• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SamPWND]USA Model BL Unlock Info [U/U1/W]

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Note: This Thread is @svetius Approved!

SamPWND Bootloader Unlock Service

Note2: This is an informational thread that links to a paid service. Paid service is not a service provided by XDA.

The service described in this thread is simply to provide a remote service that will unlock the bootloader on USA Samsung devices released from the S10 and newer devices. This includes S10, N10, S20, N20, S21, Flip/Fold models, Tab S7 etc. devices which typically will have the letter U, U1, W or in some carrier specific cases might have a different letter, for example, N976V is Verizon N10! 5G model which is also unlockable. This service is not for Exynos variants or China/HK variants that are already unlockable by default.

Due to the nature of this service, there is no exploit that exists. It is also device specific so it is impossible to release any sort of exploit or method that would work on every device due to it being device specific. I will explain more of the process below but please understand that individual files are needed for me to purchase to unlock your devices and of course that is why this service is not able to be provided for free. You all know from my past experiences and posts that if I could provide a free method I would have already done so.

1. First you should be sure to read the FAQ's and all other information on the website and in this thread etc. then be 100% sure that unlocking is what you want to do. Read the notes/disclaimers, refund policy, etc. etc.

2. If you decide unlocking through this service is what you want to do, proceed to the website https://www.sampwnd.com and in the menu go to the "Purchase" tab.

3. Be sure to read each step clearly and enter in accurate information. Form is designed to help walk you though getting your OneUI version, bootloader version, the correct DID etc. etc. It also includes a brief description of the refund policy as well as a signature box to sign just iindicating that you have read everything and agree. This is also done so that if you are on a device or a specific update/bootloader version that cannot be unlocked then it will tell you so and will not allow you to make a payment or will show 0$. If you can unlock your device, it will show you the price and allow you to make a payment once you have completed the form.

4. It will take 1-2 business days (not counting weekends, holidays, as well as life events such as if I get sick or life happens or my source is not available at the time etc.) to have the payment hit my bank account at which time I will send to my source to obtain your unlock "token."

5. Once token is received, I will proceed to message you on Telegram or Discord (whichever you prefer, you have the option to leave your username for both when filling out the form) and will send Instrucitons in a txt file along with modded ODIN (in case you don't already have it) as well as your unlock token so that you can unlock your device at your earliest convenience!

I wanted to try and keep the XDA threads short and clean so any notes or FAQ's you have questions for I suggest you view the website including the FAQ's first as well as the support group on TG is a good place to talk to others who have already unlocked or planning to unlock using this service as well as you can ask in this thread as usual.

The "Purchase Form" on the website when filled out correctly based on your device will tell you if your device is unlockable or not so fill that out first and if unlockable it will tell you the price at the end of which you can either pay or not depending on what you decide!

-IMPORTANT - Do NOT blindly update if you are unlocked already or if you plan to unlock your bootloader via this service. Sammy has incremented the bootloader and updated some devices to OneUI 3.1 which breaks the BL unlock. Devices still on the same rev (i.e. S20 at time of this writing) then you can just flash back an older OneUI firmware and device will be unlocked again. If you update to OneUI 3.1 on new bootloader version then you likely will lost the unlock and can't downgrade (i.e. S20FE on rev2/3, N20 and S21 Models on rev2). That said, there are some devs posting some "safe" update files to allow you to update to latest firmware without losing your unlock so before taking any updates always check in the support group first. You have been warned!
- This method will unlock the bootloader allowing you to use custom firmware, custom kernels and everything else that is allowed with an unlocked bootloader including Magisk root.
- Please read the policies on the website including refund policy. Proceeding with the unlock service assumes you have read everything including the policies and decided to continue with the service.
- This DOES NOT unlock your SIM or carrier/network. it is NOT a SIM unlock.
- This process modifies the steady partition. Therefore if you end up messing with this partition or get another remote service such as combo flash or sim unlock service etc. that messes with the steady partition then you might overwrite the unlock and essentially relock the bootloader. Chances are if you have no idea what a steady partition is then I would not worry about it at all.
- Knox will be tripped. This means apps that rely on Knox flag not being tripped will no longer work i.e. Secure Folder, Samsung Pay etc.
- Once the device is unlocked, if for whatever reason it is locked again then it cannot be unlocked anymore. So make sure that once you unlock the bootloader that this is the choice you want to make and you want it unlocked.
- This service is strictly to unlock the bootloader. It is not a root thread, ROM service etc. What you choose to do with your device after being unlocked is your choice. Once device is unlocked, this thread/service will have served it's purpose. Links to other threads sources will likely be provided in another post just so users who are unlocking will have an easy reference and to keep this thread clean.

