Samsung and Quality

Search This thread

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
Just a quick report of my journey buying a S8 without any issues in Germany. I had now 5 S8 midnight blacks here. Every one had atleast one issue of rhe following.

Yellow tint or green tint with non uniform white. Not removable by white balance correction. Light leak above front cam and iris sensor or at edges of the glas. Bixby and power buttons were also often too loose.

I have now written a message to the office of Samsung Germanys CEO Office complaining about their Quality Control. I think im done now. Its really annoying. This is in my opinion not acceptable for a premium phone. Its impossible to find a phone that has not at least one of this issues and i fear that S9 wont be better.

snippem

May 25, 2015
Lol and they confirmed all of these defects?
Mann when I hear this I am so happy with my s8+ coming from a one plus 5.
Bet you wouldn't succeed having 5 swaps with the customer service of one plus.

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
It was at 5 different shops but they all said that this should not happen. Before i had a sony and there was everything fine from the beginning.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
I will at least comment on a few of these
I have not any of the screen tint issues but my device was made in november of 2017 so a later production
But my biggest things is the power button feeling loose.....I like this...AS in the past on sammy devices i have owned and i mean all of them the power button eventually feels so tight and sticky despite taking good care of my devices....In past there was no fix except disassembly The S7 I would run under a tad bit of water to temp clean it and free it up...So IMO the looser buttons are a blessing......But sammy does seem to have a quality control isee here in the last few years it seems
I would also like to add to this
I have only removed my cheap plastic sim tray about 5 times and quite carefully I might add... but despite this it still broke in less than one month of use and sammy says Oh we so sowwy. Physical damage not covered by warranty Please pay 15 dolla fo new sim card tray....
Screw that.. I found metal dual sim trays online for 3 bucks for 2 of them but coming from china take a month to get here......

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
Well i tried it today the last time . was the 6th device. not happy at all.

everything is now fine. no light leak above camera/iris and also buttons are ok. but:

The screen is shifting its white so badly when tilting a bit the device on the Z-axis or Y-axis that this must be a joke. From yellowish normal, to a red/pink hue that goes from botttom to top deping on the amount of the angle, then a bit green and back to yellow. Don't know if this has something maybe with the polarization filter or a coating to do. I had a s7 and this was never a problem there. i wouldnt even care when this would be only for the Y-axis as im not looking from the side to the phone but often from top or bottom. skin tones are fading into green at a specific angle in landscape. When editing photos (whitebalance) i need to have a correct whitebalance for at least some degrees that are in common use.

when i saw at the store a new sony booting up with the white bootscreen then i saw again what is possible with IPS i was shocked what samsung is doing here. its a bit sad because the s8 is a really nice phone. lets see what the s9 will be.