• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung galaxy 2 fold at&t Change Carrier

Search This thread

jpeps3

Apr 5, 2011
Hi
Have Samsung galaxy 2 fold at&t unlock

Can I change Carrier from att to t-mobile I flashing T-Mobile firmware or can I just Flash csc??

Stalix

Apr 23, 2007
if your phone is sim-unlocked, once you insert a t-mobile simcard it will change the phone to t-mobile. no need to flash anything.

vinscuzzy

Mar 5, 2006
if your phone is sim-unlocked, once you insert a t-mobile simcard it will change the phone to t-mobile. no need to flash anything.
Yes, it works for making phone calls, texts, even 5g. But you won't get OTA updates. At least that's what I was told. I'm typing from a purchased AT&T unlocked Fold 2, with a TMobile sim inside. It works fine, just no updates. Still on One UI 2.5, and android 10. I'm actually here hoping to change this by flashing a TMobile rom. I did a little research last night, and it seems a little scary with the danger of bricking the phone. Back in the PPC hayday of flashing roms, I was all over it. I even flashed a few roms on my s6 years ago, so I have some experience with Odin, but it still seems nerve wracking because I can't return this phone if I brick it. Bought it used.

HoOnZ

Sep 13, 2005
Somerset
Yes, it works for making phone calls, texts, even 5g. But you won't get OTA updates. At least that's what I was told. I'm typing from a purchased AT&T unlocked Fold 2, with a TMobile sim inside. It works fine, just no updates. Still on One UI 2.5, and android 10. I'm actually here hoping to change this by flashing a TMobile rom. I did a little research last night, and it seems a little scary with the danger of bricking the phone. Back in the PPC hayday of flashing roms, I was all over it. I even flashed a few roms on my s6 years ago, so I have some experience with Odin, but it still seems nerve wracking because I can't return this phone if I brick it. Bought it used.

@vinscuzzy I feel you because I understand what you're going through. I used to flash my devices back in the day. I haven't flashed or rooted in a long time but like you, I also have an unlocked AT&T branded Z Fold2. It seems easy enough. Any reason why you would install the T-Mobile firmware rather than the U1 Unlocked version?

vinscuzzy

Mar 5, 2006
@vinscuzzy Any reason why you would install the T-Mobile firmware rather than the U1 Unlocked version?

Theoretically I would think the unlocked version would be better because when theres an update, I'm guessing, we wouldn't have to wait for the carriers to do their stuff to it. But I'm not 100% sure if that's how it works anymore. The last truly unlocked phone I had was a Nokia 1520.3, with windows mobile, and it was great, BUT if I remember correctly I had trouble with wifi calling, visual voicemail, and tethering. I actually asked @zimgir124 the same thing in the other thread about which one is more beneficial, but haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: HoOnZ

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If it's running well now I would not be concerned with updates. You could well end up with a less functional device by updating.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @vinscuzzy Any reason why you would install the T-Mobile firmware rather than the U1 Unlocked version?

Theoretically I would think the unlocked version would be better because when theres an update, I'm guessing, we wouldn't have to wait for the carriers to do their stuff to it. But I'm not 100% sure if that's how it works anymore. The last truly unlocked phone I had was a Nokia 1520.3, with windows mobile, and it was great, BUT if I remember correctly I had trouble with wifi calling, visual voicemail, and tethering. I actually asked @zimgir124 the same thing in the other thread about which one is more beneficial, but haven't heard back yet.