• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Samsung Drivelink DEV needed ***BOUNTY REACHED!!!***

Search This thread

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
Did some sunday-evening pondering and made a new TMServer package for CM10 (i9300). All my tests (without a unit) succeed, e.g. TMServerapp is running, VNC server is reachable. If someone would like to test it on his/her i9300 with CM10 and a mirrorlink headunit, please. Also test with USB debugging tunred off and on. Please report back:

- The device you're using
- CM10 build
- Is TMServerApp.apk running after starting DriveLink and connecting USB? (check with System Tuner or likewise app to show system processes)
- If TMServerApp.apk running, the exact error (or not) from the head unit

Edit: new files here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33733620&postcount=326

If TMServerapp.apk is not starting on i535 or i747, please DM for a procedure to get it running (probably). For testing on other platforms send me a DM for more info. A working stock ROM is required. And keep in mind, this is just another test.Quite busy this week, so don't expect fast answers.

Last edited:

mrjoshzombie

Jul 2, 2010
Very interesting.

Device: SCH-i535
Build: cm_d2vzw-userdebug 4.1.2 JZO54K eng.20121104.022645 test-keys
Is TMServerApp.apk running: It tries to, but force closes
Headunit Error: USB Device is not supported

So, I noticed the USB tethering becomes active, TMServerApp opens up (and then force closes, tries to open again, force closes), and despite getting the error on the headunit, after a moment it begins to almost connect. The screen switches to the circling dots, but the image is never mirrored. I feel like this is getting painfully close to working on CM10 now.

Reactions: j0ep0

texan_ranger

Dec 8, 2010
Enjoying the Progress

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all the hard work.

But just a question, how hard will it be to make the TMServer and drivelink work on the GT-i9100 running CM10. I would like do some testing for you guys. Will have my head unit by Wednesday.

Regards

teXan

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
Very interesting.

Device: SCH-i535
Build: cm_d2vzw-userdebug 4.1.2 JZO54K eng.20121104.022645 test-keys
Is TMServerApp.apk running: It tries to, but force closes
Headunit Error: USB Device is not supported

Thanks for testing. If you have experience with logcats let me know. I really would like to see a logcat of the FC.

Hi Guys,
But just a question, how hard will it be to make the TMServer and drivelink work on the GT-i9100 running CM10. I would like do some testing for you guys. Will have my head unit by Wednesday.

Regards

teXan

I understand your curiosity, but I really can't tell.

Last edited:

gpmIII

Nov 5, 2012
Mansfield
more info on 601/701 sony headunits

One nice thing I did find though if you pair your phone with bluetooth then click on Bluetooth settings for sony automotive you can enable not only calls but audio and that way you can still listen to everything that goes on in your phone such as spoken turn by turn navigation, music, YouTube, Netflix,etc. Still can't wait for official rollout though. I wonder how they will get around the "USB device not supported" error message when plugging in via USB

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The other very cool thing is that if you notice when you use the Bluetooth audio streaming it's much clearer than anything else because when use satellite radio or your iPod they compress the audio which doesn't sound as good the Sony Bluetooth does not compress it at all in anyway so you get direct digital audio sound quality which is phenomenal

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
With much thanks to mrjoshzombie, I've found the reason for the TMServerApp FC'ing after connecting. It was missing some libraries, so I've added it to the installer. It is starting on i535, so I expect it to be starting on i747 as well, that means on 3 CM10 platforms DriveLink is running and TMServer starts. That last one is a step forward, now on to fixing TMServer and see where we end. For the new test I've created some CMW flashable zips containing TMServerapp.apk, Touchwiz framework and (new) TMServer libraries.

