• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Samsung Call Blocking XAP

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land

Attachments

Last edited:

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
yes, I too tried installing it on my Mozart. Deploying worked, actually, but it throws an error when I try to add a number to the blocklist. Hope someone can make this work :)

contable

Oct 25, 2009
yes, I too tried installing it on my Mozart. Deploying worked, actually, but it throws an error when I try to add a number to the blocklist. Hope someone can make this work :)
Same error on my OMNIA 7. It looks like that it´s only for the OMNIA W or the new Focus devices...

mmian

Mar 29, 2011
wait, I can't even get the app to work on my samsung focus, it says, this app is not available for your device...help?

at45

Oct 31, 2008
I installed this just now, with the mod from above, and it starts up, has it's own listing in the programs list, but doesn't actually do anything. When you try to add a number it just returns to the app list (aka crashes). On next start the numbers list is empty. Omnia 7

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Maybe somebody removed ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES from the app's manifest? This app uses a native DLL called SecProxyClient.dll. My guess is that this app needs to call into a driver found on Samsung phones. In order to do that, it'll need ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES specified in its manifest. Maybe try that?

I'm going to see if I can figure out what the app is doing. With luck, it's something I can duplicate on other phones, like a registry edit or some such. If it requires a function that only the Samsung driver has, though, the odds aren't good this side of a custom ROM.

Dammit, I've wanted this feature, too...

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Wrong manifest. It's a capability. It goes in WMAppManifest.xml.

These are pretty basic elements of homebrew or even official WP7 app development, but just to make life easier for people, I'll attach a version with the modification.

Remember that I can't test this app; I have no idea if this will help at all or not. It's a reasonable guess, though. There's also a weird file, just called "_" and containing a string of Hax values. I don't know what it's used for or how important it is.

Attachments

lucasryan

Dec 20, 2010
Tennessee
Wrong manifest. It's a capability. It goes in WMAppManifest.xml.

These are pretty basic elements of homebrew or even official WP7 app development, but just to make life easier for people, I'll attach a version with the modification.

Remember that I can't test this app; I have no idea if this will help at all or not. It's a reasonable guess, though. There's also a weird file, just called "_" and containing a string of Hax values. I don't know what it's used for or how important it is.
Samsung Focus 1st gen, still get error " Failed to save. Application may not work properly."

Here is the site where it talks about it, and when you goto the site to download it says app not found, so they may be having problems with it in general.

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-releases-call-blocking-app-for-its-devices/

Last edited:

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
GoodDayToDie :

I tried it on Focus and it gave me an error when I tried saving a contact with message as

"Failed to Save. Application may not work properly"

at45

Oct 31, 2008
Interesting that GoodDayToDie's mod does change something though. Instead of just exiting it does give that error message now.

I vote we add more things to manifest files!

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone