• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

jpbassjoel

Nov 16, 2011
Family left yesterday. I'll be doing the compile tonight after work. Cross your fingers. :)
sure that if

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

It found the phone. But still invalid tar file

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
I have that same problem using windows 7

<ID:0/021> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

Last edited:

Bsanborn

Dec 18, 2008
sure that if

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I have that same problem using windows 7

Use the snippet tool and send screenshots. I bet I've ran into the same error as you before. I've put this phone through a lot of stress.

Heimdall works so much better too imo. There's the issue though where you have to install the Heimdall driver to get it to work with Heimdall (you use the tool in the folder /driver). If you want to go back to Odin, you'll have to go into Device Manager and rollback to the old driver.

You may already know this, but I figured I would post for others.

EDIT: Take the .md5 extension off the end and try again using just the .tar extension. It should work. Flash the same way via PDA.

jpbassjoel

Nov 16, 2011
Use the snippet tool and send screenshots. I bet I've ran into the same error as you before. I've put this phone through a lot of stress.

Heimdall works so much better too imo. There's the issue though where you have to install the Heimdall driver to get it to work with Heimdall (you use the tool in the folder /driver). If you want to go back to Odin, you'll have to go into Device Manager and rollback to the old driver.

You may already know this, but I figured I would post for others.

EDIT: Take the .md5 extension off the end and try again using just the .tar extension. It should work. Flash the same way via PDA.

starts but I get an error, and I cannot enter the recovery the phone

photo http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/ghxghjccthyjyj.png/

Last edited:

Bsanborn

Dec 18, 2008
Reactions: jpbassjoel

Bsanborn

Dec 18, 2008
Bsanborn, has had luck with the recovery?

Made some ground last night. I got caught up and didn't get a chance to finish. All the terminal windows and everything are still open on my computer. I'll work on it again tonight. I'll post my results when I get them.

As far as I can tell, I think I got it. So far everything has gone smoothly Kernel wise. I had to download a bunch of packages and stuff since Ubuntu was a fresh install.

Don't get your hopes up though, I'm a total noob at this. :)

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
I have pulled every thing needed and built a stock tar off my phone from modem to factoryfs. To flash with modem I can post the commands to do it. It's ad close as u can get to a nandroid backup

sent from my 1300mhz OC'ed Exhibit 4g

qwerty3656

Aug 22, 2009
help!

Hey guys any ideas would be appreciated. I cannot get into recovery - can only get into the "downloading" screen and talk to ODIN. I've tried flashing factoryfs.rfs.tar
zImage.tar and
recover.bin.tar

All flash fine. Still only able to get to the "downloading" screen.

I've tried flashing the samsung_exhibit_stock_2.3.3.pit a few times but it just locks up

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again [email protected]

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.