Samsung A11 got android 12 and I want to flash it (help)

Search This thread

????.??

Jan 21, 2020
So I first bought my Samsung a11 as an android 10 model,

I then flashed it after I bought it with an open-line android 11 version and got twrp and root. This was a year ago I think.

Now they released the final update for this Samsung phone model, and I want to at least get the latest and last version of my phone.

But I kinda forgot how to do the procedures again.

So my question is does flashing the new android version firmware using odin remove TWRP installed on my device?

my phone model is: A115FXXU2BUJ2 (android 11)
the firmware I want to install: A115FXXU3CV13 (android 12)

if so what do I need to do in order to successfully have both the new firmware I want to install and twrp installed on my device? (i kinda know how to root using twrp and magisk so no problems here)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
So I first bought my Samsung a11 as an android 10 model,

I then flashed it after I bought it with an open-line android 11 version and got twrp and root. This was a year ago I think.

Now they released the final update for this Samsung phone model, and I want to at least get the latest and last version of my phone.

But I kinda forgot how to do the procedures again.

So my question is does flashing the new android version firmware using odin remove TWRP installed on my device?

my phone model is: A115FXXU2BUJ2 (android 11)
the firmware I want to install: A115FXXU3CV13 (android 12)

if so what do I need to do in order to successfully have both the new firmware I want to install and twrp installed on my device? (i kinda know how to root using twrp and magisk so no problems here)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Yes, flashing the update via Odin will remove TWRP and root, it will also, more than likely, lock your bootloader, then you won't be able to reinstall TWRP or root the device unless you unlock the bootloader, if it can be unlocked.

????.??

Jan 21, 2020
Yes, flashing the update via Odin will remove TWRP and root, it will also, more than likely, lock your bootloader, then you won't be able to reinstall TWRP or root the device unless you unlock the bootloader, if it can be unlocked.
My phone's bootloader is already unlocked, after flashing the updated android version firmware will the bootloader become lock again? and how do i avoid rmm and frp lock?(just incase this happens)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
My phone's bootloader is already unlocked, after flashing the updated android version firmware will the bootloader become lock again? and how do i avoid rmm and frp lock?(just incase this happens)
If the bootloader in the update is a securely locked bootloader, it will probably have locked bootloader after flashing and might not be able to be unlocked. That was the whole point of me warning you in my last post. Now I've had to post again just to say the same thing that I already said. I guess I was talking to the wind.

There is no way to know what the results will be after updating unless you find someone that has already updated the exact same model number of A11 or bite the bullet and update yours then see what you get.

Reactions: ????.??

????.??

Jan 21, 2020
If the bootloader in the update is a securely locked bootloader, it will probably have locked bootloader after flashing and might not be able to be unlocked. That was the whole point of me warning you in my last post. Now I've had to post again just to say the same thing that I already said. I guess I was talking to the wind.

There is no way to know what the results will be after updating unless you find someone that has already updated the exact same model number of A11 or bite the bullet and update yours then see what you get.
I see, looks like i need to find someone who have done it and see if it works. I didnt get what you mean about after flashing, it might have a chance to lock the bootloader depends on the update. I think ill just try and see what happens. Thank you.

innergat

Jan 22, 2023
I dont know guys with that phone but there should be a tool that bypass auth and unlock the bootloader in any case. I ONLY knows MTK devices, not sure about that samsung i use a .Bat file.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I see, looks like i need to find someone who have done it and see if it works. I didnt get what you mean about after flashing, it might have a chance to lock the bootloader depends on the update. I think ill just try and see what happens. Thank you.
No, I said that after the update, it could cause the bootloader to be locked and then may not be unlockable from that point on. It depends on the bootloader in the update. If this happens, you will be unable to install TWRP or root via Magisk. That is why you need to confirm whether or not flashing the update will relock the bootloader during the flashing process and, if it does, whether or not it can be unlocked again after the update.

In other words, look at exactly what you are about to jump into before you make the jump because you might land in the one place that you absolutely do not want to land.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont know guys with that phone but there should be a tool that bypass auth and unlock the bootloader in any case. I ONLY knows MTK devices, not sure about that samsung i use a .Bat file.
    No, I said that after the update, it could cause the bootloader to be locked and then may not be unlockable from that point on. It depends on the bootloader in the update. If this happens, you will be unable to install TWRP or root via Magisk. That is why you need to confirm whether or not flashing the update will relock the bootloader during the flashing process and, if it does, whether or not it can be unlocked again after the update.

In other words, look at exactly what you are about to jump into before you make the jump because you might land in the one place that you absolutely do not want to land.