SailfishOS on Redmi K20/Mi 9T (Beta)

Search This thread

0312birdzhang

That's a shame because I just bought a secondhand 9T to test this build! :cry:

Can you tell me the following :

My phone seems to be running Android 10 right now.
Is it possible to flash TWRP and then either LineageOS 16 based on Android 9 or a Stock ROM from Xiaomi based on Android 9 ??

Should I flash via TWRP or the Xiaomi Flashing Tool I see mentioned by people ?

I just got the phone and Unlocked the Bootloader by the way! :)
Lineageos 16 based, otherwise camera popup not works.

Reactions: nero355

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
First of all : Thank you very much for replying! :)

I have just downgraded to Android 9 but now I am looking for a LineageOS 16.x build to flash and it seems they all have been removed : Do you have any idea where I could download one ?!

Please help me with this :)
I am soo close to my goal now...

Thank you in advance! @0312birdzhang

Last edited:

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
I can't find that ROM anywhere so I joined the Telegram Channel/Group of the developer who once made the ROM you linked to in the Topic Start Post and someone there told me that this Pixel Experience ROM might work too : https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-9-0-davinci-mod-pixel-experience-unofficial-22-07.3953280/

Do you agree ?!

What is so special about LineageOS 16.x that I need to use it to be able to flash Jolla Sailfish afterwards ??

Please help me :)
I really need your help to get this working! ;)

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
Good news : I am FINALLY running Sailfish on my Mi 9T EEA now! 😁

I have also found the problem that showed me TWRP Error 7 everytime :

You have bzip2-ed the files in the ROM but TWRP has no bunzip2 which is called by the tar -xz command!

What I ended up doing was :
- Extract the ROM zip file.
- Extract all .bz2 files so that only the .tar file is left.
- Edit all scripts in which those files are mentioned so that only the .tar files are used.
- Compress the ROM back into a zip file.
- Flash with TWRP.

Aaaaand it finally works now! 😀😎

Thank you soo much for this Jolla Sailfish Custom ROM !!!
I really appreciate it! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: 0312birdzhang

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
I have a problem : I don't want to go back to Android because I like this too much! :D

So I have some questions :

- What would need to be done to solve the batterydrain issue ?
- What would need to be done to build a new Jolla Sailfish 4 ROM ?
- My other favorite OS is Ubuntu Touch and I see you have made a small beginning for it but it seems the GSI Developer has stopped the development for the Mi 9T ?
- What would need to be done to continue that project ?

Please let me know when you can/Feel like it/Have enough spare time :)

0312birdzhang

I have a problem : I don't want to go back to Android because I like this too much! :D

So I have some questions :

- What would need to be done to solve the batterydrain issue ?
- What would need to be done to build a new Jolla Sailfish 4 ROM ?
- My other favorite OS is Ubuntu Touch and I see you have made a small beginning for it but it seems the GSI Developer has stopped the development for the Mi 9T ?
- What would need to be done to continue that project ?

Please let me know when you can/Feel like it/Have enough spare time :)

You can find the source codes from here https://github.com/sailfish-on-davinci , and follow the HADK https://sailfishos.org/hadk

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
incredible port.... possible to port on poco F3/K40 alioth 🙏
I would rather see a Pocophone F2 Pro port then : Much prettier phone! :)

The batterydrain of this build is more or less OK to live with if you set the phone to 2G instead of 4G by the way!
I really hope someone will pick up the development one day... 😇

Reactions: dleira
Good news : I am FINALLY running Sailfish on my Mi 9T EEA now! 😁

I have also found the problem that showed me TWRP Error 7 everytime :

You have bzip2-ed the files in the ROM but TWRP has no bunzip2 which is called by the tar -xz command!

What I ended up doing was :
- Extract the ROM zip file.
- Extract all .bz2 files so that only the .tar file is left.
- Edit all scripts in which those files are mentioned so that only the .tar files are used.
- Compress the ROM back into a zip file.
- Flash with TWRP.

Aaaaand it finally works now! 😀😎

Thank you soo much for this Jolla Sailfish Custom ROM !!!
I really appreciate it! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Good afternoon, please tell me how and how did you unpack the bz2 archive?

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
Good afternoon, please tell me how and how did you unpack the bz2 archive?
I think I have used my Kubuntu Linux laptop to do that, but you can probably use something like 7-Zip to do the same thing if you are using Windows I guess ??

Let me know if you need more help and I will do my best to remember what I did so you can enjoy this ROM too! ;)

I think I have used my Kubuntu Linux laptop to do that, but you can probably use something like 7-Zip to do the same thing if you are using Windows I guess ??

Let me know if you need more help and I will do my best to remember what I did so you can enjoy this ROM too! ;)
Sorry, but do you happen to have an archive with the firmware left? Through 7-молния Unpacking fails. And through the virtual machine, only one unpacking process takes a very long time. Thank you..

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
Sorry, but do you happen to have an archive with the firmware left?
I have found a suitable place to upload it and using the service for the first time so I hope this works :

Please let me know if the link works and if this edited version of the ROM is working for you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vl_se
I have found a suitable place to upload it and using the service for the first time so I hope this works :

Please let me know if the link works and if this edited version of the ROM is working for you :)
thank you very much, everything works. I couldn’t write earlier, there were big problems in my life. Thank you

nero355

Aug 29, 2021
thank you very much, everything works. I couldn’t write earlier, there were big problems in my life. Thank you
No problem at all :)
I hope your problems will stay away from now on so you can experience Jolla SailFish in some nice peace and quiet ;)

If you or anyone else needs help then let me know and I will do my best to help you!

hytayp

Jan 3, 2024

The link does not work, can you upload it again please? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    https%3A%2F%2Fsailfishos.org%2Fwiki%2Fimages%2F1%2F11%2FSailfishOS_logo_large.png

redmik20.jpg

It's only beta, do not use on your daily drive phone, you must know what you are doing!

It's not Android ROM, it's another OS, do not ask for Android support please

Youtube:
    WORKING:
    • WIFI
    • Audio
    • SMS/Call
    • Cellular Data
    • VideoPlayback
    • Rear camera
    • Front camera
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • Bluetooth

Not WORKING:
    • FM
    • Volume button and camera( fixed)
    • MTP mode/SSH (Unplug and plug usb cable fix it)
    • A little battery drain
    • You tell me

HOW TO INSTALL
    1. packages
    2. install steps
    • unlock bootloader
    • flash twrp, 3.3.1-0 version (Thanks skittlesvampir)
    • flash lineageos 16.0 ( https://xdaforums.com/mi-9t/development/unofficial-t3957901 )
    • flash sailfish and reboot to system, if error7 when flashing, try again
    • Note, skip login to jolla store when first bootup, otherwise it will show "Problem with network", this is a know bug, a reboot can resolve.
    • if keep bootloop, fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img under fastboot mode

Thanks

Bug report & Source
    Github https://github.com/sailfish-on-davinci/issues/issues

Donate
    https://www.paypal.me/birdzhang
    How about this update? Possible as daily driver?
    Has battery drain issue.

Currently there is no fingerprint support on community port devices.
    runs great ... a mega start ..