Samsung A20e help please

Search This thread

nottynote10+

Dec 13, 2019
Please help me...
My Mrs accidentally dropped her A20E in the bath for like 3 seconds, knowing it isn't a waterproof device i knew it was only a matter of time till we started to see issues....

Long story short her power button stopped working but she was still able to wake up the screen and unlock it with the fingerprint scanner on the back.

She let her phone die this week and pressed volume down and power and it went into recovery mode, but now we cant get it out of that mode as i cant select reboot device as the power button doesn't work. if i hold power and volume down together it vibrates and goes back into recovery mode.

I've tried connecting it to Samsung kies but i wont read it.

Is there anything i can do to get her phone back up and running normally??
Many thanks in advance for any help given

RVR

Recognized Contributor
Please help me...
My Mrs accidentally dropped her A20E in the bath for like 3 seconds, knowing it isn't a waterproof device i knew it was only a matter of time till we started to see issues....

Long story short her power button stopped working but she was still able to wake up the screen and unlock it with the fingerprint scanner on the back.

She let her phone die this week and pressed volume down and power and it went into recovery mode, but now we cant get it out of that mode as i cant select reboot device as the power button doesn't work. if i hold power and volume down together it vibrates and goes back into recovery mode.

I've tried connecting it to Samsung kies but i wont read it.

Is there anything i can do to get her phone back up and running normally??
Many thanks in advance for any help given
You can try using adb.
For that ,
Download and install adb from https://www.xda-developers.com/what-is-adb/
Connect your phone
Open the terminal/command prompt/powershell

Type
Code:
 adb devices
It should show a device ID and beside that "recovery" . If it shows any output , you can go forward

Finally type
Code:
adb reboot

That should boot your device into the OS.

Good Luck! Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Last edited:

nottynote10+

Dec 13, 2019
You can try using adb.
For that ,
Download and install adb from https://www.xda-developers.com/what-is-adb/
Connect your phone
Open the terminal/command prompt/powershell

Type
Code:
 adb devices
It should show a device ID and beside that "recovery" . If it shows any output , you can go forward

Finally type
Code:
adb reboot

That should boot your device into the OS.

Good Luck! Keep me posted. Happy to help!

This is what i get when i do that

adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:2
+ adb devices
+ ~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (adb:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command adb was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\adb". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\platform-tools>

RVR

Recognized Contributor
This is what i get when i do that

adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:2
+ adb devices
+ ~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (adb:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command adb was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\adb". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\platform-tools>
follow the commands with .\adb devices and .\adb reboot.
You can PM me for any more assistance on this . I completely missed this notification. Sorry for the late response