If you have any complaints about the service or want to provide feedback then please do so via PM and/or the contact page on the website or via TG/Discord if we have already spoke there etc. Do not bother the forum moderators with complaints regarding the service itself because they are not affiliated with the service and I simply got permission to post about and talk about the service. I assume this isn't something usually granted but I'd like to believe due to me being a long time member, contributor, developer and moderator that an exception was made. Keep in mind, if this somehow get's out of hand or goes south I am sure I will end up having to delete this thread. Let's not let it get to that point!

- This is not a get rich quick scheme or something to make money. Trust me, I wouldn't even bother with this if my purpose was to make money because it is not very lucrative to say the least. There is cost involved with purchasing the actual unlock, site costs, payment gateway fees to be able to accept payments, time and effort to process the unlocks etc. so take all of that into consideration when weighing the cost.
- It has been years since USA models had a device that could be unlocked. I have spent countless weeks researching security since the S8. I released root methods for S8 devices as well as the S9/N9 devices at a later time which took a long time to figure out and that was just a basic root method. I was skeptical at first about this unlock process but trusted my sources and when I first unlocked my device I did various testing and concluded it is legit! At this time no one else knew about it, couldn't talk about it, etc. By word of mouth (until now), many devs/users have unlocked their device using this service. TWRP threads have popped up, some custom ROM threads have started popping up etc. The hope of going public is we get a lot more users purchasing and unlocking their devices (when it otherwise is not possible) and drives the development for USA devices.

XDA is the ONLY place I have published this post and would like to keep it that way. You are NOT allowed to create your own posts in regards to this service and if I see any other posts around this service I will ask to have it removed. You can however link to this XDA post if anyone has questions as to how your device was unlocked.

Note: If you frequented the website before, I have removed the "forum" function from the website since we can discuss everything here on XDA in this thread so there is no need for a forum to be attached to my website any longer. Registration on the website is not required for anything. You can view the shop and purchase the service or view the ROM's section to see some of my SamPWND ROM's and download them etc. if you like all without registering or anything.

https://www.sampwnd.com

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Last edited:
Reactions: jnip

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Updates

1/9/2021:
- This ssrvice is provided by myself with support from @me2151
- We are not associated with others providing similar services on here.
- Website/Stripe is used for secure payments to be processed from the website. If you want to use a less secure method such as Paypal or Transferwise then send me a PM or join the support group or even contact through website contact form or chat and we can work something out.

Last edited:

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
Awesome and fast service! I unlocked my s10e (sm-g970u) the next day after I requested and paid. It's a great feeling to have an unlocked bootloader on my U variant phone!

el7145

Mar 21, 2012
NY
Wow, this is great, Thanks for providing this...i don't have one of these devices yet, but I will, and it's great to know I can be bootloader unlocked
Thanks

zplit

Dec 28, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got my unlocked s20U done in a day about a month or so ago. Great service, they work fast and help is there when needed. Very happy and very satisfied.

JDBarlow

Aug 27, 2010
White Oak, TX
Unlocked my S20 Ultra 5G the week of Thanksgiving. Once payment was made and verified service was quick and painless :)
200% satisfied and would recommend if you're wanting the freedom to use YOUR device how you want too!!

cerj

Recognized Themer
Nov 1, 2012
NOLA
I haven't owned a Note since the Note 3, until I read about your Bootloader Unlock for the US snap. As soon as I saw all the XDA Developers in the Telegram chat that were already unlocked, I didn't hesitate, I immediately bought a Note 10 plus (N975U1) and contacted you. Within a few days I was Unlocked, Rooted and TWRP'd. The process was simple and fast. I am so happy to have a Rooted Note again, Thank you @elliwigy and @afaneh92

malimukk

Aug 20, 2012
How is this different from people selling their EDL enabled accounts as a service to flash bricked Xiaomi phones? They are not allowed to even advertise their services at XDA, why are you different compared to them? To be clear, I absolutely support your initiative and I am very happy that this service exists. However, the XDA rules sometimes seem unfair.

