• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Samsung Expert Raw app

Search This thread

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
Hi, I am not sure what you mean by lossless jpeg. I couldn't find a setting for this. Here you can find 6 JPEG photos. 3 with stock, 3 with expert. All settings (ISO, Exposure, Focus distance, White balance) should be exactly the same as I have manually selected them while keeping the phone on a tripod. Auto HDR was disabled too. https://we.tl/t-WSBZjBGaNB
Also, I am on the Exynos variant.
but There are still not many details like google camera

Reactions: RSGI

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
Well I gues it depends. Personally, I did not find any Gcam version that does not smooth things out. In some instances, the stock camera was sharper than Gcam so I decided not to bother with it anymore.

Reactions: shaolin95

fl.campos

Jun 30, 2010
Would someone tell me what are the shutter speed ranges for 3x and 10x lenses on this app? I'm thinking about buying one S21 Ultra for low light photography on a tripod.

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009

Matzinger87

May 16, 2012
Could anyone please upload some RAW files? I really would like to see their quality when edited in Lightroom

I really would like to test it myself but I've got the S21U China variant, for which the final One UI 4 update hasn't been released yet. :-/

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
Meaux
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Here are some, they do have a high ISO though. https://we.tl/t-OB0jGNQlg0

I see that you also have problems with black or dark colors otherwise I don't really see a difference from the normal pro mode with regard to the main sensor or the ultra wide angle
1638804223041.png

Attachments

• 20211206_165359-raw.jpg
    20211206_165359-raw.jpg
    15.4 MB · Views: 79

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
I see that you also have problems with black or dark colors otherwise I don't really see a difference from the normal pro mode with regard to the main sensor or the ultra wide angle
View attachment 5475977
Well, there is a difference in terms of clarity. I've uploaded here a photo of the same guitar (allmost same settings) but with the normal stock camera raw. You can open it in camera raw and compare with the expert version so you can see what I mean. https://we.tl/t-IOVxhMJpdB

Reactions: UNIK97122

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
Meaux
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Well, there is a difference in terms of clarity. I've uploaded here a photo of the same guitar (allmost same settings) but with the normal stock camera raw. You can open it in camera raw and compare with the expert version so you can see what I mean. https://we.tl/t-IOVxhMJpdB

oh yes anyway huge difference, I was going to test on one of my castle one of these evenings side by side it looks huge

1638806843129.png

Reactions: Randi03

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
Exactly, the difference is unbelievable. Although I do understand why, I mean the Expert uses stacked RAW's, and in some instances it can give cleaner images but they are exageratedly clean. I will always prefer more noise/detail to smudged/clean images.

Top Liked Posts

Does anyone have the .19 apk?
    Hi guys,
    Tried running it on a Z Flip 3, no luck. Is there a version that works on more devices or just the S21 for now?
    s21 ultra only for now as far as iknow, the flip and fold phones should get it soon
    New Expert RAW apk. Seems like the JPG and RAW produced is a little more contrasty. Here's a quick zoomed in JPG sample comparison. Top is new version, bottom is older.
    Screenshot_20211213-153955_Ditto - Photo Comparer.jpg
    FYI, just noticed the release of the Expert Raw app by Samsung, supporting all lenses for the S21 Ultra. Editing can be done through Adobe Lighthouse for Samsung.

The app is release in South Korea, but als available through mirror sites.

More info here
    Right after downgrading to 11 I saw this post. Back to 12... Again and, yes, it's True. This is NOT pure RAW. I posted 3 photos down here so you can see what's going on. I apologize in advance for this long post but I wanted to show the actual view on the user's screen.

1st: Expert raw actually takes a RAW photo (notice the high chroma noise) but immediately processes it, to reduce the noise as seen with the yellow progress circle in the lower part of the screen.
    PSX_20211124_204149.jpg
    2nd: after processing, the photo looks like this
    Screenshot_20211124-203456_Expert RAW.jpg

3rd: after opening the photo in Photoshop Express, it looks like this:
    Screenshot_20211124-203537_Photoshop Express.jpg

To the untrained eye, this looks like such a great, clean image. But this is clearly, not RAW and it is not what users asked for.

Honestly, Samsung is frustrating. They give you the feeling that they are listening to their customers. We ask them for oranges and they give us watermellons. My theory is that they absolutely know they have mediocre sensors in their flagships and do not want to risk their image by letting you see the RAW capability of their camera.