Samsung Epic 4g Touch MetroPCS Flash Guide

Search This thread

atinder

Jan 8, 2010
UPDATE: montecristo1 TRIED THIS ON STOCK ROM IT WORKED FOR HIM, MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THE STOCK MMS.APK IN THE /system/app folder, using ROOT EXPLORER. AND THEN DO THE APNs

Epic 4G Touch MetroPCS Guide.

Follow any other guide to fix you web

PLEASE CLICK THANKS, I AM NOT ASKING DONATIONS.

This guide will tell you how to fix MMS and the annoying dial *611 error for text.

Assuming you already have call and text and web now.

fix your picture message on Samsung galaxy s2 aka Epic 4g Touch.

PLEASE FLASH 2004 PRL TO YOUR S2 IT WILL GIVE YOU BETTER DATA

UPDATE: TRY 3029 PRL IF IT WORKS FOR YOU ! SOME USERS HAVE REPORTED SUCCESS WITH IT !

*Root the phone using the using one click EL29

*If wanted flash the EL26 modem

· PIT Button: This is for the partition structure when flashing an entire ROM

· BOOTLOADER Button: This is for uploading a new bootloader

· (we don't have, and have never used this - IGNORE!)

· PDA Button: This is for flashing kernels and ROMs (in .tar format)

· PHONE Button: This is for the phone's RADIO/MODEM ONLY!!!!!!

*Open the e4gtauto and click on ****install-el29-cwm-rogue.bat****

JUST INSTALL THIS ROM

http://uploading.com/files/2df14215/New_SenzationV2.3.zip/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352405

* Using root explorer or any other root explorer replace the Mms.apk with this one
MetroPCS E4GT MMS

*Reboot phone once more.

*Now open anycut and then create shortcut -> activiry -> apns

*open apns, if you see metro pcs apns, then match it with the settings below. If you see apns blank

Create one and make it active

Name: DO NOT TOUCH
APN: internet
proxy:
port:
username:
password:
server:
mmsc: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
mms proxy: wap.metropcs.net
mms port: 3128
mmc: DO NOT TOUCH
mnc: DO NOT TOUCH
auth type: none
apn type: mms (CASE SESITIVE)

*Reboot your phone and you will have e4gt on metro fully flashed.

*For youtube fix, dial ##3282#, click edit, enter spc, goto other, then look for multimedia and then change proxies to 0.0.0.0, and ports to 0

http://metropcsflash.blogspot.com/p/samsun-galaxy-s2-metropcs-full-flash.html

Last edited:

Godswrath

Dec 30, 2011

mikejones396

Jul 17, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
mms does not work and web way slower now

followed everything down to the whole page step by step and still no mms and web seem to be way slower now and also youtube do not work anymore. i tried the youtube fix and it still didnt work.

ok so when i tried to send a pic message its just stuck in "sending".

Last edited:

atinder

Jan 8, 2010
Please click thanks if this helps, install the sqlite editor from the mms_fix zip, and then using rootexplorer, check the telephony.db shows your settings.

mikejones396

Jul 17, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Please click thanks if this helps, install the sqlite editor from the mms_fix zip, and then using rootexplorer, check the telephony.db shows your settings.

Settings???...all I did was set checked all the box on permission for telephony.db and I use sqlite to go into that file and clicked on the second option and a whole list of carriers popped up and it looked like a Excel database file with metropcs on the very first main top of the page and i went and change only the username and password (which is my metro pcs msl).

Icebluemale30

Mar 4, 2008
Brooklyn
Where to get guide to Flash to MetroPcs

I followed the guide in one forum that said to use QPST and CDMA Workshop but after i was done the phone still is on sprint is there a guide to get the phone flashed right how did you guys do it ?

mikejones396

Jul 17, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
I followed the guide in one forum that said to use QPST and CDMA Workshop but after i was done the phone still is on sprint is there a guide to get the phone flashed right how did you guys do it ?

I had that problem with a couple of phones...did you wrote the metro prl in the phone? If so then try manually programming (##yourmsl#)the phone after that then edit the mdn and msid. Just put your number instead and for the msid you need to get that from your old phone through the same process or in the "about phone" section.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

mstanfill

Oct 16, 2011
I have tried all the steps a couple of times and still getting the FC error on startup and when I try to go into the messaging app??

atinder

Jan 8, 2010
Delete all the database files and the mms app, make sure you use 2004 prl, it will give you better internet (yes 1x works better than 3g).

atinder

Jan 8, 2010
try changing the apn settings, if it doesn't work then try changing mms app. use 2004 prl

mikejones396

Jul 17, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
!!!WORKS!!!

