• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung DeX and Samsung Flow (with Smart View) on Windows are good.

Search This thread

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
Samsung DeX works great as many of you may already know -- by itself, on Windows, and good enough on macOS.

Samsung Flow is only available on Windows right now and it is borderline fantastic IMO. Some glitches here and there in the screen control app (Smart View), for example the physical keyboard MAY be non-functional while the touchscreen one works fine.

Other than that, Samsung Smart Switch (the backup app) is great as a standalone thing as I described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...th-usb-c-hub-and-external-hard-drive.4292421/

However, Samsung Smart Switch sucks on macOS and Windows. Absolute trash, IMO. First off, I think Apple may be blocking or slowing down the approval of the app on macOS's latest version from what I can gather. Other than that, the Windows version may have some glitches in it that are seriously slowing it down. The direct method of backing the data to an external drive is best. Copy it off the external HDD if you like.

Also, MS YourPhone/Link-to-Windows is okayish but nothing compared to the speed and stability of Samsung Flow. In fact, Your Phone is quite possibly a battery hog, though I'd have to investigate further. Samsung's model with Samsung Flow is near-perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: timofonic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung DeX works great as many of you may already know -- by itself, on Windows, and good enough on macOS.

Samsung Flow is only available on Windows right now and it is borderline fantastic IMO. Some glitches here and there in the screen control app (Smart View), for example the physical keyboard MAY be non-functional while the touchscreen one works fine.

Other than that, Samsung Smart Switch (the backup app) is great as a standalone thing as I described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...th-usb-c-hub-and-external-hard-drive.4292421/

However, Samsung Smart Switch sucks on macOS and Windows. Absolute trash, IMO. First off, I think Apple may be blocking or slowing down the approval of the app on macOS's latest version from what I can gather. Other than that, the Windows version may have some glitches in it that are seriously slowing it down. The direct method of backing the data to an external drive is best. Copy it off the external HDD if you like.

Also, MS YourPhone/Link-to-Windows is okayish but nothing compared to the speed and stability of Samsung Flow. In fact, Your Phone is quite possibly a battery hog, though I'd have to investigate further. Samsung's model with Samsung Flow is near-perfect.