Please test and report back:

- CM10 build
- TMServer app behaviour (running, FC'ing or other)
- Logcat (check this thread)

Download i9300: http://www.mediafire.com/?is611vkxabwpzxy
Download i747: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1p6ll93e444l9x
Download i535: http://www.mediafire.com/?b0vbddxz224d0hj

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
With thanks to mrjoshzombie, a pretty quick update. It seems that there's another major step made, but the first tests show that mirrorlink is reported to be working on CM10 on the i535. It has some bugs (not everything is landscape and usb audio not working) which might be fixed in the app, but also when using workarounds. For example, I ran into Car Home Ultra, which looks like it is the app that DriveLink should have been. As far as I know it doesn't support mirrorlink natively, but it has some options (Display orientation, Enable car mode, BT settings) that could fix the bugs present with mirrorlink on CM10.

Looking at this positive results, I invite every CM10 user to try the earlier posted files and report back with the requested details. With every CM10 user I also mean non-S3 owners. Exepct no miracles, but deeper insight is needed in the app functioning on both S3 as well as non-S3 devices. Your feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

texan_ranger

Dec 8, 2010
Assistance in ADB Logcat

Please test and report back:

- CM10 build
- TMServer app behaviour (running, FC'ing or other)
- Logcat (check this thread)

Ok so I managed to get a logcat file saved. Is there a way to only look for the information that you need from the Logcat. I let the Logcat write to file while opening the Drivelink App.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (International GT-i9100)
CM10 Build: cm_i9100-userdebug 4.1.2 JZO54K eng..20121105.011632 test-keys
TMServer app: Not sure on TMServer, drivelink FC'ing
Logcat: see attached file

Attachments

• logcat_6-11-2012.7z
    103.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

mrjoshzombie

Jul 2, 2010
It may just be the latest build of CM10 nightly that isn't allowing the device to rotate. Thanks to the suggestion from j0ep0, installing Rotation Locker from the Play store solved that issue, and I can just force everything into Landscape to use with the headunit.

Right now, my only issue with CM10 and Drivelink is no audio playing. I haven't had a single force close since last night, the app hasn't just stopped working, no memory kills, nothing. We're so close to this working now!

mrjoshzombie

Jul 2, 2010
So, basically, it's nothing with DriveLink, just Cyanogenmod. That's both good and bad news then. Do you think it'd be possible to continue to route audio through bluetooth?

I think, my last request with this, is altering the home button that's displayed on the headunit, to go to the launchers home screen, and not back to drivelink. Then this would be perfect.

Killa200

Jun 11, 2010
So, basically, it's nothing with DriveLink, just Cyanogenmod. That's both good and bad news then. Do you think it'd be possible to continue to route audio through bluetooth?

I think, my last request with this, is altering the home button that's displayed on the headunit, to go to the launchers home screen, and not back to drivelink. Then this would be perfect.

I'm not sure about the 601, but the Sony XAV-701BT forces bluetooth audio off to the phone when starting mirrorlink.

mrjoshzombie

Jul 2, 2010
The 601 does indeed have the same habits, I just wasn't sure of work arounds for it.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Flashed the latest CM10 nightly (1106), still no USB audio, and no amount of trying to switch between Mirrorlink and Bluetooth audio will transmit over bluetooth. It seems it's a headunit restriction, not a phone.

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
Not all the changes afor USB Audio on CM10 are approved, so no support yet. If I understand things correctly, you should get extra options in Settings -> Dock when the changes are approved and committed.

TMServer with altered Home button for testing purposes is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wtbh2t7010814cz. Works on CM10 only. Interested in your test results.

Last edited:

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
Ok so I managed to get a logcat file saved. Is there a way to only look for the information that you need from the Logcat. I let the Logcat write to file while opening the Drivelink App.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (International GT-i9100)
CM10 Build: cm_i9100-userdebug 4.1.2 JZO54K eng..20121105.011632 test-keys
TMServer app: Not sure on TMServer, drivelink FC'ing
Logcat: see attached file

Thanks for your reply and logcat, DriveLink FC'ing is bad news. I've looked into it a bit and I can't fix this on short term. If someone more experienced is reading along, this is what happens:

Logcat:
Code:
[ 11-06 12:13:35.230 13792:13792 W/ResourceType ]
Failure getting entry for 0x7f030030 (t=2 e=48) in package 0 (error -75)

