• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Samsung Drivelink DEV needed ***BOUNTY REACHED!!!***

Search This thread

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
I am sorry if this sounds stupid (I am pretty sure it does), I am a total newbie with smart phones...is rooting and flashing the jellybean rom safe? Does it void my warranty?

Thanks

You can brick it if you are not careful. It will void your warranty if you give it to them rooted but you can always restore back to original. If you want to flash ROMs you must first root, unlock the boot loader, flash cwm I recommend backing up your original ROM with cwm then flash away!! If you should mess up you can put it in download mode and fix with Odin on your PC. You can learn all these things at the dev site http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1672

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

playertee

Nov 26, 2012
You can brick it if you are not careful. It will void your warranty if you give it to them rooted but you can always restore back to original. If you want to flash ROMs you must first root, unlock the boot loader, flash cwm I recommend backing up your original ROM with cwm then flash away!! If you should mess up you can put it in download mode and fix with Odin on your PC. You can learn all these things at the dev site http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1672

alright i'm rooted and rom'd...got the 4.1.1 and gonna head over to the store to try and get the mirrorlink to work...will post updates

babyboy9964

Sep 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Is there any chance to get this DriveLink working on a Note (1)??

Is it necessary to have to official Samsung ROM on it?

I'm currently on the 4.1.2 JB Rom from SlimBean, and when I try to connect to the XAV I only get:
"Unsupported USB Device" OR
"Please reestablish connection to your smartphone"

Thanks!

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
Is there any chance to get this DriveLink working on a Note (1)??

Is it necessary to have to official Samsung ROM on it?

I'm currently on the 4.1.2 JB Rom from SlimBean, and when I try to connect to the XAV I only get:
"Unsupported USB Device" OR
"Please reestablish connection to your smartphone"

Thanks!

If you want to stay on slimbean, You could try installing the Touchwhiz framework from a Note JB (or ICS) ROM, install TMServer.apk and then DriveLink. No1 can tell if it will work until somebody tries it :)

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008
I haven't tried the new Drive Link version yet - will do that today. Does anybody know if the USB audio problem with CM10 is related to TMServer or Drive Link? I got everything working with CM10 and the files here but experience the same USB audio issue as others. I really don't want to go back to Touchwiz and install JellyWiz... Also, are the landscape issues just experienced in CM10 (rotation back and forth when I accelerate unless I wedge the phone in on its side!)?

Great work here, guys - I appreciate your efforts!

pedderd

Oct 26, 2012
Hertford
Hi all,

Following my successful connection on my i9300 to my Alpine ICS-X8, using NxtGEN rom and the XXDLJ5 version of TMserver, I have problems connecting with my preferred setup.

I prefer to be using CM10. I am on a nightly, 20121115 build and I cannot connect at all, even with the XXDLJ5 framework TMserver.

Does anyone know if this is down to using Trebuchet instead of Touchwiz ? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick. Or any other suggestions ?

Thanks.

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
I haven't tried the new Drive Link version yet - will do that today. Does anybody know if the USB audio problem with CM10 is related to TMServer or Drive Link? I got everything working with CM10 and the files here but experience the same USB audio issue as others. I really don't want to go back to Touchwiz and install JellyWiz... Also, are the landscape issues just experienced in CM10 (rotation back and forth when I accelerate unless I wedge the phone in on its side!)?

Great work here, guys - I appreciate your efforts!

The problem is in CM10, last time I checked, USB audio wasn't supported (yet).

ibjames

Aug 6, 2012
For the i747 it is fixed, check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664 . Maybe you can contact the people there to get it sorted for your model.

I've done a fair amount of reading but still have a question :cyclops:

If you have a stock verizon galaxy III (us version)
will this app work with it? I'm thinking of getting a Sony XAV-64BT and want to make sure before I purchase it.

On a second note, any of you have the receiver? If so, do you like it?

All responses appreciated! :highfive:

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008
I've done a fair amount of reading but still have a question :cyclops:

If you have a stock verizon galaxy III (us version)
will this app work with it? I'm thinking of getting a Sony XAV-64BT and want to make sure before I purchase it.

On a second note, any of you have the receiver? If so, do you like it?