Hey it works now...i just came back to this thread to see if theres any updates or progress to make pic messaging work and it has finally work for me.

P.s. im using 3027 prl but ill give 2004 a try.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: montecristo1 TRIED THIS ON STOCK ROM IT WORKED FOR HIM, MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THE STOCK MMS.APK IN THE /system/app folder, using ROOT EXPLORER. AND THEN DO THE APNs

Epic 4G Touch MetroPCS Guide.

Follow any other guide to fix you web

PLEASE CLICK THANKS, I AM NOT ASKING DONATIONS.

This guide will tell you how to fix MMS and the annoying dial *611 error for text.

Assuming you already have call and text and web now.

fix your picture message on Samsung galaxy s2 aka Epic 4g Touch.

PLEASE FLASH 2004 PRL TO YOUR S2 IT WILL GIVE YOU BETTER DATA

UPDATE: TRY 3029 PRL IF IT WORKS FOR YOU ! SOME USERS HAVE REPORTED SUCCESS WITH IT !

*Root the phone using the using one click EL29

*If wanted flash the EL26 modem

· PIT Button: This is for the partition structure when flashing an entire ROM

· BOOTLOADER Button: This is for uploading a new bootloader

· (we don't have, and have never used this - IGNORE!)

· PDA Button: This is for flashing kernels and ROMs (in .tar format)

· PHONE Button: This is for the phone's RADIO/MODEM ONLY!!!!!!

*Open the e4gtauto and click on ****install-el29-cwm-rogue.bat****

JUST INSTALL THIS ROM

http://uploading.com/files/2df14215/New_SenzationV2.3.zip/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352405

* Using root explorer or any other root explorer replace the Mms.apk with this one
    MetroPCS E4GT MMS

*Reboot phone once more.

*open apns, if you see metro pcs apns, then match it with the settings below. If you see apns blank

proxy:
    port:
    username:
    password:
    server:

*Reboot your phone and you will have e4gt on metro fully flashed.

*For youtube fix, dial ##3282#, click edit, enter spc, goto other, then look for multimedia and then change proxies to 0.0.0.0, and ports to 0

http://metropcsflash.blogspot.com/p/samsun-galaxy-s2-metropcs-full-flash.html
    how to programming epic 4g...

Here you go:

Power on the handset
    Enter ##000000# or ## 468346# and select Edit
    Press "Touch Here" to start editing information
    Enter MDN (10-digit phone number) and press enter on bottom right
    Enter MIN (10-digit phone number) and press enter on bottom right
    Select Done when finished
    Phone will powercycle and programming is now complete...

BTW I still going to send you the complete guide,soon as you are ready.:cool:

Guys, I just got an epic touch 4g for my girl, right now its completely stock on sprint. Im waiting for a guy on ebay to add ESN to my girls Metropcs acount. So to get voice and txt working, I just have to flash 2004 PRL using CDMA or QSPT..but how do i enter MIN and other info???
    How to flash [Guide] from cricet users

Copied from somewhere in Cricket Users:

<<<<<<<ENJOY,>>>>>

NOTE: Even with a new phone it seems that you can bypass the hands free activation by simply clicking home.

Install the drivers on your computer.

Dial ##8778# using the phone dialer (same thing as if you were making a phone call). Select "all". Now plug the phone in. Drivers should

install. Here is where we had an interesting time getting the diagnostic port to come up though. We tried USB tethering (settings >

wireless and networks) and also USB mass storage mode (also in the same location). After taking both of these back off our computer

finally found two more devices and installed the appropriate drivers.

Might be important to have the phone off, plug the USB cord in, and then boot the device. If you can't use it right after installing drivers,

do the same thing again. Turn it off with the USB unplugged, plug the USB in, and turn it on again.

*IMPORTANT : YOU NEED THAT THE ESN NUMBER OF THE PHONE IS ADDED TO METRO'S DATABASE.

READ THIS:
    Flashing your phone does not mean the esn is automaticly added to MetroPCS.

1. Flashing the phone Consists of Modifying the phones settings inorder to work on the MetroPCS network.. This includes modifying the

prl settings, wap settings, the mip settings, and the mms settings of your phone.. Just because you change these your self does not

mean that metro pcs will automaticly add your esn and your done..

2. ESN adding is done through Houdini.. This is the only legal way to have your esn on MetroPCS. Flashing your phone yourself will not

get your esn on metro's network not even if you can dial *228 and get the customer service line.. There is no legal way other than

Houdini to add your esn to metros network..

