• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SailfishOS 2 for the Moto-G Falcon

Search This thread
Oct 18, 2015
It's nice that gestures work again as they should. Thanks! :)

New issues with 2.1.1.25:
Unknown installation sources cannot be enabled. It's just not in the menu anymore.
Gyroscope/acceleration does not work.
Camera does not work. It gets stuck during starting. I tried couple of reboots and waiting for a long time, no go.
Positioning does not seem to work. At least no qt5-qtpositioning package.

That's very weird, other than occasionally the camera-issue I experience none of those problems. Maybe reinstalling will help.

Reactions: Kwaak

Kwaak

Feb 13, 2011
That's very weird, other than occasionally the camera-issue I experience none of those problems. Maybe reinstalling will help.

Thanks! :)

Something must one wrong then in my update. I'll do a complete reinstall. If it works, there might be something wrong in how the previous OTA update played out with this latter one.

grepped

May 24, 2014
It's nice that gestures work again as they should. Thanks! :)

New issues with 2.1.1.25:
Unknown installation sources cannot be enabled. It's just not in the menu anymore.
Gyroscope/acceleration does not work.
Camera does not work. It gets stuck during starting. I tried couple of reboots and waiting for a long time, no go.
Positioning does not seem to work. At least no qt5-qtpositioning package.
I have observed issue of "Unknown installation sources cannot be enabled. It's just not in the menu anymore." after update.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Hi all, Vibration is not as expected on my phone. On incoming call, it just gives a short vibration at the starting. I tried editing ffmemless.ini, setting env varilable etc. but no luck. Does it vibrate in a loop with longer vibrations for incoming call on your mobile, just like it do on any other mobile?

Kwaak

Feb 13, 2011
I did a reinstall; first sailfishos-falcon-release-2.1.0.11-pgz25.zip and then exactly these:

Code:
devel-su sed -i -e 's#^adaptation=.*$#adaptation=http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/motorola:/falcon/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/#' /usr/share/ssu/repos.ini
ssu re 2.1.1.25
devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f
version --dup
sync
And reboot.

I did not login with Jolla account until SailfishOS 2.1.1.25 was installed.

Unfortunately, it's still no go; sailfish does not react to landscape position, camera hangs indefinitely and there is no selection for untrusted sources in the settings menu.

I did run zypper clean -a and ref -f couple of times and version --dup, but it could not find any missing packages.

Yet I'd still think that there may be packets missing, or maybe complete repo since version --dup does not give any errors and everything is up to date.

Can someone with working 2.1.1.25 check if package list (packages.txt) and repos (repos.txt) match in this mails attachments, please?

They were extracted as 'devel-su' with:
Code:
rpm -qa | sort
cat /usr/share/ssu/repos.ini

Attachments

• packages.txt
    32.7 KB · Views: 7
  • repos.txt
    6 KB · Views: 13

grepped

May 24, 2014
I did a reinstall; first sailfishos-falcon-release-2.1.0.11-pgz25.zip and then exactly these:

Code:
devel-su sed -i -e 's#^adaptation=.*$#adaptation=http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/motorola:/falcon/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/#' /usr/share/ssu/repos.ini
ssu re 2.1.1.25
devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f
version --dup
sync
And reboot.

I did not login with Jolla account until SailfishOS 2.1.1.25 was installed.

Unfortunately, it's still no go; sailfish does not react to landscape position, camera hangs indefinitely and there is no selection for untrusted sources in the settings menu.

I did run zypper clean -a and ref -f couple of times and version --dup, but it could not find any missing packages.

Yet I'd still think that there may be packets missing, or maybe complete repo since version --dup does not give any errors and everything is up to date.

Can someone with working 2.1.1.25 check if package list (packages.txt) and repos (repos.txt) match in this mails attachments, please?

They were extracted as 'devel-su' with:
Code:
rpm -qa | sort
cat /usr/share/ssu/repos.ini

I have seen these issues after update. One more issue I have seen is - No in call audio except on a speaker

Oct 18, 2015
The version I originally installed was 2.0.5.6 and then updated from it (first to 2.1.0.11 and then to 2.1.1.25). I just (apparently wrongfully) assumed that it won't make a difference compared to directly updating from 2.1.0.11.

Oct 18, 2015
@Kwaak that's weird: After a reinstall I experience the same issues :/

But installing third party software works even without the setting.

Installing qt5-qtpositioning via

devel-su pkcon install qt5-qtpositioning

and then rebooting fixes the rotation for me so the only problem remaining is the camera (which I personally don't care about).

EDIT: well ****... Installing qt5-qtpositioning seems to kill wifi and removing it again takes a lot of apps with it D:

EDIT2: Shutting down, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on fixed it again :)

Last edited:

Kwaak

Feb 13, 2011
The version I originally installed was 2.0.5.6 and then updated from it (first to 2.1.0.11 and then to 2.1.1.25). I just (apparently wrongfully) assumed that it won't make a difference compared to directly updating from 2.1.0.11.

Yep, indeed it seems to matter. I wasn't able to upgrade from 2.0.5.6 (repo.xml error) but I tried from sailfishos-falcon-release-2.1.0.11-pgz23.zip instead of pgz25 I had used previously, and rotation started working again. No go with camera or untrusted sources though.