All responses appreciated! :highfive:

A stock VZW SIII won't work. You need to root and load another ROM with a VZW phone. And the XAV-64BT doesn't have mirrorlink capabilities at all. You need the XAV-601BT or 701. I have the XAV-601BT and absolutely hate it. The hardware is good (sound quality, etc.) the the firmware is a total fail. Knowing what I know now, I will not buy a Sony car stereo again.

ibjames

Aug 6, 2012
A stock VZW SIII won't work. You need to root and load another ROM with a VZW phone. And the XAV-64BT doesn't have mirrorlink capabilities at all. You need the XAV-601BT or 701. I have the XAV-601BT and absolutely hate it. The hardware is good (sound quality, etc.) the the firmware is a total fail. Knowing what I know now, I will not buy a Sony car stereo again.

thanks for the reply! I think I'm just going to buy a regular double din with HD radio, and use the component in using an adapter, I would have to control everything on my phone, but I would mainly be using it for nav anyway.

I would love to use appradio2, but not having bluetooth streaming for music is a deal breaker :(

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

actually, knowing what you know now, what would you buy? :confused::D

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008
thanks for the reply! I think I'm just going to buy a regular double din with HD radio, and use the component in using an adapter, I would have to control everything on my phone, but I would mainly be using it for nav anyway.

I would love to use appradio2, but not having bluetooth streaming for music is a deal breaker :(

That's not a bad idea. The Sony units have a LOT of potential. There are very few choices out there that let you control Pandora on Android via the headunit. The Sonys have it, but they muffed the user interface so that changing channels is harder than it should be, etc. If they gave us these features and let us change more options, etc., the units would be great. I'm hopeful that the next firmware update solves a lot of issues, but there are too many to realistically think they will hit them all. Good luck with your decision!

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

actually, knowing what you know now, what would you buy? :confused::D

Well, I originally bought the unit for the Pandora control for Android. Eventually I ended up getting the XM tuner for it. I think I ended up paying $45 after rebate for the tuner and 6 months of service. I only use XM now and for that reason, probably would pick up a Kenwood or Pioneer unit. If I was still using Pandora, I think I'd get this unit again since there aren't many other choices (or at least weren't this summer). I find it so much easier to just get in and listen to XM rather than having to fire up Pandora, pick a station, worry about my phone battery draining, etc.

As I said though, IF Sony can improve the firmware for the XAV-601BT, the unit has a lot of potential. For just FM or XM usage with bluetooth for calls, I think there are a lot of other better choices out there.

Reactions: ibjames

ibjames

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah, it would be nice to be able to fire up pandora on my phone, and have it interface nicely, but just having access without cords is enough for me. The big thing I wanted is to be able to make phone calls, stream pandora, etc.. but when I need navigation, it shows up on the radio and I'm not looking at a phone

If I just convert my output to rca, and plug into the backup camera I suppose I could just do that. Wouldn't be digital quality but it'd probably get the job done. I don't care about netflix etc... I just want google nav to be on the screen and out my car speakers

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
Does this radio unit support hdmi? Maybe we can just do that instead of this mirrorlink stuff but we'd have no touch control on screen. I have the Samsung HDMI adapter, should I buy some kind of HDMI to rca adapter? I gotta say myself I was very exited when I bought this unit for the mirror link technology but if I knew it was going to be like this I would of went somewhere else with nav built in like my old unit. Other than that a2dp sounds very good

Last edited:

ibjames

Aug 6, 2012
Does this radio unit support hdmi? Maybe we can just do that instead of this mirrorlink stuff but we'd have no touch control on screen. I have the Samsung HDMI adapter, should I buy some kind of HDMI to rca adapter? I gotta say myself I was very exited when I bought this unit for the mirror link technology but if I knew it was going to be like this I would of went somewhere else with nav built in like my old unit. Other than that a2dp sounds very good

I think the only one that has an hdmi port is the appradio2, but it doesn't have a2dp (I think that is what it is called, which is bluetooth audio streaming)

what I'm talking about, is just getting a nice double din radio, that has bluetooth audio streaming, and just converting my hdmi out on my phone to rca with an adapter, and using the backup camera as my phone display or an extra video in if the radio has it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 5/5/12
    Drivelink has been successfully modified and supports full mirroring!!

All donations are to be sent to the winning dev AuRoN89 via his PayPal address at:
    [email protected]

Also please include your confirmation number so that op maybe be updated and your name crossed from the list!!

For anyone that had a special request such as support for other phones/os, if your phone is still not supported by the modified apk it is your right to hold out on your donation until your request can be reached.