If you take it apon your self to Flash or modify your phone you should realize that you will still have to pay to have your service

acquired through metro pcs.. The phone must be Houdini Flashed an allowed to enter Metro's esn data base and billing data base.

--Getting started and setting up CDMA WS--

First you need to obtain your SPC.

For CDMA Workshop to access your phone, it must be able to support that COM port number. This just means that it can't be too high.

You'll see what I mean when you enter CDMA Workshop (2.7). For CDMA Workshop 3.x and up, you will most likely be able to support

whatever COM port the device chose my default. If your COM port is too high, go into device manager and right click the diagnostic

serial port. Go to the advanced tab and click advanced port settings. After choosing an appropriate port you might get some warnings,

but drive on. I put all my Android devices that I flash on the same COM port so I get warnings that the port is already in use. I never have

a bunch of Android phones plugged in at the same time for flashing so this is not a problem. You might need to unplug the device and

plug it back in for it to actually start functioning correctly.

Open up CDMA Workshop and find your COM port. Hit connect. It's not required but you can click read after that if you want to see the

phone's information pop up.

Go to the security tab and focus on the password (16 digits) box. Use the drop down menu and select Samsung (default). Hit send

below that. You should get a message saying "Password is correct. Phone unlocked".

Now look at the SPC box. Hit read and it should blink red and give you your SPC. To keep things simple, I like to hit the SPC button and

send. This will ensure everything is unlocked. Then I go to the SPC box and type in 000000. I hit the SPC button again and this time

click write. Now the SPC is 000000. Too easy. Exit out of CDMA WS and do not let it reset the device. It's not needed at this point.
    ---Getting started and setting up QPST---

1. Open up QPST > "QPST Configuration". Click on the "Add new port" on the bottom right. Uncheck mark the "Show serial and USB ports

only". In the box above it, you should see your phone connected and the corresponding COM port. Select it and the "Port" and "Port

label" will autofill. Hit "Ok". Check the COM ports in your device manager if you can't figure out what port it's on (you're looking for the

diagnostic serial port).

2. Open up QPST > Service programming. Select your phone in the "Select an active phone" box.
    Click on "Read from phone" and enter your SPC when prompted (which is 000000).

--For talk/text---
    1. You will first write a new prl to your phone. Our link from earlier should contain the most up to date PRL.
    2. Click on the "Roam tab at the top.
    3. Click on the "browse" button under "Preferred roaming" and locate the prl file you wish to write.
    4. Click on "Write to phone".
    5. Let QPST do it's thing and voila, your new PRL will be written to your phone.

---For internet---
    1. Click the "M.IP" tab and set "Mobile IP Behavior" as "Simple Only".
    Select any profile number 1 (not 0) listed under "user profiles" and click edit. Do the following for all profiles:
    Make sure that "profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:
    NAI: your10digitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
    Tethered NAI: your10digitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
    2. Leave "home address", "primary ha", and "secondary HA" to what they were set at.
    3. On both "HA Shared" and "AAA Shared Secret, select the "enter text string" and type in the following password (all lower case):

"metropcs".
    4. Click "Ok".
    5. Set active user as "1" if it is not already set this way.
    6. Click "PPP Config".
    7. Click the "Um" Button.
    8. Under user ID enter: your10digitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it,

click it and press ctrl + D. Enter "your MSL code" in the password box.
    9.Click the "AN" Button and repeat the last step.
    10. Click "write to phone"...After that, you should now have the 3g icon on your phone.

Once it reboots you will need to get into CDMA Workshop. Note that both QPST and CDMA Workshop can't work at the same time.

Select the port that your device is on and then hit connect.

Go to the security tab and under SPC, enter 000000, hit the SPC button and then SEND it to the phone. This will unlock the phone.

In CDMA Workshop go to the memory tab and hit write under NV items. Find the file you just download and send that. It's going to give

you a warning that you need to send the SPC first, but you just did that. Shut the program down and allow it to reset the phone.

Now don't go back into QPST and write anything because it'll revert the data settings back to Verizon. If you have to make a

modification to a PRL or anything at a later time, you will need to send the NV items again.

mrctony...:silly:
    Yes I think replacing the mms app will work on stock,just follow the steps in the op:

MetroPCS E4GT MMS

*Reboot phone once more.

proxy:
    port:
    username:
    password:
    server:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Yes, I have tried it on two phones, I can post video link too, and you can download them from market too