• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SailfishOS on Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 (latte)

Search This thread

hptouchev

Dec 1, 2016
Camera has not been fixed, but audio is fine. I still use this device on sailfish, and it updates to the latest sailfish 3.3.0 16 with new builds of mesa etc.

Is the sailfish os better compared to the lineage/miui (ignoring the camera issue).
Does the battery last well ?
I haven't used this device in years, but last I remember some (video related) apps were having issues because of the x86 cpu, is the situation better with android apps and x86 now.

Last edited:

yun_xda

Apr 11, 2021
Can you tell me whats not working on the current latest version (or the version you are using)?
And is widevine fix working, or not needed? So can you watch Netflix and Prime Video in HD?
Hello, I am currently using the latest version 4.1.0.24, I only know that there are some hardware does not work, and some small bugs.For example, Bluetooth does not work, the camera does not work, the device has no sound, there is a problem with charging recognition, the display sometimes splits, the screen sometimes lights up normally, and USB is not recognized by the computer. By the way, 3.0 has sound, but the video picture is not friendly. By the way, I'm just an ordinary user, and I don't know what widevine is. I hope it helps you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fr1day_13

Mar 10, 2021
Android Wear
lol, that sounds like nothing is working at all.
Why are you using that unfinished rom then? There is for example LineageOS, working pretty great or multirom as well as xiaomi.eu or the original rom in english.
widevine L3 is needed for netflix in HD and offline mode and there is a fix for android 5.1 (or only miui rom?)

thanks for your response! Now i know that its not worth trying this rom.

yun_xda

Apr 11, 2021
lol, that sounds like nothing is working at all.
Why are you using that unfinished rom then? There is for example LineageOS, working pretty great or multirom as well as xiaomi.eu or the original rom in english.
widevine L3 is needed for netflix in HD and offline mode and there is a fix for android 5.1 (or only miui rom?)

thanks for your response! Now i know that its not worth trying this rom.
Yes, lineageOS works better on this device, but I just want a Jolla tablet, which is fun.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SailfishOS on the Mi Pad 2 (latte).

Myself and eugenio_g7 are working at porting SailfishOS to the Mi Pad 2. Currently much is working, wifi, BT, audio, video playback, and also much is broken. Sensors work but are a little slow to respond, video playback is hardware decoded decoded, no camera (just like lineageos).

Images are available on the porters-ci server at https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porters-ci/latte-ci/pipelines

Instructions
    Flash TWRP
    Flash CM 13.0
    Download the latest 'artifact' from the build server
    Extract the flashable .zip from the artifact .zip
    Transfer the flashable zip to the Mipad2
    Use TWRP to flash SailfishOS
    Reboot

As a preview, see https://twitter.com/adampigg/status/1088178539835346944

Screenshots
    Screenshot-20190317-001.png

Screenshot-20190317-002.png