• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

Tomcat23

Nov 27, 2012
Got mine rooted.

Lots of reading through this thread. I was able to root my girlfriend's phone tonight using "Zerg Rush" and following the instructions on androidauthority.

I know that the instructions on that page are probably in this very long thread a few times. I wasn't going to try to change the factory rom, just wanted root. (I'm new to android in general, having just gotten in on the first round of nexus 4's last week. Still a newb!) But I did have odin and heimdall and the factory roms on standby thanks to this thread.

So thanks everyone!

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
Amazingly, I'm back up and running.

This command seemed to make the difference:

heimdall flash --kernel zImage --recovery zImage

My uneducated view is this somehow fixed my partition - but I defer to those of you who actually know something (if it makes a difference, the zImage was from my phone originally - an old backup - i.e. it was not something I downloaded). After I did this, I reflashed everything (w/o repartitioning) and was able to reset my system in recovery. Thanks for everyone's help.

how and from where you make this command? I have the same problem

thanks

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Do not give any money to android area51.
All this site is about trying to get money!!!!!
They had the nerve ban me for speaking the truth no bad words at all.
Their a do nothing site.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using xda premium

Reactions: KeanuC

buzz86us

Jun 24, 2011
Im sorry if im being impatient, but are there any confirmed roms out there? It seems like i got the one phone which doesnt have any roms

Yeah I find this odd since this is basically the same phone as the galaxy s1 there is arearom but theft didn't really do much from stock... this would be a very usable phone if the Wi-Fi worked worth a damn.

Reactions: axe3000123

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
What's the latest os for this devices as well as are there any roms or what can I do with my root no clockworkmod that I can find

Sent from my SGH-T759 using xda app-developers app

mesuprakash

Apr 17, 2012
It's gonna take a while for the files to finish, but I mirrored them to our sourceforge site:
exhibit4g-stock-rom-odin.7z
You can open the file using 7zip (download)

I have those file now how to flash?? Anyone please tell me.. i need to flash my t759 its continously switch off and on when i putting the battery inside. Please help:(:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Last edited:

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
Depending on the file u can try putting the zimage in pda and click apply and it should work or put it device in download mode hold buttons as it boots up not sure what ones and the flash the zimage

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
I need the system.rfs files for odin as well as my phone boots to a failed to mount all this stuff /data /chace any chance anyone can upload a flash able zip or all the odin files I've tried flashing factory.rfs and ziamage with no luck i can't boot it up stuck with a blackberry can anyone upload the fiels make sure you upload them to the xda website not some 3rd party site thanks grant or you can email me at [email protected]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again [email protected]

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.