[ 11-06 12:13:35.230 13792:13792 D/AndroidRuntime ]
Shutting down VM

[ 11-06 12:13:35.230 13792:13792 W/dalvikvm ]
threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40df3300)

[ 11-06 12:13:35.230 13792:13792 E/AndroidRuntime ]
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application app.scm.main.ScmApplication: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f030030
	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:4339)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:142)
	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1268)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4931)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:791)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:558)
	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f030030

Resource ID #0x7f030030 is defined in R.jar:
Code:
public static final int vehicle_motion_layout = 2130903088

The error occurs in ScmApplication.smali:
Code:
.method private createPopUp()V
    .locals 15

.prologue
    .line 312
    const-string v11, "layout_inflater"

invoke-virtual {p0, v11}, Lapp/scm/main/ScmApplication;->getSystemService(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;

move-result-object v4

check-cast v4, Landroid/view/LayoutInflater;

.line 314
    .local v4, inflater:Landroid/view/LayoutInflater;
    const v11, 0x7f030030

const/4 v12, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v4, v11, v12}, Landroid/view/LayoutInflater;->inflate(ILandroid/view/ViewGroup;)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v9

texan_ranger

Dec 8, 2010
South African Galaxy S3 (i9300)

Hi Guys,

I installed the Drivelink from the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33176372&postcount=1
on a stock South African Samsung i9300 with ICS on it. The app works but have not had the chance to get another Launcher onto it as to test the other launcher. Unfortunately I cannot mess around with Rooting the phone or putting custom CWM on the phone so I am worried about testing the modified TMServer package.

I have my XAV-701BT plugged into a power supply in room and will be keeping it there for testing sakes until a solution for my SGS2 (i9100) has the working DriveLink app or another app that can work with TMServer. Is there something I can do to test the TMServer and framework on the SGS2 (i9100).

I am willing to add in $20 to the bounty.

Please message me if you have any ideas for me and my SGS2 (i9100). Being South Africa... maybe I will find a phone that has "fallen off the back of a truck" ;).

Once again thank you so much for the effort.

Regards

teXan

pedderd

Oct 26, 2012
Hertford
I must be doing something wrong here, need assistance.

My mirrorlink head unit will not recognise my S3 (I9300) at all now. I am pretty sure it is the phone that is not putting itself into 'car mode'.

When it works, the phone will start Drive Link automatically on the S3. That doesn't seem to happen anymore, so even before manually starting drive link, I know it isn't going to work. When I was testing things early doors on this, the USB debugging seemed to be causing the problem, but now disabling (and rebooting) makes no difference. I am at a loss.

Here's what I have tried:

1. S3 with NxtGen ROM and drive link from play store unmodded
  2. S3 with Nxtgen ROM and drive link modded from this thread
  3. The above with TM server installed separately
  4. S3 with CM10 (version 20121107) and the latest TM server

I all instances, drive link works fine on the phone.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction ? Is it worth a Logcat ?

Ta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 5/5/12
    Drivelink has been successfully modified and supports full mirroring!!

All donations are to be sent to the winning dev AuRoN89 via his PayPal address at:
    [email protected]

Also please include your confirmation number so that op maybe be updated and your name crossed from the list!!

For anyone that had a special request such as support for other phones/os, if your phone is still not supported by the modified apk it is your right to hold out on your donation until your request can be reached.

Modified app can be found here:
    http://www.colmoschinxtreme.com/android
    Which will also be updated with changelog, comp car units etc

Full screen mirrorlink is now supported in the latest Sony firmware. It is recommended to use this app "button savior" (no root required) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey
    To create virtual buttons much like a nexus device to make navigating possible while in full screen mode.

Thank you very much AuRoN89 as well as every other dev that took a stab at this project your hard work is very much appreciated!!!