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
How is this different from people selling their EDL enabled accounts as a service to flash bricked Xiaomi phones? They are not allowed to even advertise their services at XDA, why are you different compared to them? To be clear, I absolutely support your initiative and I am very happy that this service exists. However, the XDA rules sometimes seem unfair.

I don't know those other people but off the bat selling actual accounts doesnt sound right lol.

2coolium

Feb 21, 2015
What are the chances that something like what happened with the note 8 (exynos) happens and the bootloader relocks itself?

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
What are the chances that something like what happened with the note 8 (exynos) happens and the bootloader relocks itself?

I dont know what you mean.. exynos are unlockable out of the box so u can just unlock it again? I hope anyone considering the service to read all the info available including the store policies. Hasnt been one person yet that had issues with it "relocking" so far. Except me on one of my devixes but i was researching lol youd have to almost go out of ur way and know what ur doing to relock it lol

JDBarlow

Aug 27, 2010
White Oak, TX
Would it be possible to relock bootloader if i decided to and how it could be done?
Yes it's possible to re-lock but Knox will still have been tripped I'm pretty sure. Why would you want to lock it
Edit: per @elliwigy
- Once the device is unlocked, if for whatever reason it is locked again then it cannot be unlocked anymore. So make sure that once you unlock the bootloader that this is the choice you want to make and you want it unlocked.

Reactions: elliwigy

boybkol

Jan 5, 2016
Jacksonville
I like to trade up every time samsung releases new galaxy s series, saves me money than paying for the whole amount. If it's bootloader unlocked, I'm afraid i can't do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I came to this website today and i was greeted with an subscribe message overlaying entire page so i coudl not do anything.
    Then i attempted to click purchase button and i noticed messages pop allover from CHAT popup and "someone purchase something" popup.
    Then i looked at the purchase steps and it was the last straw.
    Website requires too much personal information.
    It requires you to have accounts with websites you dont even have, so go create an account there first ?

Too many red flags, stay away if you wan to live.
    I dont care who's name is behind this website, the way it operates is a red flag with every step you make.
    Must be designed by same tool set scammers often use. Flashing crap at you allover, getting anoying making you want to give them what they want just to you can finally see the "finish" button.

Very sketchy website.
    not sure what device/browser u are using but if u click around top left corner u can bypass that screen to subscribe or w.e.. same on mobile just tap upper left corner somewhere.. it also doesnt pop up after your first visit unless u use other device/browser etc.

Also, you dont have to sign up anywhere to purchase a token and there is literally 0 ads.. the form asks for basic info needed to determine if ur device is unlockable or not as well as contact info in case u purchase a token so we can send it to you when its ready..

the policies and stuff when filling out the form is simply to prevent fraud and ensure ppl understand what they are buying and the information they entered is correct or not..

so ultimately, if you dont want to subscribe (which you only need to provide an email really) then the only personal info u need to put in the form is your name and email then the rest is device info and yes/no options.

it doesnt require any accounts from any websites you dont have so not sure what u mean there..

theres literally only a small box in the corner showing recent visitors and purchases that are from real customers and those that do subscribe can vouch here that ive never sent any sort of emails or anything really but in the event theres an updatw or new devices are added or w.e the case ppl can sign up and i can shoot out a notification email letting them know.. for example ppl subscribe and tell me to update them if newer security can be done..

to add, I dont claim to be an expert website designer either.. but I am glad you hate it lol. ive seen a lot worse sites.
    Note: This Thread is @svetius Approved!

SamPWND Bootloader Unlock Service

Note2: This is an informational thread that links to a paid service. Paid service is not a service provided by XDA.

