOS 15.1 based?

I believe it can be based on any of them. I am currently running 3.2.1.20 of SailfishOS on 14.1 LOS. Highly satisfied with this system and implementation into vince. Definitely worth to give a try as it is something very different and gives very smooth, new user experience!

Last edited:

Mazen Yasser

Jul 5, 2016
Port Said
I believe it can be based on both of them. I am currently running 3.2.1.20 of SailfishOS on 14.1 LOS. Highly satisfied with this system and implementation into vince. Definitely worth to give a try as it is something very different and gives very smooth, new user experience!

So what's with the software support , i was using it on version 2.2 but i moved back to android due to lack of basic app needs , say a Decent facebook app , messenger , whatsapp , telegram , MS-Office files reader , No ability to run android apps for the most part ..
Is any of that good now ?

rossholmes

Sep 18, 2011
London
So what's with the software support , i was using it on version 2.2 but i moved back to android due to lack of basic app needs , say a Decent facebook app , messenger , whatsapp , telegram , MS-Office files reader , No ability to run android apps for the most part ..
Is any of that good now ?

I am talking according to my own experience: Before I flashed Sailfish I was really considering the same questions in my mind. Once I started to use, I've just realised how flexible I can be for a such smooth OS and it opened my mind. Basically, I've told to people I am only available via Telegram - only limited time in whatsapp (if I sometime dual boot). What I am trying to say here is that I felt so much better once I recognized, I do not depend on only one system any longer.

I do not need decent apps if I have a smoothly running system on my phone, and an opportunity to customise it to my taste. I am sure with a little research you can adjust everything what can more closely match your needs.

Last edited:
I believe it can be based on both of them. I am currently running 3.2.1.20 of SailfishOS on 14.1 LOS. Highly satisfied with this system and implementation into vince. Definitely worth to give a try as it is something very different and gives very smooth, new user experience!

I'm a bit confuse about which vendor to use, last time I tried it can't boot after flash firmware and LOS 15.1. If you don't mind, can I send you a pm via telegram? Mine is http://t.me/grindklast

rossholmes

Sep 18, 2011
London
@0312birdzhang - thank you very very much once again for making this absolutely fantastic system available to us. If my financial situation wouldn't be desperate, I definitely had sent you many donations as your effort deserves that.

Any way Guys, I would like to ask you for some advice. I am currently running Sailfish on LOS 14.1 base as I am unable to successfully flash SOS Over LOS15.1.

I managed to boot up LOS 15.1 (worth to mention I got an error regarding vendor image missmatch here) and went back to twrp to flash Sailfish, what's been done successful according to the install script. However, when I try to boot up SOS it gets stuck on the miui screen.

I suspect the root cause of this issue is the error on LOS 15.1 about vendor mismatch. Has anyone had a similar problem?

0312birdzhang

@0312birdzhang - thank you very very much once again for making this absolutely fantastic system available to us. If my financial situation wouldn't be desperate, I definitely had sent you many donations as your effort deserves that.

Any way Guys, I would like to ask you for some advice. I am currently running Sailfish on LOS 14.1 base as I am unable to successfully flash SOS Over LOS15.1.

I managed to boot up LOS 15.1 (worth to mention I got an error regarding vendor image missmatch here) and went back to twrp to flash Sailfish, what's been done successful according to the install script. However, when I try to boot up SOS it gets stuck on the miui screen.

I suspect the root cause of this issue is the error on LOS 15.1 about vendor mismatch. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Check you can boot up LOS 14.1 or not first.

rossholmes

Sep 18, 2011
London
Check you can boot up LOS 14.1 or not first.

Hi birdzhang. Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I can boot it up -14.1 runs all right. I can also boot up 15.1, but when I do this I get a warning message about vendor image mismatch - it says I need image OPM1.171019.019.

Its worth to mention I flashed opengapps too for 8.1 android. May be this causes some trouble..

BTW this is the LOS file on what I try to flash Sailfish over: lineage-15.1-20180809-UNOFFICIAL-vince.zip

Last edited:

0312birdzhang

Hi birdzhang. Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I can boot it up -14.1 runs all right. I can also boot up 15.1, but when I do this I get a warning message about vendor image mismatch - it says I need image OPM1.171019.019.

Its worth to mention I flashed opengapps too for 8.1 android. May be this causes some trouble..