Modified app can be found here:
    http://www.colmoschinxtreme.com/android
    Which will also be updated with changelog, comp car units etc

Full screen mirrorlink is now supported in the latest Sony firmware. It is recommended to use this app "button savior" (no root required) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey
    To create virtual buttons much like a nexus device to make navigating possible while in full screen mode.

Thank you very much AuRoN89 as well as every other dev that took a stab at this project your hard work is very much appreciated!!!

Update: here is a link to the newest drivelink apk file. Please modify app so that full mirroring of phone is possible onto the indash display along with touch input from display panel.
    http://db.tt/yepFlXWB

Some contributors may not be participating in bounty as of this date as thread is kind of old. Full amount is not guaranteed. If bounty is claimed and found to be valid I will pm all contributors to request funds to be given to dev.

Stakeholders in this are:
    $20 djwilliams100 - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$20 Andre! - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$25 (£20) lodger GT-I9300 (Checkrom Ver 5.5, Siyah 1.6.3+) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 Evolmage ?

Paid---$20 Mharmon

Paid---$50 Pinzvidz (galaxy s3)

Paid---$100 Anivnm (galaxy s4)

Paid---$30 Olywa123 - GT-I9300 (Stock XXBLG8 ICS 4.0.4) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 cell128 - (SCH-I535 /cleanrom 6.2) - confirmation 2GR470456C6605348

Paid--- $30 laxity - (i9300/stock)- first release of DriveLink working with Alpine ICS-X8
    -----------------------------------
    Below for people that have requests that have not yet been met or have moved on since bounty thread was made

$20 mrjoshzombie (Model?) (CM10 Nightlies) - Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$30 shirazdindar - Galaxy S II Skyrocket (CM9)- Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$20 Texan_ranger - (i9100/ ?) AuRoN89 apk did not work on galaxy s2

$20 TheAngelus (HTC oneX) special circumstance: must work with other phones (HTC oneX)

$20 rossjevans - (HTC ONE X/CM10)

Total – $435 (~334.51 Euros)

Hello,
    I bought a new indash for my truck the Sony xav-601bt and it supports mirrorlink technology for gs3. Pretty much the unit becomes an extension of your phone all the way down to playing angry birds on it if you wanted to. However I cannot connect it and after searching and speaking to numerous Sony tech supports that had no freakin clue of what to do I found that Samsung neeeds to release the app for it to be compatible. If anyone has it or runs into it I would appreciate it if you posted it here. Its supposed to be released on 8/29 from a rumor I read. It goes by the name Samsung drive-link I believe. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I'm on it.

I've done some 6 or so hours of decrypting the code in this app and have managed some simple customization's but I have not yet found the piece that automatically switches back to the DriveLink app when you manage to get out of it into the android operating system. I'm thinking it could be part of the mirrorlink apk that comes preinstalled on the phone. I haven't had the chance to decompile it and look through it yet but I will try to do it tomorrow if someone can post a link to it or PM me, if not I'll just yank it off my phone. I own both a GS3 and the 601bt so I'd like to get this working as well. I'll try to keep you guys updated but my work on this will be limited to a few hours a day since my wife and I just had our first baby.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

FULL MIRRORING WORKING ON ALPINE ICS-X8

Video proof VERY SOON!

BIG THANKS TO DARIO WHICH SENT ME AN ALPINE ICS-X8!!!!!
    sooooo

anyone tried deodexing stock rom??

Ok I finally got this working the other day on a stock ROM without having to deodex. I used the following script to Odex the TMServerApp.apk to create a TMServerApp.odex for my stock ROM :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1879128&highlight=denied

As there is a problem running some of the commands in the auto script I ran them manually until I found this link which was hidden in the original post :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=31874711&postcount=57

It will require purchasing Chainfire's adbd Insecure v1.30 app as the standard Jelly Bean adbd doesn't allow most of the commands to be run in the Auto Odex script due to more security. Alternatively run the steps in the script manually like I did before I spotted the Chainfire modded adbd.

So now I have a fully odex'd version of the TMServerApp.apk installed and it now works with my Alpine ICS-X8 :)

I will be sending my donation shortly AuRoN89. Thanks for all your hard work on this.
    j0ep0 and I are going to collaborate and see if we can get this app tweaked the way we think it was intended to be run. I've setup a Github and plan on trying to convert the Smali files into a jar that can be compiled and easily changed. If anyone would like to contribute let be know in a PM. If you want a link the the github I'll post it up as well once we get the two files out there and are working.