In WP Land

Attachments

• call_blocking_v1.7.0.0.xap
    244.1 KB · Views: 6,475
Last edited:

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
yes, I too tried installing it on my Mozart. Deploying worked, actually, but it throws an error when I try to add a number to the blocklist. Hope someone can make this work :)

Ludacris

Jul 18, 2009
Vienna
Redeploy the app but Change the HubType from "268435456" to anything else or delete it from the WMAppManifest.xml inside the XAP

mmian

Mar 29, 2011
wait, I can't even get the app to work on my samsung focus, it says, this app is not available for your device...help?

at45

Oct 31, 2008
I installed this just now, with the mod from above, and it starts up, has it's own listing in the programs list, but doesn't actually do anything. When you try to add a number it just returns to the app list (aka crashes). On next start the numbers list is empty. Omnia 7

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Maybe somebody removed ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES from the app's manifest? This app uses a native DLL called SecProxyClient.dll. My guess is that this app needs to call into a driver found on Samsung phones. In order to do that, it'll need ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES specified in its manifest. Maybe try that?

I'm going to see if I can figure out what the app is doing. With luck, it's something I can duplicate on other phones, like a registry edit or some such. If it requires a function that only the Samsung driver has, though, the odds aren't good this side of a custom ROM.

Dammit, I've wanted this feature, too...

garmin2

Jul 13, 2008
Deploy Works in Lg optimus 7 but the App not. I don´t have error messages but don´t save the numbers.
Thanks

at45

Oct 31, 2008
Well, pasting "ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES" into WPInteropManifest.xml doesn't seem to make any difference.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Wrong manifest. It's a capability. It goes in WMAppManifest.xml.

These are pretty basic elements of homebrew or even official WP7 app development, but just to make life easier for people, I'll attach a version with the modification.

Remember that I can't test this app; I have no idea if this will help at all or not. It's a reasonable guess, though. There's also a weird file, just called "_" and containing a string of Hax values. I don't know what it's used for or how important it is.

Attachments

• call_blocking_v1.7.0.0_interop.xap
    238.9 KB · Views: 617

lucasryan

Dec 20, 2010
Tennessee
Wrong manifest. It's a capability. It goes in WMAppManifest.xml.

These are pretty basic elements of homebrew or even official WP7 app development, but just to make life easier for people, I'll attach a version with the modification.

Remember that I can't test this app; I have no idea if this will help at all or not. It's a reasonable guess, though. There's also a weird file, just called "_" and containing a string of Hax values. I don't know what it's used for or how important it is.

Samsung Focus 1st gen, still get error " Failed to save. Application may not work properly."

Here is the site where it talks about it, and when you goto the site to download it says app not found, so they may be having problems with it in general.

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-releases-call-blocking-app-for-its-devices/

Last edited:

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
GoodDayToDie :

I tried it on Focus and it gave me an error when I tried saving a contact with message as

"Failed to Save. Application may not work properly"

at45

Oct 31, 2008
Interesting that GoodDayToDie's mod does change something though. Instead of just exiting it does give that error message now.

I vote we add more things to manifest files!

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It's also using a DLL I've not actually seen before. It might be targeting a driver that's only found in the Focus S or some such silliness.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

Ive got my hands on the new Samsung call blocking app, ive installed it to my HTC Titan. It does fire up but cant do much with it.....

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-releases-call-blocking-app-for-its-devices/

Hopefully someone here can make it work for the rest of us.

Kev

Update..... Ive now uploaded the unchanged xap with the INTEROPSERVICES unchanged
    The official XAP does have ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES, incidentally - whoever removed it from the version in the OP, shame on you. That was there for a reason.

What kind of driver? How about one that hooks into the phone stack? Remember, there's no public API for talking to the phone interface, and apps don't run constantly in the background so they can't look at every incoming call and decide whether to take it or not anyhow. Instead, you need to use native code with sufficient permissions to hook into the software stack used for taking calls, and you need to do it with something that can be queried against at any time. In other words, you need a driver or service (there is a difference, but I don't know enough about CE to be sure what that difference is).

The important point is that drivers and services are typically baked into the ROM. I've tried modifying an existing driver - not even installing a new one, just replacing the DLL with an older version - to no avail. I'll try again if anything new comes up that I haven't done before, but until then, you'll need to hope for a firmware update from Samsung. If the rate at which they provide updates to their Android phones is any indication, don't hold your breath.
    I think this could be interesting, since it works on my HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics 1.21 ROM... :good: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33115264&postcount=7
    English version is available: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33129691&postcount=23
    Q from 3 days ago: still not working on other phones????
    A from 2 days ago: no :-(
    DERP from today: So does this now work on HTC phones ?
    You do the math.
    its stock from rom so you need to patch it first to sideload