BTW this is the LOS file on what I try to flash Sailfish over: lineage-15.1-20180809-UNOFFICIAL-vince.zip

It's Okay. But i suggest you flash LOS 14.1 and the lastest 14.1 base sailfishos zip file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fsailfishos.org%2Fwiki%2Fimages%2F1%2F11%2FSailfishOS_logo_large.png

5af5969f0e24b.png

Change log:

• 2021-10-08 update to 4.2.0.21
    • 2021-07-08 update to 4.1.0.24
    • 2021-03-08 update to 4.0.1.48
    • 2020-11-20 update to 3.4.0.24
    • 2020-05-02 update to 3.3.0.16
    • 2019-11-16 update to 3.2.0.12
    • 2019-09-27 add 15.1 base sailfishos
    • 2019-09-09 update to 3.1.0.12
    • 2019-05-11 update to 3.0.3.9
    • 2019-03-30 update to 3.0.2.8
    • 2019-03-25 fix FM radio on 3.0.1.11
    • 2019-01-26 update to 3.0.1.11
    • 2018-11-10 update to 3.0.0.8
    • 2018-09-25 fix browser video playback bug(by @PiggZ)
    • 2018-07-22 fix FM radio and power key wakeup delay bugs
    • 2018-06-29 delete some 2.2.0.28 zip, because of some bugs
    • 2018-06-15 2.2.0.29-beta8 fix video record freeze
    • 2018-06-13 fix video thumbnails in Gallery, if you use OTA, you need to remove ffmpeg and install libav, and rm -rf /home/nemo/.cache/org.nemomobile/thumbnails/*
    • 2018-06-10 update to 2.2.0.29
    • 2018-05-17 gps and sensors fixed
    • 2018-05-16 sailfish browser fixed, use "zypper ref && zypper up" to upgrade

What works:
    • calls/SMS/data
    • audio
    • video
    • wifi
    • bt
    • camera
    • sensors
    • GPS
    • FM

what's not:
    1. fingerprint(as the stuff not done yet)
    2. IR(no 32bit lib)

How to install

1.packages need to be downloaded:

2.install steps:
    1. unlock bootloader, you will need to wait some days
    2. rollback to miui 9?(android 7.1 based version) if you are on miui10
    3. flash twrp
    4. flash HM5Plus_8.2.1.zip (flash only once)
    5. flash lineage-14.1-20180304-UNOFFICIAL-vince.zip in recovery
    6. reboot to recovery, flash sailfishos-vince-release-$VERSION-devel-$DATE.zip
    enjoy :)

OTA updates
    To upgrade to a new Sailfish OS release, enter these commands as root
    Code:
    ssu re 3.4.0.24 #change it
    version --dup

For update to 4.1.0.24, you need do some more
    Code:
    ssu ar sfos-test https://repo.sailfishos.club/4.1.0.24/xiaomi-vince/armv7hl/
    ssu dr adaptation-community-common
    ssu dr adaptation-community
    ssu re 4.1.0.24
    version --dup

WIKI Page
    https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_Vince

Bug report
    freenode: #sailfishos-porters or #jolla-cn
    telegram: t.me/vincehalium
    Github https://github.com/Sailfish-On-Vince/issues/issues

Thanks
    First of all, very thanks to zhxt, no him no this.
    Also thanks @TingyiChen , PiggZ and zamoroz from github. mal,sledges,ghosalmartin,krnlyng from #sailfishos-porters.

Paypal
    https://www.paypal.me/birdzhang
    2.2.0.29 version has too many bugs, so i delete some on http://images.devaamo.fi/sfe/vince/ , i suggest you install 2.1.4.14-beta4, it's only has one bug(fixed in 2.2.0.29, i will try to fix it in 2.1.4.14).
    FM radio was fixed, use " zypper ref && zypper up " to upgrade
    You can upgrade to 4.3.0.12 from 4.2.0.21 now, or flash it sfe-vince-4.3.0.12-devel-20211122/sailfishos-vince-release-4.3.0.12-devel-20211122.zip

Code:
    ssu re 4.3.0.12
    ssu ur
    version --dup
    Update: 2018-11-10
    upgrade to 3.0.0.8(only on testing branch), devel branch need obs maintainer change latest repo to 3.0.0.8.
    If you are on testing branch, you can use ssu re 3.0.0.8 and version --dup to upgrade now.
    If you are on devel branch, you need to wait a little longer.

Chech which branch you are
    Code:
    [nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ssu lr|grep adaptation-community|grep testing
     - adaptation-community        ... [url]http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/xiaomi:/vince/sailfishos_3.0.0.8/[/url]
     - adaptation-community-common ... [url]http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.0.0.8/[/url]