• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sailfish OS porting

Search This thread

xreactx

Oct 2, 2014
I think it would be difficult until SFOS is based on LOS14. Right now the latest SFOS is based on CM13. There isn't an Android 6.0 kernel for the OP5...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hybris-14.1 is out there, so porting may be possible

Last edited:
Reactions: CrashTestDroid

xreactx

Oct 2, 2014
I've made an installable zip of SFOS 2.1.3.7 for the OnePlus 5... however, the current issue is that I cannot telnet into the device via USB to figure out where it's failing since kernel 4.4 needs some usb fix for mainline kernel testing. See http://www.merproject.org/logs/#sailfishos-porters/#sailfishos-porters.2017-11-19.log.html for the conversation regarding "usb gadget"
---------------------------------------------UPDATE-------------------------------------------------------
22Nov17 - I found a solution to the kernel 4.4 usb_gadget issue (https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_use_USB_device_networking) I am now able to telnet into my OnePlus 5 with the Mer Boat Loader running. Hopefully more progress will follow.

Last edited:

xreactx

Oct 2, 2014
08Dec17 Update

Some more pictures of SFOS running on the OP5. I would classify this as a pre-alpha build. I will try to work out all of the bugs as soon as I can.

What Works:
GUI
Touch input
Vibration (somewhat)

What Doesnt work:
Cellular/wlan/bluetooth
Sound
Camera
Most likely other key functions...

Attachments

• IMG_20171209_000517.jpg
    IMG_20171209_000517.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_20171209_000606.jpg
    IMG_20171209_000606.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1,234
  • IMG_20171209_000537.jpg
    IMG_20171209_000537.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,205
  • IMG_20171209_000615.jpg
    IMG_20171209_000615.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 1,196
Last edited:

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
This thread deserves more attention. As far as all the basic functions are working, I will switch to SFOS as my new daily driver. Thanks for your time and work :victory:

xreactx

Oct 2, 2014
I'm working diligently to get this more stable. I won't post it until it has basic cell/wifi working. All thanks goes to my wife who gets annoyed when I'm constantly working on this project. Haha

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
I'm working diligently to get this more stable. I won't post it until it has basic cell/wifi working. All thanks goes to my wife who gets annoyed when I'm constantly working on this project. Haha

Good stance to take, mate! You have a far better chance of getting it up working than I do with most of my programming knowledge being limited to bash scripting. If you need a second pair of eyes on the code, though, I'm up for at least trying to understand it.

Dobby118

Jan 26, 2016
Could be worth looking into halium , there's porting work happening for the OP5. Sailfish os could potentially run on top of it.

xreactx

Oct 2, 2014
Could be worth looking into halium , there's porting work happening for the OP5. Sailfish os could potentially run on top of it.

I dont know how far along Halium is for the OP5. I've been trying to get ahold of MarioGrip for a few weeks now. I was able to get the UI started with the help of mal, guhl, zhxt, and many others. Check my work on github (www.github.com/xreactx) if you or anyone else wants to see where i may be wrong. My next step is to try and get the wifi to work, then cellular.

Reactions: OCmylife

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    07Dec17 - New Update. I now have UI/touch input working on the OnePlus 5. Now the rest of the debugging begins.

https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/KMXGNgEZ
    Good news for SFOS on OnePlus 5

Hello everyone! I've picked up the project last month and been working hard on it since. I have many of the major features working perfectly fine right now! If there is some interest I can post very much alpha builds here for people to try it out. I'll hold off creating a new XDA thread for this specifically for now until I get call audio working properly ;)
    The source code for eager porters can be found at github dot com slash sailfishos-oneplus5 if you want to attempt to build it for yourself already :)

Here's a preview of the port for people interested: imgur dot com slash a slash Bq3yH4q
    p4UlgGn.png
    I've made an installable zip of SFOS 2.1.3.7 for the OnePlus 5... however, the current issue is that I cannot telnet into the device via USB to figure out where it's failing since kernel 4.4 needs some usb fix for mainline kernel testing. See http://www.merproject.org/logs/#sailfishos-porters/#sailfishos-porters.2017-11-19.log.html for the conversation regarding "usb gadget"
    ---------------------------------------------UPDATE-------------------------------------------------------
    22Nov17 - I found a solution to the kernel 4.4 usb_gadget issue (https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_use_USB_device_networking) I am now able to telnet into my OnePlus 5 with the Mer Boat Loader running. Hopefully more progress will follow.
    08Dec17 Update

Some more pictures of SFOS running on the OP5. I would classify this as a pre-alpha build. I will try to work out all of the bugs as soon as I can.

What Works:
    GUI
    Touch input
    Vibration (somewhat)

What Doesnt work:
    Cellular/wlan/bluetooth
    Sound
    Camera
    Most likely other key functions...
    News about Pie rebase

I know it's been a bit quiet around here recently, but for a good reason: I've been working hard to get the LineageOS 16.0 Pie rebase working. So far it boots with UI, WLAN, BT, sensors and MTP (which was broken since the beginning of my 15.1 Oreo based port) all working seemingly fine! And the UI feels a bit smoother now too than before on 15.1 :victory:
    There are still however some massive issues like audio, cellular data (maybe ofono too so no calling yet?) & RTC alarms / hw clock only partially working or not at all so it's definitely no daily driver yet, but it's getting closer every day.
    This rebase will also translate over perfectly to the 5T when I get it working respectably first on the regular 5 non-T (the only variant I own personally) :cool:
    I'll be investing all my resources on 16.0 now since it "works" and drop support entirely for 15.1 so there will be no more SFOS builds based on Oreo. I may still update the LineageOS zip I provide once to keep up-to-date with the security patches unless I get the new base working properly already in a few weeks or so. Stay tuned for Pie based builds! ;)
    wMXBVCt.png