The service described in this thread is simply to provide a remote service that will unlock the bootloader on USA Samsung devices released from the S10 and newer devices. This includes S10, N10, S20, N20, S21, Flip/Fold models, Tab S7 etc. devices which typically will have the letter U, U1, W or in some carrier specific cases might have a different letter, for example, N976V is Verizon N10! 5G model which is also unlockable. This service is not for Exynos variants or China/HK variants that are already unlockable by default.

Due to the nature of this service, there is no exploit that exists. It is also device specific so it is impossible to release any sort of exploit or method that would work on every device due to it being device specific. I will explain more of the process below but please understand that individual files are needed for me to purchase to unlock your devices and of course that is why this service is not able to be provided for free. You all know from my past experiences and posts that if I could provide a free method I would have already done so.

1. First you should be sure to read the FAQ's and all other information on the website and in this thread etc. then be 100% sure that unlocking is what you want to do. Read the notes/disclaimers, refund policy, etc. etc.

2. If you decide unlocking through this service is what you want to do, proceed to the website https://www.sampwnd.com and in the menu go to the "Purchase" tab.

3. Be sure to read each step clearly and enter in accurate information. Form is designed to help walk you though getting your OneUI version, bootloader version, the correct DID etc. etc. It also includes a brief description of the refund policy as well as a signature box to sign just iindicating that you have read everything and agree. This is also done so that if you are on a device or a specific update/bootloader version that cannot be unlocked then it will tell you so and will not allow you to make a payment or will show 0$. If you can unlock your device, it will show you the price and allow you to make a payment once you have completed the form.

4. It will take 1-2 business days (not counting weekends, holidays, as well as life events such as if I get sick or life happens or my source is not available at the time etc.) to have the payment hit my bank account at which time I will send to my source to obtain your unlock "token."

5. Once token is received, I will proceed to message you on Telegram or Discord (whichever you prefer, you have the option to leave your username for both when filling out the form) and will send Instrucitons in a txt file along with modded ODIN (in case you don't already have it) as well as your unlock token so that you can unlock your device at your earliest convenience!

I wanted to try and keep the XDA threads short and clean so any notes or FAQ's you have questions for I suggest you view the website including the FAQ's first as well as the support group on TG is a good place to talk to others who have already unlocked or planning to unlock using this service as well as you can ask in this thread as usual.

The "Purchase Form" on the website when filled out correctly based on your device will tell you if your device is unlockable or not so fill that out first and if unlockable it will tell you the price at the end of which you can either pay or not depending on what you decide!

-IMPORTANT - Do NOT blindly update if you are unlocked already or if you plan to unlock your bootloader via this service. Sammy has incremented the bootloader and updated some devices to OneUI 3.1 which breaks the BL unlock. Devices still on the same rev (i.e. S20 at time of this writing) then you can just flash back an older OneUI firmware and device will be unlocked again. If you update to OneUI 3.1 on new bootloader version then you likely will lost the unlock and can't downgrade (i.e. S20FE on rev2/3, N20 and S21 Models on rev2). That said, there are some devs posting some "safe" update files to allow you to update to latest firmware without losing your unlock so before taking any updates always check in the support group first. You have been warned!
    - This method will unlock the bootloader allowing you to use custom firmware, custom kernels and everything else that is allowed with an unlocked bootloader including Magisk root.
    - Please read the policies on the website including refund policy. Proceeding with the unlock service assumes you have read everything including the policies and decided to continue with the service.
    - This DOES NOT unlock your SIM or carrier/network. it is NOT a SIM unlock.
    - This process modifies the steady partition. Therefore if you end up messing with this partition or get another remote service such as combo flash or sim unlock service etc. that messes with the steady partition then you might overwrite the unlock and essentially relock the bootloader. Chances are if you have no idea what a steady partition is then I would not worry about it at all.
    - Knox will be tripped. This means apps that rely on Knox flag not being tripped will no longer work i.e. Secure Folder, Samsung Pay etc.
    - This service is strictly to unlock the bootloader. It is not a root thread, ROM service etc. What you choose to do with your device after being unlocked is your choice. Once device is unlocked, this thread/service will have served it's purpose. Links to other threads sources will likely be provided in another post just so users who are unlocking will have an easy reference and to keep this thread clean.

