• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sammobile Free Account SLOW DOWNLOAD

Search This thread

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
Did the non-premium download became really slow? Last time I remember when I got COG2, it was still pretty decent with average full DL time of about 20-30 mins.
I tried downloading the 1.8GB DOK2 last night and it is showing me 10 hrs to complete. When I check the note, its saying up to 15kb/s download for free account.

That same night, I downloaded a 1.4GB custom ROM from our development community and it didn't even take 5 mins to finish.
Is sammobile the only source of official fw downloads? 15kb/s is like giving us no choice but to get a premium account so we can download the official firmware faster.

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
Did the non-premium download became really slow? Last time I remember when I got COG2, it was still pretty decent with average full DL time of about 20-30 mins.
I tried downloading the 1.8GB DOK2 last night and it is showing me 10 hrs to complete. When I check the note, its saying up to 15kb/s download for free account.

That same night, I downloaded a 1.4GB custom ROM from our development community and it didn't even take 5 mins to finish.
Is sammobile the only source of official fw downloads? 15kb/s is like giving us no choice but to get a premium account so we can download the official firmware faster.

I'd say main "trusted" place

Just Google the firmware name, others will show up. I know of at least one that is pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blacktaff

dork997

Mar 31, 2012

same here i have been trying to download a firmware for 2 days lol....the other option is android file host. didnt work for me...but u can try

eladkarako

Jul 12, 2012
Westminster
eladkarako.com
x3+ times faster downloads from sammobile - NO PREMIUM!!!

logout and login to your free sammobile account, in Google Chrome (not Firefox!)

look for your firmware, pass through all the screens (confirm, 30sec waiting, up until the download button)

once you've got your download link,
click to start downloading through Google-Chrome,
(it will start to slowly download, as usual...)

click CTRL+J to go to the download-section, and right click the currently downloaded firmware, copy the URL, keep it somewhere (notepad++....).

close the download section (let it keep download slowly for now...)
go back to the last download page, the one with the download button (on sammobile)

click F12 to open-up the Chrome's developer's console.

type:
document.cookie [and press ENTER]

copy the text-value between the "......." (not including the "" themselves).
keep it too, somewhere...

type navigator.userAgent (ENTER)
and copy the value too (again without the " " wrapping)

assuming you have a multipart-download-manager,
for example orbitdownloader, flash-download (or aria2c which is free, but command-line based..).

use the copied URL as your download link (don't start downloading yet!)

for the referrer-page - copy and paste the URL of the sammobile download-page, the one with the download button.

use the cookie value, you've previously copied, paste the text value to the download manager.

paste the user-agent you've previously copied,

and you're almost done...
set the "split parts" to 3 (you can try up until 5 parts which will work fine...)

quickly switch to Google Chrome, and cancel the download,
switch back (quickly!) to the download manager and start downloading.

after few seconds,
you should be downloading from sammobile x3 times faster (up until x5 times faster)
rates will be about 900kbps but WILL fluctuate while connections will be closed and re-opened
(this is why you should keep things stable and keep the split up to 3..)

explanation:
what you are doing essentially is copying your sammobile login-credentials,
your session ID (which WILL be expired if you won't use it with any open connections after 2 minutes) and few others unique identifications (all by copying the cookie).

the user-agent and the referrer texts are to fool the anti-downloader rules,
sammobile server used, making your download manager look like an innocent browser.

- - - -

alternatively try looking it up through http://updato.com/
- you can even copy and paste the download URL into your multipart-download manager for an extra speed,
but since updato is not requiring login or limiting you in any way you don't need to do the cookie/referrer thing.

- - - - -

here is how it would look like on orbitdownloader (an old version..)

QCjzh8t.png

NzsRzJl.png

hope it will help anyone... :]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd say main "trusted" place

Just Google the firmware name, others will show up. I know of at least one that is pay.
    Or you can use "Internet Download Manager" on pc.I download with full speed

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk