Samsung A50 (SM-A505FN) *only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery)*

Search This thread

ritarirane

Nov 21, 2021
Hey,
I unlocked bootloader, then went to flash/root my phone, and it said "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery)*".
I then flashed stock firmware and it still said the same thing, now i have flashed stock once more, booted the phone and went through the start questions/settings for my phone, i inserted a sim, took it off, connected to wifi, do i need to let it sit for 168hours now and then go and try to root my phone again via Odin? Freshly flashed firmware phone says "OEM unocking = Bootloader alreay unlocked" and is grey, so i just need to wait now?

Last edited:

ben.marks

Jul 23, 2010
I just experienced this myself, unlocked bootloader on the stock ROM Android9 BIT1, but then flashed a more recent stock ROM Android 10 BIT5. Ended up having to ensure OEM was checked and showing in dev options on the new ROM despite it already saying 'Unlocked' in Download mode after enabling it on Android 9 BIT1 ROM.
Even on Wi-fi it didn't show up, but disabling auto date/time, turning off wi-fi, turning on wi-fi, reenabling auto data/time made it appear again