Have to try again with updating from 2.0.5.6.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

@Kwaak that's weird: After a reinstall I experience the same issues :/

But installing third party software works even without the setting.

Installing qt5-qtpositioning via

devel-su pkcon install qt5-qtpositioning

and then rebooting fixes the rotation for me so the only problem remaining is the camera (which I personally don't care about).

EDIT: well ****... Installing qt5-qtpositioning seems to kill wifi and removing it again takes a lot of apps with it D:

EDIT2: Shutting down, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on fixed it again :)

Thanks for testing it, and sorry for ruining it for your setup! :|

I tried to fix camera by reinstalling jolla-camera while adaptation0 repo was disabled, but that didn't help. Maybe the camera packages or HAL stuff that do not get updated needs to be from 2.0.5.6.

Reactions: superproskiller

Kwaak

Feb 13, 2011
Latest try: 2.0.5.6 -> 2.1.0.11 -> 2.1.1.25. This had the same result as directly going from 2.1.0.11-pgz25 to 2.1.1.25.

Alexdavij47

Sep 21, 2017
How can i add the android tm support to this build because there is no such an option in the jolla store and thank you forma porting this cool rom

githzy

Oct 13, 2017
i'm installed cm 12.1, then last zip but touch not work and i cant choice language, what the problem?

DeathByDenim

Nov 3, 2016
I think the gstreamer update of Nov 11 killed the camera for good. Now all I get is a test screen. Before that update, the camera was tricky too of course, but it eventually worked after many phone restarts and camera app restarts. And once it worked, it stayed working.

I tried to look at the repositories that @PiggZ maintained, but I couldn't see a way of downgrading to the previous library. I also tried to find out where the sources are kept so I could maybe compile it myself and see what the differences were.

I currently have gstreamer1.0-droid-0.20161124.0+master.20161206135437.1.gef4bf98-10.2.3.jolla.armv7hl. So my question is if 10.2.2 is still available somewhere? Or can somebody point me to the source?

FaZeElektra

Mar 2, 2018
Build PGZ25 issues

The camera doesn't work... I'm also not able to install any new app from the Jolla Store. All else is fine, quite stable. My device is XT1032, dual SIM, 2+16GB
Also, using web-browser, cannot load ordinary .jpg images, screen begins ghosting
I tried to enter via SSH using both PuTTY as well as local terminal,and entered both the lines of code (for changing repository and update command version --dup), and even on entering correct password, it repeatedly says Auth Fail.

Last edited:

FaZeElektra

Mar 2, 2018
Unable to set the remote repository

Upon running the above code in the terminal, and giving correct password, it keeps saying "Auth Failed". I even tried running PuTTY from my computer (an SSH c/s protocol) but still no avail. I'm unable to set the website as a repository.
As for the ROM, I've the build 2.1.0.11(lijoki) (armv7hl)
And device adaptation 0.0.1+master.20160227155834.ec35f74.1
Camera is not working, I'm unable to load ordinary jpg images in the browser. Also, apps from the Jolla Store cannot be installed. Rest all is stable, and working fine.

benclark006

Sep 24, 2019
Could someone with a working install tell me the checksum of the zip file (pgz25), i think my one is a bit corrupted. Thanks!

Port r

Feb 27, 2016
Sylhet
download links please

download links are dead, someone please post a link to the latest one or the one that work good or whatever u have.

Reactions: regido

regido

Nov 26, 2019
Moto g falcon,bootloader c'ant be unlocked to old?

Hi,

greetings to al,I am new here.
In this moment I am a little shocked.
I am reading everything here and it seems a very nice project.
So I've bought two moto g.....one for me and one for my friend. (second is on the way)
Naturally I am reading everywhere. So I find that motorola non will unlock th bootloader on *older*phones.
I've found this list of phones that can be unlocked.

oh,i c'ant make links

Moto G (first Gen) seems are not part of it.
Have I am understanding anything wrong? My english isen't very good.
There is a way to unlock the bootloader if motorola non will unlock it?
I was so happy for this little project.
Anybody can help me please??
Thank you very much.

regido

Nov 26, 2019
Solved !!!!

Hello,
excuse me for the wast of time.I've unlocked the phone in this moment.
saluti :eek: :D

regido

Nov 26, 2019
Help,HELP download links aren't working

Hello.
perhaps i am stupide?
This is not a new project i now.........but its strange.
The downlod links aren't working.
Please,pleas help me.
I 've bought 2phones for my little project to install saailfish on them.
Iam a nope (yes in some strange way i've installed Sailfish on Xperia X)
I've study a lot for this project, invest som little mony I have.......
:crying:: :crying:
Download links are timing out........what can I do?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Hello.
perhaps i am stupide?
This is not a new project i now.........but its strange.
The downlod links aren't working.
Please,pleas help me.
I 've bought 2phones for my little project to install saailfish on them.
Iam a nope (yes in some strange way i've installed Sailfish on Xperia X)
I've study a lot for this project, invest som little mony I have.......
:crying:: :crying:
Download links are timing out........what can I do?

There will be other links to have this great os?

Top Liked Posts