Update: here is a link to the newest drivelink apk file. Please modify app so that full mirroring of phone is possible onto the indash display along with touch input from display panel.
    http://db.tt/yepFlXWB

Some contributors may not be participating in bounty as of this date as thread is kind of old. Full amount is not guaranteed. If bounty is claimed and found to be valid I will pm all contributors to request funds to be given to dev.

Stakeholders in this are:
    $20 djwilliams100 - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$20 Andre! - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$25 (£20) lodger GT-I9300 (Checkrom Ver 5.5, Siyah 1.6.3+) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 Evolmage ?

Paid---$20 Mharmon

Paid---$50 Pinzvidz (galaxy s3)

Paid---$100 Anivnm (galaxy s4)

Paid---$30 Olywa123 - GT-I9300 (Stock XXBLG8 ICS 4.0.4) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 cell128 - (SCH-I535 /cleanrom 6.2) - confirmation 2GR470456C6605348

Paid--- $30 laxity - (i9300/stock)- first release of DriveLink working with Alpine ICS-X8
    -----------------------------------
    Below for people that have requests that have not yet been met or have moved on since bounty thread was made

$20 mrjoshzombie (Model?) (CM10 Nightlies) - Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$30 shirazdindar - Galaxy S II Skyrocket (CM9)- Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$20 Texan_ranger - (i9100/ ?) AuRoN89 apk did not work on galaxy s2

$20 TheAngelus (HTC oneX) special circumstance: must work with other phones (HTC oneX)

$20 rossjevans - (HTC ONE X/CM10)

Total – $435 (~334.51 Euros)

Hello,
    I bought a new indash for my truck the Sony xav-601bt and it supports mirrorlink technology for gs3. Pretty much the unit becomes an extension of your phone all the way down to playing angry birds on it if you wanted to. However I cannot connect it and after searching and speaking to numerous Sony tech supports that had no freakin clue of what to do I found that Samsung neeeds to release the app for it to be compatible. If anyone has it or runs into it I would appreciate it if you posted it here. Its supposed to be released on 8/29 from a rumor I read. It goes by the name Samsung drive-link I believe. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I'm on it.

I've done some 6 or so hours of decrypting the code in this app and have managed some simple customization's but I have not yet found the piece that automatically switches back to the DriveLink app when you manage to get out of it into the android operating system. I'm thinking it could be part of the mirrorlink apk that comes preinstalled on the phone. I haven't had the chance to decompile it and look through it yet but I will try to do it tomorrow if someone can post a link to it or PM me, if not I'll just yank it off my phone. I own both a GS3 and the 601bt so I'd like to get this working as well. I'll try to keep you guys updated but my work on this will be limited to a few hours a day since my wife and I just had our first baby.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

FULL MIRRORING WORKING ON ALPINE ICS-X8

Video proof VERY SOON!

BIG THANKS TO DARIO WHICH SENT ME AN ALPINE ICS-X8!!!!!
    sooooo

anyone tried deodexing stock rom??

Ok I finally got this working the other day on a stock ROM without having to deodex. I used the following script to Odex the TMServerApp.apk to create a TMServerApp.odex for my stock ROM :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1879128&highlight=denied

As there is a problem running some of the commands in the auto script I ran them manually until I found this link which was hidden in the original post :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=31874711&postcount=57

It will require purchasing Chainfire's adbd Insecure v1.30 app as the standard Jelly Bean adbd doesn't allow most of the commands to be run in the Auto Odex script due to more security. Alternatively run the steps in the script manually like I did before I spotted the Chainfire modded adbd.

So now I have a fully odex'd version of the TMServerApp.apk installed and it now works with my Alpine ICS-X8 :)

I will be sending my donation shortly AuRoN89. Thanks for all your hard work on this.
    j0ep0 and I are going to collaborate and see if we can get this app tweaked the way we think it was intended to be run. I've setup a Github and plan on trying to convert the Smali files into a jar that can be compiled and easily changed. If anyone would like to contribute let be know in a PM. If you want a link the the github I'll post it up as well once we get the two files out there and are working.