If you have any complaints about the service or want to provide feedback then please do so via PM and/or the contact page on the website or via TG/Discord if we have already spoke there etc. Do not bother the forum moderators with complaints regarding the service itself because they are not affiliated with the service and I simply got permission to post about and talk about the service. I assume this isn't something usually granted but I'd like to believe due to me being a long time member, contributor, developer and moderator that an exception was made. Keep in mind, if this somehow get's out of hand or goes south I am sure I will end up having to delete this thread. Let's not let it get to that point!

- This is not a get rich quick scheme or something to make money. Trust me, I wouldn't even bother with this if my purpose was to make money because it is not very lucrative to say the least. There is cost involved with purchasing the actual unlock, site costs, payment gateway fees to be able to accept payments, time and effort to process the unlocks etc. so take all of that into consideration when weighing the cost.
    - It has been years since USA models had a device that could be unlocked. I have spent countless weeks researching security since the S8. I released root methods for S8 devices as well as the S9/N9 devices at a later time which took a long time to figure out and that was just a basic root method. I was skeptical at first about this unlock process but trusted my sources and when I first unlocked my device I did various testing and concluded it is legit! At this time no one else knew about it, couldn't talk about it, etc. By word of mouth (until now), many devs/users have unlocked their device using this service. TWRP threads have popped up, some custom ROM threads have started popping up etc. The hope of going public is we get a lot more users purchasing and unlocking their devices (when it otherwise is not possible) and drives the development for USA devices.

XDA is the ONLY place I have published this post and would like to keep it that way. You are NOT allowed to create your own posts in regards to this service and if I see any other posts around this service I will ask to have it removed. You can however link to this XDA post if anyone has questions as to how your device was unlocked.

Note: If you frequented the website before, I have removed the "forum" function from the website since we can discuss everything here on XDA in this thread so there is no need for a forum to be attached to my website any longer. Registration on the website is not required for anything. You can view the shop and purchase the service or view the ROM's section to see some of my SamPWND ROM's and download them etc. if you like all without registering or anything.

https://www.sampwnd.com
    Yes, it has been taking longer.

There has been an increase in people getting unlocked and its mainly me working on it. I do have a full time job and work has been crazy busy so during the day I am only able to do unlock stuff here and there between my regular job on breaks and what not.

To top it off a lot of users fail to read the necessary information and FAQs and don't ask when they don't understand something so a lot of the time they don't post their DID (either post phone number, meid, sim card number, nothing at all etc.) which creates more work since I have to reach out to them to get their info. Then some users don't post their tg or discord username so I have to email them and track them down.

Then to top it off Samsung threw in a curveball by incrementing bootloader on s21 and n20 devices and currently rev2 is not supported so before purchasing from source I am having to confirm with each person who got an unlock to see what firmware they are on. I do this since I can fully refund if they end up not being able to unlock vs. if I paid source then found out I would be paying out of pocket to refund lol.

That said, I like to get all orders from the day and send to source at once because its easier to track and reducues taxes/fees.

I have been trying to send the ones I know are good to go to source as they come then those who didnt provide all the info I get to last etc. but it's been difficukt time wise as I typically have muktiple conversations going at once.

I am working on a better form/process to weed out those that cant unlock before they purchase but with time condtraints I havent got it set up yet.

Also, if there is any app developers out there that can help me that would be great. I can pay something or give a free unlock or some sort of deal. App development isn't my cup of tea but would be nice to have an app that can get all the info I need and they can purchase from an app or something. Ideally app can get the DID and check device/firmware version to say if its unlockable then if it is can ourchase from the app which will then send the info to me. That would cut back a lot of time lol.

This is my first time doing this sort of thing so im learning as I go!
    I don't see any info regarding the pricing.
    approximate $120-150, that's why you don't see it. It would be much more convenient for almost everyone if this information was available before submitting the request form
    Updates

1/9/2021:
    - This ssrvice is provided by myself with support from @me2151
    - We are not associated with others providing similar services on here.
    - Website/Stripe is used for secure payments to be processed from the website. If you want to use a less secure method such as Paypal or Transferwise then send me a PM or join the support group or even contact through website contact form or chat and we can work something out.

I don't know those other people but off the bat selling actual accounts doesnt sound right lol.